And then there were 2 :)

aww its crap when you have a bad night aint it hun! Fingers crossed your boys have a better night tonight! It was quite cool where i am last night so i managed to get some decent sleep with Elexis doing well...hope tonights the same! I think i am finally getting used to sleepless nights though, seem to be lasting longer come night time before my eyes go onto auto pilot :lol:

xx

Yeah i know what you mean i was well awake come midnight but thought i best go to sleep while i could x

Here's hoping i have a good night x had long day again x

20/06/2012 - Elliott born at 12:09 x

11/02/2011 - Leo born at 11:37 x

What a night...Lexi woke at 5pm yesterday tea and didnt go to sleep while after 9pm...she was so grouchy, crying out every 5-10 minutes, her face reddening as if she was trying to force a poo out, she must have took about 16oz of milk most of it probably just comfort feeding, i gave her cooled boiled water, infacol, massaged her back and belly, had her every which way i could, nothing helped...and then finally she fell to sleep! At 10 i decided to get some sleep before she woke for her last feed of the night, she did quite well and woke at 11:30 for a feed and was straight back down (thank God...i had visions of more crying and thrusting) she then woke at just after 2am for her next feed and then again at just after 4am...come 5:30am she was wanting another feed and wouldnt settle afterwards (sure she knew it was daylight outside and wanted to go downstairs lol) so we came down with OH when he got up for work...and finally...come 6:30am missy filled her nappy good and proper...so maybe she really did need to poo all that time...shes now contently pushing some z's out in her swing and i'm having a strong coffee to wake me up :lol:
Finally have some sunshine here today too :yay: it probably wont last and its not so warm either...i have literally just had to pop the heating on for a short while as i was freeeeeeezing :shock: Come on Summer...were all waiting very impatiently for you :lol:

x

We didnt do bad last night :D little miss had a feed at 9pm...at half 10 i went up to bed with her, expecting her to wake around 11 ish for her last feed of the night, but she didnt wake up while 1;05am so i managed to get a good nap in there, she next woke at 4:15am and she is currently still sleeping :) shes such a good baby, love her millions!

On another parenting note, my other daughter, Elise has started to get a right attitude on her, i ask her to do something and she bites my head off, she doesnt do as shes told and constantly tells me and her dad to shut up if we tell her off for something...so i asked her yesterday what her problem was, shes like jekyll and hyde, one minute so loving and well behaved and then the next minutes shes like a totally different child...so she tells me she is jealous of Lexi :( so i had a chat with her and told her there was no need to be jealous, that Lexi needs attention at the moment as she cant do things for her self like she can etc etc etc...she got the lip out and then proceeded with the ultimate guilt trip..."you love Lexi more than me...you dont love me any more" jeeze, they know how to pull at your heart strings, and at 5yrs old :shock: i am trying to be a good mum to both, but she has to understand that i cant just neglect Lexi to focus all my attention on her as theres not just her any more, i know it must be hard for her...i thought she was handling things well...seems not! This could be a long journey!

xx

Last edited:
Had OH's neice sleep over Wednesday night, she's 16 and has been nagging to stay for ages! Anyway, all she bloody did was pick Elexis up...at one point i fed her, got her to sleep in her swing then told OH's neice i was going to put the clean bedding on and that Lexi shouldnt wake for another hour or 2 yet so basically all she had to do was keep an eye on her! I went outside, unpegged the clean washing, came back in and there was OH's neice, Lexi on her lap been force fed a bloody bottle! She said she had woken up as soon as i left the room (which is bollocks...Lexi was sparko) then OH's neice was moaning saying "Ooh she's not taking much of this bottle" Hmmm that could be because 1. she's not long since been fed and 2. she hasnt actually woke for a bottle! I told her that i only take her out of the swing to feed her after mouthing for the bottle for a little while and whinging slightly as 9 times out of 10 she drifts back off! I think tbh having OH's neice stay over knocked Lexi out of sync sleep wise! She was awake again last night for a good 4 hours, whinging and crying out occasionally, her eyes heavy looking as if she was fighting sleep! I fed her at 9 and went up to bed at half past expecting to get a couple of hours sleep before she woke again...nope...10pm she was awake, i fed her, winded her and put her in her moses basket, but she began crying, but yet as soon as i picked her up she fell asleep in my arms...i was like this putting her in and getting her out for a good 45mins, OH came up to bed, i had got myself all upset, not knowing what to do, eyes heavy, feeling very tired, so he took over and got her to sleep in her moses basket! She then woke at 12:50am for a feed and luckily went straight back to sleep and then she next woke at 4:15am! Shes been a bit grouchy today too...i think tbh, she has some trapped wind also, she seems to be crying out a lot lately (although not every day) pulling her legs up to her tummy and going bright red in the face...then a few hours after giving her infacol, shes trumping like a good en :lol:
Just hope shes not whiney today as I have Elise's sports day this morning (her 1st one eeeek :) cant wait) gonna take lots of pics for OH as he couldnt get the day off! She has her winning head on already (i have told her its not the winning that matters its the taking part haha)

