Amber Necklace recall??

l_maclean

Reaction score
Dino Daisy has just posted about having to recall due to a tradin standards thing.

we didnt get ours from there as she'd already stopped selling them, but her post sounds like all uk traders are going to have to recall.

a lot of folk on fb have said they wont be sending them back to her.

Just wondering what peoples views are - is there a genuine risk or is it health and safety gone mad. xxx

I always thought putting something around babies neck is strange and id rather not have to do with that responsibility iykwim? I'll be keeping my anklet tho

We have both, but the anklet is huge!!

I'm kinda torn, cos the info on dino daisy makes it sound like its politics type stuff rather than a real danger.

I ordered one and it came with a few of the beads smashed and rolling around in the bottom of the envelope. Makes me think if it can do that imagine if it got into baby's mouth!

I've just returned mine for repair this week as it was coming undone, i want it back though so not sure i will get it now!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I bought Samira's anklet at Amber Pumpkin, they have a notice on their website saying that due to the trading standards alert they are not seeling any necklaces and anklets at the moment until the matter has been further investigated, but are not recalling any items either. Pity, really, I think I would have taken the opportunity to send the anklet back and get a refund, it's too big for Samira and keeps falling off, and if I put it underneath her tights or socks it leaves indentations, which looks really uncomfortable.

Doc had a go at me at the 8week check today cos G had her necklace on. :(

I bought Samira's anklet at Amber Pumpkin, they have a notice on their website saying that due to the trading standards alert they are not seeling any necklaces and anklets at the moment until the matter has been further investigated, but are not recalling any items either. Pity, really, I think I would have taken the opportunity to send the anklet back and get a refund, it's too big for Samira and keeps falling off, and if I put it underneath her tights or socks it leaves indentations, which looks really uncomfortable.

Charlie's too, and I got mine from there x

I got rheas from amber pumpkin too . Necklaces aren't supposed to b used till 4 mths not sure why though !!! Rhea lost her anklet so put her necklace on. Never had a problem with Kian's he still wears it now and has all his teeth xxx
I wont return ours xxx

Doc had a go at me at the 8week check today cos G had her necklace on. :(

What did the doc say?

He made me take it off at the appointment. Had a rant about not having things around necks, then went on about how on earth does amber help with teething anyway! Then said to student nurse that maybe this was something the health visitors should be aware of!!

Oh dear I was offered a refund or replacement and chose a replacement I'm having second thoughts now. Maybe I'll wear it myself as a bracelet on my carpal tunnel hand I'm quite intrigued to be honest.

From what I've read the main reason for the recall is euro health and safety stuff, which Im tempted to take with a pinch of salt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back