Palpitations

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Hi girls

Just wondering if anyone else has been getting palpitations??
I've only experienced them in the weeks before my wedding, never before or since, but I've started feeling them again. I had them last week and again today.

I know they are quite common during pregnancy, but it doesn't stop them being scary.
Just wondering if anyone else has been getting them? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Had this once last week, but just thought it cos I was stressing out. They didn't last long, just a couple of quick hard thuds.

If yours continue you should defo call ur mw just to be safe. When are you due your next appt? Xx

I had these a few weeks back. I had read they were quite common in pregnancy so just took some deep breaths. My midwife said not to worry but keep an eye out for a shortness of breath and dizziness, if you get these plus palpitations you should get it checked out xxx

Thanks girls.
I've had shortness of breath since the beginning of my pregnancy, but it didn't accompany the palpitations.

FirstBabyEek - I don't have another appt til 1st March. I might mention it then! X

Yeah I have been suffering with this, and shortness of breath, so am booking a doctors appointment in the morning just to put mine and OH minds at rest, fingers crossed its nothing serious, rather get it checked though!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Will u let me know what ur doc says about it pls? X

I think of they continue Jayjay you should make an earlier appt, even if they say it's fine it's better to have it checked out xx

Yeah I think if they keep going I might do that! X

Yeah I will, I'll be straight back on! I've been randomly getting nosebleeds as well, so I think its about time I had a check up, I'll let you know later x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I have had a few when I'm just lying down so not sure why they come on. Suddenly feels like your heart is gonna jump out of your cheat doesn't it?! At my 16 wk check the midwife said if they become regular or more often then it needs to be checked out but a few palpitations every now & then is normal. Also, breathlessness is only gonna get worse. Nooooo! X

I get a pounding heart all the time. Not sure if that is palpitations? It's coz your body has more blood in it at the moment so your heart is working alot harder than normal, not sure if it is the same for palpitations though? Sorry no help me lol

Hope you're ok though xxx

I have not had any palpitations hun but if it becomes frequent I would speak to the doctor to confirm....

I have been short of breath once in a while though!

x

I have had a few when I'm just lying down so not sure why they come on. Suddenly feels like your heart is gonna jump out of your cheat doesn't it?! At my 16 wk check the midwife said if they become regular or more often then it needs to be checked out but a few palpitations every now & then is normal. Also, breathlessness is only gonna get worse. Nooooo! X

I've found myself really breathless the last couple of days, but I can't tell if it's pregnancy related or asthma related!! Going to try a new pregnancy yoga class tomorrow, and try to go swimming every few days to help with the fitness and breathing side of things!

Yeah I didn't know whether the breathlessness was something to do with my asthma but midwife said pregnancy can make your asthma worse but a lot of people get breathless so doubted that was anything to do with it :/ x

I went this morning and he checked my blood pressure, pulse, lungs and chest and all was ok, just said it was part of Pregnancy unfortunately. Pulse was a bit quick, but nothing to worry about, he said it was best to get checked though, so I would book an appointment anyway, just to put your mind at rest x

Thanks very much!
I'll give them a ring tomorrow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27