xx

Our Lexi seems to have a restless few hours at the same time every night, between 5pm and 9pm shes awake and whingy! She didnt wake for her last feed while 11pm last night after falling to sleep at 8pm. After that she was awake at 12:50am and went through 10oz feeding on and off until bloody 2:40am i was soooo tired! She then woke again for her next feed at 4:30am and started stirring again then at 5:30am so i just got up...fed her, put her in her swing and got my head down on the sofa, we woke at 7:30am so at least i got a couple of hours in!
At this very moment she is been a whingy little mite again, been awake now since her last feed and is not settling...she doesnt want her bottle or dummy...nappies been changed, shes been winded...so God knows why shes so miserable this morning...over tired maybe??!! who knows...hope she nods off sharpish finger crossed!
Elise has been a little gem today, i had an appintment for a loft insulation guy to come out between 8-12 and with Elexis not settling and me getting frustrated with the house been messy and not been able to do anything about it with trying to settle Elexis, Elise decided she would take matters into her own hands and tidied up for me...and may i say she has done a fantastic job :D might even let her do the vaccuming lol!

She also did fab at her sports day yesterday...it wasnt at all how it was when i was younger, there were like 4 events going off at the same time and after the whistle blew everyone rotated to the next event, there were no winners or losers etc, Elise enjoyed her self anyway and i told her how proud i was of her and that she did amazingly :) bless her! And Lexi slept through the whole thing :D yay!

xx

Sounds like your going to have a busy day hun x i am waiting for Elliott to wake up he slept fine for the best part of last night apart from being awake from half three till five x

Luckily just after i wrote the last post little miss fell asleep and is still going :yay: although i havent made use of the time tbh, still in PJ's house back to been a mess thanks to Elise and her colouring utensils haha! Gonna wait until OH gets up, then he can deal with the kids while i sort the house work (unless he offers to do the house work #keepdreaming) insulation guy came and the lofts already done woohoo :D so after the house works is done i can enjoy the rest of my Saturday and hope that Lexi wakes in a better mood :lol:

xx

Last night was neither good or bad i guess, i stayed up later last night and enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine with the OH so little miss was fed at 10:30pm i went to bed at 11:45 and little miss woke for her next feed at 12:10! The next time she woke was 2;05am and was feeding on and off until just after 3am *yawns* then she was up at 4:30am for a feed and then started stirring at 6am, so we came downstairs! She is currently sleeping after fighting sleep for over an hour! I was going to try get my head down for a nap once she had been fed downstairs this morning, but with her fannying around and taking ages to drop off i just became wide awake so downloaded some music instead :lol:
Elise was up early too...7am, but at least shes easy to deal with...cuppa, toast and kids tv and shes a happy bunny!

xx

Last edited:
Wow she seems to be getting random at night for you x

Hope she settles soon hun x you going put her on the hungry milk if she carries on x

So far i have manage to avoid it.

Tell me about it :( she started off so well as well haha! Maybe the trapped wind/constipation is wreaking havoc with her atm...who knows! Hope we get back into a decent routine soon because my sleepy eyes cant take much more lol!
Trying to avoid the hungry baby formula for now too, i did mention it to the midwife last time i saw her and she said to just keep her on what she is on and feed on demand and they will review her weight gain etc and decide what to do next time she's weighed.

xx

Well little miss has swapped been restless from tea time to first thing on a morning, shes been very whingy for 2 mornings on the trot now, shes been thrusting since 4:30am to no avail.
Sleep wise last night she didnt do too badly, she was fed at 9:30pm last night so i went t bed just after 10 to get some sleep before she woke for her next feed at between 10:30 - 11:30, but to my surprise she didnt wake until 1;05am :D down side to that, she stuck to her routine and woke again at 2:30am as she usually does, then again at 4:30am. We got up at 5:30am with OH, i fed her and got my head down on the settee once she was asleep, we then woke at 7am so we aint done too badly, i feel like ive had some sleep at least :) Just cant seem to settle her at the minute though, its like she is fighting sleep, she doesnt want a bottle, her nappy has been changed, shes been winded and shes still been a maungy pants! Hopefully when she is finally asleep, she may wake in a better mood, hope so because i have Elise's parents evening to go to this afternoon and the last thing i need in the classroom is the Lex-meister been a misery screaming the place down lol!

xx

Last edited:
Have you tried swaddling her x i have started doing it with Elliott to stop him hitting himself in his face with his arms seems to help settle him x

i just tried that earlier and she got really frustrated like she was trying to escape haha! She's had 2 poo's today so far and seems in a better mood now thank God!

