And then there were 2 :)

Eugh maybe the lack of witching hour wasnt such a good idea :roll: went to bed at 11pm, little miss woke at 12am then 2:30am then it was hourly from then :( bleeding hell, i'm shattered today! She did a nice big poo at 3am too which just couldnt be dealt with in the dark, cue Lexi being wide awake when i put her back into her moses basket! The joys! So maybe i shouldnt moan so much come 5pm when shes wide awake and wont go to sleep, maybe shes just wearing herself out ready for bedtime!

Shes smiling a lot more lately too and not just by fluke, she is currently laid on the sofa talking to Elises dressing gown, reaching out for it and smiling at it from time to time, looks so cute :)

Currently weaning off colief too as were gonna try the comfort milk, if that works fine then we'll stick with it, but i have back up colief just in case

xx

They can smile now on their own hun Elliott has for a few days x

Try the milk hun i would. I looked at that stuff and was put off by the fact you got to add it half an hour before.

Had my check up today Elliott weighs 10 lb 11oz x

20/06/2012 - Elliott born at 12:09 x

11/02/2011 - Leo born at 11:37 x

yeah ive noticed for the past week or so that she smiles for people now rather than just in her sleep etc, its lovely aint it :) And yeah, as good as colief is, its just awkward leaving it half hour especially when your baby wants feeding and your having to find ways to settle em while its working its magic, its not like Lexi goes regular intervals for a bottle anyway to know when to make one up ready, shes all over the place with feeds! I've been weaning her off the colief anyway and got the comfort milk ready, if that fails we can always go back to colief cant we :)

Elliott is a nice healthy weight too hun :) were due our 6wk check at the docs, they did tell me i would receive an appointment through the post but ive had nothing so seems i'll have to ring them tomorrow seen as though she's 6 weeks old then :) its going so bloody quickly aint it!

xx

Its official, the witching hour occurs so our little monkeys sleep better at night...thats my theory anyway seen as though Elexis went every 2 hours last night compared to hourly the night before...no massive improvement really but at least i feel like i got some sleep at least.

Went to dads yesterday with the girls as they were going on holiday and its his birthday Sunday while they are there, they couldnt believe how much Lexi had grown, they havent seen her in over 2 weeks (and they only live a 10 minute drive away) i'd visit them more if i had a car, sayin that my dad never rings me either, i could go bloody months without speaking to him which kinda makes me sad, mum makes an effort, shes down ours most saturdays...so why cant dad!! Bah...i'm ranting off topic! time to scoot :lol:

xx

OH MY DAYS!!!!! Elexis decided that from 10:30am yesterday she wasnt going to sleep (or sleep much at least) never mind witching hour...she had a bloody witching day which lasted until 9:30pm and then when bedtime came around she woke chuffing hourly for feeds :( come 5:30am i was shattered and knowing she likes our bed and sleeps well i stuck her in with us for the last hour or so, she dropped off after half hour of whinging, i closed my eyes and the god damn dog started whining to go out so i've given up and come down bloody stairs!!

just made Lexi her first comfort milk bottle too...lets see how she gets on with this, fingers crossed it works for her

xx

Maybe you should try the milk i have put Elliott on as its organic and has good tummy stuff in x also is cheap x also his Poo is returning to normal yellow and his colic is getting better x hope she is good for you tonight x

I love your stories deedee :lol:

Sounds like your LO is a cheeky monkey, love the poo story!!

Glad dd#1 is behaving better, the last thing you need with a newborn is a stroppy teenager - especially one that's not even a teenager!!

You've definitely got your hands full with these girls but so glad you're able to enjoy the funny side of motherhood, it makes me look forward to it all the more :) xxx

Maybe you should try the milk i have put Elliott on as its organic and has good tummy stuff in x also is cheap x also his Poo is returning to normal yellow and his colic is getting better x hope she is good for you tonight x

which milk you on hun? i just swapped to sma comfort, dunno how advisable it is to keep swapping milk etc. i think shes been worse since been weaned off colief tbh so i'm gonna give this milk a week, see how she is and if shes still the same shes going back on normal sma and i'll just have to put up with the colief i guess! Nightmare it is!

