Am i preg.. or did I msc????

Robyn_mcl

Reaction score
Im so confused..... basically what happened was i took 3 cheap stick hpt the week before last and all said i was not pregnant, but i knew i felt different, after the weeekend, on the monday my husband bought me a clear blue, which was positive really quickly. then on friday i started getting brown spotting, i scrambled for the other test and took another clear blue which also came up pregnant! and then on Saturday morning i experienced what seemed like a normal period on saturday, so went to A&E....
the doctor there told me its likely the egg did not implant so have lost it, and gave me a number to call the early pregnancy clinic! got a hold of them today and have an appointment on friday for a check up and scan. I presume they'll take blood test to check hcg levels, but i think it may be too early for a scan.... as my last period started 29 oct... which would only put me at +-4 wks.... I know i probably have msc as he doctor said but there's a small part of me that doesn't want to believe it.... but if i did i will carry on trying and this will only make more me determined!!
Has anyone else had any strange experiences like this??

x

Hi Robyn,
Last month that happened to me, I was getting negative after negative and I was convinced I was pregnant. Eventually I got 3 positives then a couple of days later I got a negative then the next day I had really dark brown spotting all day (the day after my period would have been due), then heavy bleeding like a period for a couple of days. That stopped for a day then started again for a couple more then it just stopped and nothing more. My doctor said it was most likely a chemical pregnancy as I would only have been 4-5 weeks.
Fingers crossed you're ok, and stay positive. What happened last month has made me and my OH really determined to have a baby.
Good luck :hugs:
:dust:
Sarah x

Last edited:
didn't want to read and run hun

fx for you, will be thinking of you on friday

clara x

well i couldn't wait until friday and caved in... took a test this morning and it was negative so think i had a chemical pregnancy too... Its just going to make us more determined now too!!
does anyone know how soon after ovulating a test can be done? and what tests are the best?? to use that early? xx

I never test before AF is due, chemical pregnancies tend to occur around the 4 week mark (usually just a few days after you get your BFP)

By testing too early you can just set yoursef up for a fall...

xxxxxxxxx

Totally true, I learnt that last month but this month I still couldn't resist an early test... it's a horribly fine line and it's hard not to cross. I need to learn some patience!

Good luck with ttc robyn :) :dust:

x

Totally true, I learnt that last month but this month I still couldn't resist an early test... it's a horribly fine line and it's hard not to cross. I need to learn some patience!

Good luck with ttc robyn :) :dust:

x

I test day AF is due but as I have had 2 early miscarriages in future I'll wait until I am two weeks late before testing.

(although I am testing in Jan on day AF is due as I am seeing recurrent miscarriage clinic two days after so if I am preggers hopefully they can help?)

Last edited:
Oh, good luck with that Carnat. I hope you get some answers and can figure everything out. Fingers very much crossed for you :)

I think after this month I'll have to learn to just wait it out, otherwise it's just self torture if anything isn't right.

Robyn, I agree with Carnat, prob best to wait until day af is due then its more likely to be definate hun. Sorry about what's happened to you :hugs:

Sarah Oooo Good luck hun :) fx'd for you x x

Here is a little bit of info about chemical pregnancies.

http://miscarriage.about.com/od/onetimemiscarriages/p/chemicalpreg.htm

I never test before AF is due, chemical pregnancies tend to occur around the 4 week mark (usually just a few days after you get your BFP)

By testing too early you can just set yoursef up for a fall...

xxxxxxxxx

Thanks CARNAT! thats true, but I worry that i did something to cause the chemical pregnancy, so in the back of my mind theres a part of me thinking the earlier i find out the more carerfull i can be... with what i eat drink etc. I know i should just practice being healthy while ttc, but given the season its quite difficult lol. But you guys are all right......i should just wait till af is due then test.... speaking of which, il have to wait until i have a normal period before gettng my hopes up for trying again i guess? xx

Last edited:
Good Luck to all you girls ttc!!! fingers x'd for you all!! and thanks so much for the support, i feel so much more comfortable talking to you guys than some of my own friends - none of them are in serious relationships and babies are the furtherest things from their minds!!! x

I conceived two months in a row but they were both early miscarriages which is why I am inclined to advise you wait for at least one normal cycle.

I wish I had...

Maybe just enjoy crimbo and then get cracking with TTC?

xxxxxxxx

Thanks CARTNAT, im so sorry for your loss!! Fingers x'd for you it happens soon!! I think that's what im going to do! I haven't had a normal period yet,(just bled for roughly 2 days on the day we lost bean) so will wait until i have had that (whenever that may be). Then will start trying - probably will be January!! Hopefully will get a BFP then!! xx

Good luck robyn, fingers crossed for you in 2012!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back