xx

Had to rock Lexi to sleep last night, she was awake from 4pm until after 8, crying out occasionally and not letting us put her in her swing to self settle, dont know whether she was over tired, colicky, constipated or a mixture of all three, finally got her to sleep at 8:20pm and she didnt wake for her next feed while 11:10 (i was in bed at this point) she then woke at 2;05am, went straight back down, then woke at 4am for a feed, but constantly made whingy noises until 5am, so i stuck her in bed with us for the last hour and she was out like a light the lil monkey :) she slept right up until 7:45am then!
She's had a stint of crying half hour ago while she was trying to poo, its consistency is that of clay so it probably is hurting her to squeeze it out poor kid! been giving her aired water as directed to try and help her out so fingers crossed it starts working soon as i hate feeling so helpless!

xx

Last edited:
Well, it happened again last night, we had a very maungy little princess, crying out again from 5ish, had to rock her and finally got her settled at 7:30! She was bringing her legs up, going stiff etc. She had a feed at 10:30pm and didnt wake for another then until nearly 3am...she then woke at 4:30am for a feed and again after this feed was very restless, she then had a stint of crying this morning to the point where i had to hold her close and rock her to settle her. She has just this minute had a poo and it was mainly green :sick: so again not sure if its all linked altho she still seems whiney but could that be tiredness now after all the crying etc!! think i might call the health visitor later and see what she makes of it because when she was out to see us last time she asked what formula she was on and i told her and for some reason she said "if she shows any signs of colic give us a ring and we will discuss changing her formula" so dont know if she knows something i dont!

Elise has got the attitude from hell lately too, just because i couldnt hear what she was telling me yesterday she bit my head off and spoke to me like i was something on the bottom of her shoe! She wouldnt do as she was told when we got in and was generally just had a few mini diva strops, like she was 15 not 5! i'm sure its just her age maybe, that and a bit of jealousy possibly! Hope she snaps out of it soon though

xx

I looked into the green poo business and alot of babies are having the green colour its normal hun but up to you if you change her milk as i changed my first son.s a bit to see if he would drink more of another taste wise x

Ahh right, yeah seen a lot of threads etc with the "green poo" business haha! I aint changing her milk yet, i wanna speak to the HV first about it and see what she suggests first!

x

What a bloody day and night i've had! Elexis, screamed all day yesterday, she sounded like she was in so much pain, bringing her legs up or going stiff, red in the face, i just couldnt settle her, i was in tears myself as i just didnt know what to do! I rung the HV who said she would get my HV to call me once she got in from her home visits which would be after 4...didnt get sod all back from em ffs! I text mum and asked her to get me some colief, i needed to try something as it was relentless, there was no let up and i was drained! Mum came to the rescue and after giving her the colief drops in her next feed we didnt get any screaming, and fingers crossed still havent! Shes been a bit restless but at least the crying has stopped! I couldnt even begin to tell you her sleeping pattern last night, she woke at 10:30 for a feed and went back down straight away, then she woke at 1:30am and then after that feed she just seemed to want feeding on and off, so she would lay in her moses basket asleep for ten minutes, then start with the whinging, i'd get her out, she'd take an ounce, put her back, another ten minute sleep stint and so on...so again, due to lack of sleep i just sat on the edge of the bed this morning and cried, i was shattered! Gonna get my head down every time missus does today, need to catch up on some sleep otherwise i'll be like a walking zombie! Fingers crossed for a better day!

x

Bloody hell...head down every time missus naps...ha yeah, all right! She didnt fall to sleep until after 10:30am yesterday and only had an hour, she just seemed to wanna stay awake and feed! I think i got an hours sleep along with her yesterday afternoon! She had some more crying episodes too (not half as bad as wednesday though) seemed to get worse around 6-7ish, she just wouldnt settle! In the end OH could see i was stressing, not been able to settle her so he took over and managed to get her off!
Bedtime came around, she had a feed at 10:30pm and next woke at midnight, then it was 1:30am and then i kinda lost track as she was in and out of her moses basket like a yoyo, went through her wanting to feed constantly phase, whining everytime i put her in her moses basket! So come 5:30am we got up with OH and she only just went back to sleep at 6:45am after been sick and taking what seemed like an eternity to get her settled! Phew...this is hard work lately! I am absolutely shattered, feel like i have constant hangover :(

Its Elises last day at school today before the summer holidays, shes very excited to say the least! Shes met next terms new teacher and she likes her :thumbup: need to get some little outings planned for my girls, might wake me up a bit and tire Elexis out a little (well tire em both out really lol) Lets just hope we finally get our summer so i can do some stuff with em!

xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back