I love your stories deedee :lol:

Sounds like your LO is a cheeky monkey, love the poo story!!

Glad dd#1 is behaving better, the last thing you need with a newborn is a stroppy teenager - especially one that's not even a teenager!!

You've definitely got your hands full with these girls but so glad you're able to enjoy the funny side of motherhood, it makes me look forward to it all the more :) xxx

Aww thanks leesey, its bloody hard work, if i didnt make light of things i'd be completely mad, its so hard at times especially when little miss with the phase shes going through at the minute spends most of her waking time being whingy and crying, sometimes i just have to put her in her swing and have 5 as i get so stressed as i dont know what to do with her! I think i coped better first time around lol! i just keep thinking to myself that its not always gonna be like this, just gotta ride the storm i guess.
And yes DD#1 is such a bugger lately, deffo got my hands full

xx

Aaaargh seriously, there no let up lately, Lexi fought sleep again all day yesterday and was so maungy with it, she has been worse since weaning off the colief, gonna give this new comfort milk a week and of theres no improvement shes going back on normal sma and back to the colief, i cant cope with the relentlesness of it esp as OH isnt very good at helping me out.
Again last night she woke hourly, but rather than just stirring and me getting to her before she started a full scale scream, she woke whinging, almost crying! I am so knackered with it all. I couldnt do anything yesterday as madam was so clingy, she would fall to sleep quite happily on me, as soon as i put her down she woke and cried, seriously, it was hard..dont get me wrong i like the fact that she wants to be near me and is comforted by that but i do need some space as well, feel like i'm goin insane at times, just wish my good baby would come back :(

xx

Hipp organic hun. I have given up with SMA Seems like it doesn't agree with many babies anymore.

Hope something helps her soon. I have found that Elliott is less windy during the day now on this milk and it isn't sitting in his tummy too long to make him have green poo x

luckily this sma comfort milk seems ok atm so i'm gonna stick it out for the rest of the week and see how we get on :) glad Elliott seems a lot better on his new milk too.

xx

Yesterday we had such a good day with our girls, Elexis was back to her normal self and slept all day, Elise was well behaved and didnt play up once, it was bliss, no stress or anything for a full day! There had to be some consequences to having a good baby all day though...a very crappy night...she was waking every hour, sometimes stirring after half an hour, it was as if she just wasnt comfy in her moses basket as everytime i got her out to "feed her" she dropped to sleep in my arms and seemed pretty content there where as through the day she was happy for me to put her in her swing to settle her self. I ended up just getting up at 5am and we got some sleep downstairs instead. OH for once has said he will do the night feeds tonight so i am really looking forward to getting a nice block of sleep :) its about time he offered to help, only took him over 6weeks :roll:

Elise is going swimming with her uncle and aunt this morning, shes very excited, has got her rm bands at the ready bless...me on the other hand...lazy day is in order, may send the OH out to get munchies in for the day :lol:

xx

I had a crap bit of a morning Elliott woke at 3 then was wide awake for ages because he slept most of the day x

i think thats why lexi had a bad night especially as she didnt have her usual witching hour from 5 until 10, she had a restless hour from 7pm until 8pm and that was it. Luckily today she has had some awake time but not been a maungy arse with it so fingers crossed she has a better night...mind you it wont matter as i'm not doing the night shift tonight muhahaha! lol

x

Oh my days it was lovely getting sleep last night :D tbh i did wake everytime Lexi stirred to be fed but i still felt like i slept loads! I did end up getting up at 4:30am as my first monthly arrived a couple of days ago and for some reason its really heavy and i bloody leaked didnt i :( so i went and got sorted and was wide awake then so i told OH he could get his head down and i would take over, he was pretty releived actually as he said missus had woke every hour, was quite amusing as i said "its hard isnt it?" and he sheepishly said "yes" ha, now he knows how i feel every bloody night, maybe he wont dismess my moods and tiredness so easily now!
Oh yeah, we didnt have a witching hour what so ever last night, i bathed little miss, gave her a nice warm bottle and popped her in her swing and she fell straight to sleep bless her :) hope she has another well behaved day, still havent had an appointment through for our 6wk check so need to ring the doctors this morning to arrange that!

