Anaemia and palpitations?

Froslass

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this before?

I've always had problems with my iron levels, long before I got pregnant.

After I had LO my iron levels were very very low. Iron tablets don't work, they run rut through me, which is odd as they're meant to do the opposite!

Now, I think I'm getting palpitations after I eat as a direct result of this! Does anyone have any tips on how to get this to stop. GP says there not a lot they can do!

I am going through this at the moment Hun. I also hear my own heartbeat all the time along with feeling dizzy and always tired. I was given a blood transfusion last week along with an iron infusion I find out monday if they have worked. Keep on to your doctor if your iron is very low and tablets are not working (they dont work for me either.) There are a few things they can do like iron injections or more extreme iron infusion or last resort blood transfusion xxx

Thanks Hun x I had a blood transfusion in October, my haemoglobin was below 5, can't remember the actual number x

You poor thing have they given you any reason why your so low? Mine was around the 5 Mark 2 and my ferritin levels were all but gone. You must feel awful i hope you get to the bottom of it soon x

I lost 2 and half litres of blood during my section x plus I was already anaemic beforehand x

I'm going to see the out of hours GP today because I'm feeling really sick and dizzy now x

My iron level was 5.6 during my twin pregnancy, I ended up having a transfusion of 2 pints at 36 weeks. But the funny thing was that I had no symptoms whatsoever. They kept asking if I felt tired or dizzy or had any palpitations and I can honestly say that I didn't.
I hope you get sorted soon x

I've just been sick! But I think it's because I've got a uti. My dads coming to get me to take me to the doctors. Hopefully I'll get sorted there x

Ok now I don't know what's wrong with me :( went to docs and urine had a lot of blood and whit eblood cells. I'd been sick a lot so she gave me anti sickness stuff...

Bt since I've come home my heart has been hammering and I've been vomiting and diarrhoea non stop.

Could this be a serious infection? I'm tempted to call NHS 24. My mums taking LO in case it's a bug...

Bt I'm worried, because I don't feel sick but keep randomly vomiting :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back