Amnio today......updated

Tracey S

Reaction score
I have just got back from hospital after having an amnio. The consultant felt that due to my age and history that I shouldnt have the blood tests but have the amnio straight away.

It was a bit painful but nothing I couldnt handle, but the good thing was he had another look for us and he said that he thought the baby was a boy :D (he wasn't co operating on Friday when we had the scan) So we have got wait till Weds and we should have the results and hopefully we can relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy and my wedding which is in 3 weeks :shock:

***UPDATE***

Just had a phone call from the hosptial and they have got my first set of results and they are all clear for Downs, Edwards and Turners. :D We are so relieved especially after what happened last year when we lost Heidi to Edwards Syndrome. I know people are happy to get test results back but this means absolutely everything to us.

We can enjoy our wedding now. I am soooo happy :D

Tracey xx

Tracey

Good luck hun, im sure everything will be fine, but at least you'll know for sure.

Just out of interest i thought they could tell the sex of baby from an amnio?

Yeah they can tell the result from the amnio and its 100%, but the doc doing the amnio looked on the scan, but as I am only 16 weeks they werent sure whether they would be able to see it, we will know for sure on Wednesday :)

Tracey

Aw Tracey I'm glad to hear that things seem okay for now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything is a-okay! :D

AMETHYST

Aww glad it went ok for you, and an extra little treat on top too! Welcome to Team Blue! x

Glad the amnio went well, make sure you take things easy for the next day or so.

Hope everything is well with the results :hug:

Glad all went okay today! The discomfort will be worth it when you find out all is absolutely fine with LO!

Good luck for the results hun, I'm sure everything is perfect :hug: xx

ah wow thats fantastic news hun so pleased for you now you can concentrate on your wedding!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thats great news about the results. glad you found out you're team blue too

Congratulations on your Team Blue!! Glad it all went ok and you got the all clear results! x

aw im so glad everythings alright for ya hun, yayyy wedding, how lovely to know little ones in there doing just fine for the big day !!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: congratulations hun.... Heidi was obviously looking after lil bro... :hug: :hug: :hug: have a lovely wedding too... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back