Oh my God yeah, OT a little here, but yesterday a doctors car pulled up outside mine, they went next door but one to the old couples house, we've had bother before woth the old man as when we lived across from the back of theirs he used to come outside and wee in the back yard or get his bits out at the gate, anyway, so i saw the doctor go to theirs then an ambulance responder car pulled up so i though ooh maybe one of em isnt very well! An ambulance soon appeared but the doctor came out and sent it away! The ambulance responder went after 10 minutes and then the doctor went ten minutes after that. After 20 minutes or so a police car arrived and i kinda had a sinking feeling that something wasnt right and my isntincts were right when i saw the private ambulance turn up, it made me feel weirded out, even though we had had problems with the old man in the past it was still sad. We did find out it was him that had died, i really feel for his wife, shes lovely bless her and she doesnt have any family up here, just hope shes getting support from close friends instead.

xx

Glad you got some rest i got promised a rest and go back to sleep at seven this morning but nope going to go sick at him when he wakes up. Even let him have weed with my last Tenner which was suppose to go on my loan so Fucking pissed off with him lately. At least your man don't break your heart lying and making promises he don't keep need a big hug today x

aww bless ya hun he sounds like he can be a right nob at times :( you go get him told! And my OH aint all he's cracked up to be at times, he has a gambling problem although its under control at the minute but hes not thought twice of spending our last £200 in the bookies, i think all blokes have their bad points :hugs:

x

Oh my days could of ripped my hair out yesterday! Elexis was not too bad through the day she had periods of sleeping for 2hrs and then not wanting to sleep but was quite happy and cheery anyway with it! Tea time came and she was wide awake and wanting attention, whinging and crying out every now and again, me and OH managed to get her to sleep several times but every time we put her down she would wake. I finally got her to sleep on me at 10pm so decided rather than put her down and disturb her twice i'd just go to bed with her there and then and get some sleep in before she woke for her next feed...yeah right! As soon as i put her in her moses basket and stepped out the room for the loo she was awake (seems to know when ive gone out the room regardless how deep a sleep she is in grr) i fought with her for 2 bloody hours, she was spitting the bottle out and was fine in my arms but screamed when i put her in her moses basket! She was waking every half hour to an hour, i could of just cried my eyes out, she was such hard work! Finally she got back into her normal routine of waking hourly on the dot every half past the hour until her feed at 3:30am and then she didnt wake while 5:50am so i got up and she slept for another 2 hours after her feed downstairs in her swing! She is currently laid on the sofa by my side smiling and kicking her legs about the little shit! Glad shes happy with the amount of sleep shes had the git bag lol cant be mad with that cheeky face of hers though! Just hope she gets back into a decent routine sharpish!

xx

I had sleep :D missus had her usual witching hour yesterday evening, she wouldnt settle but we finally got her to sleep around 10pm. I gave it a good half hour before going to bed to make sure she was fast on. Got up stairs and as soon as i put her in her moses basket she was awake :( so i fed her but it seemed like she was just chewing the teat and falling to sleep that way, but every time i put her in her moses basket she screamed. I tried her in her cot with the mobile playing, still no joy, attempted another 4 times in our bedroom, still no joy, OH came up stairs and had a go, settled her for all of 5 minutes before she started screaming again...anyway, i decided on the off chance to check the teat (dont ask me why) and somehow a size 1 teat had made it into the pack :eh: so i swapped it with a size 3, tried her with the bottle again and she guzzled it like mad and settled straight away in her moses basket...so 1 and a half hours of trying and all it was was she couldnt take her bottle due to the teat been too small, poor kid! Anyway, so she had that bottle at 12 ish, she woke at 2am then and then next woke at 5:15am :) cue happy mummy! She went back to sleep at 5:30am and woke at 7:30am had a full 4oz feed before pushing a poo out and falling to sleep at the side of daddy in my bed :D so i had a decent sleep for once, Elise didnt get up ultra early either and only just got up at 8:40am...which only means one thing...deedee's in a great mood today, hope nothing comes along to spoil that!

xx

Last edited:
She must be a good sucker to want size 3 already hun x glad you found out why she was grazing at night now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back