Am I doing too much?

TaffyRose

Reaction score
I am the type of person who runs around at a million mph, whether it's work or seeing friends and family or walking with the dogs. The problem I'm finding is I'm struggling to slow down and I'm worried I'm going to hurt me or the baby. Me and my OH run our own business and he's been away in Europe this week so I've been holding the fort. That has meant late nights and very early mornings talking to China about orders, etc. Plus I've been sorting out the house and walking the dogs, etc. I feel like I could now just sit and cry I'm exhausted, my body is telling me to slow down but I'm struggling to.

I think because I haven't been ill at all during the pregnancy and haven't got a huge bump I feel like I can just carry on as normal. My baby is the most important thing in my life hands down and I know I need to slow down. I just wondered if anyone else is struggling with this and maybe recommend some relaxation techniques? xxx

Last edited:
I'm the same hun, i'm also a git bag if something needs doing and i shouldnt do it and i ask OH and its still not done the next day i do it myself, for instance when the fridge freezer broke, mum said the back might need vacuuming if there was fluff in the motor etc so rather than waiting for OH to get home i dragged the fridge freezer out of the pantry myself to vac it! to be honest the only time i slow down and relax is when i get 'bump ache' as i call it, i really need to chill also but its hard to...need a sit down hobby lol!!

xx

I've been the same. I tried a weekend of serious house work last weekend with de-cluttering all planned but ended up in tears with the back pain and frustration of not being capable anymore. Keep apologising to hubby for being useless but he's says not to worry - but doesn't actually volunteer to do all the things needing done!! He still has to be asked and I feel like I'm nagging. It's all so damn frustrating, and believe me with these bloody hormones raging round my system I certainly don't need an excuse to cry!!
It's just something I'm sure we'll slowly get our head round and we need to practise saying 'no' to people and situations that demand our energy and time.

K80 thats so true, i'm getting really frustrated about moving house this weekend as i wanna muck in and get stuff shifted and help with the heavy lifting etc but i cant, all i can do is watch and direct which is going to do my head in!! xx

So glad I'm not the only one. I actually made a list of what all I want/need to do this week including cleaning out all kitchen cupboards, cleaning inside windows (we have window cleaner for outside), cleaning down all the doors inside and outside house. So far the kitchen cupboards have got done. Was on a course yesterday and then went to help out at the desk of my part time job (Spinning class studio) last night so nothing got done at all. Today I need to go food shopping, do ironing and I start work at 1pm until 10.30pm. Looks like I'm gonna spend my weekend doing what all I want to do. I just wish I wasn't so flippin fussy with house cleaning stuff!!!

I am the same, not with work so much, but with the house. I have it in my head that everything has to be done now and OH is the 'tomorrow will do' sort of person which can be very frustrating. At the weekend I decided to clear out the conservatory (used as a shed really!!) It took me just over four hours lifting and shifting and bending and stretching. I knew I shouldn't be doing it but I got into a sort of tunnel vision - anyway I had nearly finished and all of a sudden I just lost my breath. I couldn't breath and ended up on my hands and knees! It was really scary although it only lasted a little while. It was my body telling me I had done too much I think, so now I have scared myself into taking it easy. But on the plus side I have scared my OH in doing things when I ask him! xx

I'm guilty of this too :(
I spent the other day shifting furniture and vigorously cleaning. It took about 2 hours total because I just couldn't stop once I had started. I was even down on my hands and knees with a bucket attacking my skirting boards.
When I was done I wanted to cry, I felt THAT exhausted. And later on my legs were in agony. My hubby gave me a leg massage and it was great but I felt like such an OAP, needing a massage after a couple of hours housework. :(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yep, I'm the same.... having said that in Tri 1 I was no use to anybody, my home was the messiest place on earth, not dirty as Hubby vaccuumed, moped and did the bathrooms but still messy. In Tri 2 I have had so much more energy and Hubby calls me 'the woman posessed' :shock:.... I was such a busy body before getting pregnant and couldn't sit still.... Only thing is when I do stop for a second after a manic cleaning session I feel like I have copeated in a 10 hour sparing session! xx

I think my body is starting to give up too - I want to be able to do everything but the last two days at work I have been SUPER shattered. The kind where if someone asks you to do one more extra thing you are just gonna collapse.

On top of that house needs doing, I volunteer at Scouts, I'm still trying to exercise a little and I want to be sociable too. Last two days felt I could just do with a good ol' cry and a HUGE sleep - but am too busy for both of those things. C'est la vie, I'll sleep when I'm dead :)

I'm glad I'm not alone :) I agree I don't want to admit I need to take it easy and I don't want to nag my OH to do things, but if I don't I have to do it. My OH did say he is guilty of letting me do too much as I'm not big and haven't been ill so a few times he's kind of forgotten I was pregnant. He has now said though I need to start taking it a bit easy as I'm 6 months. I've just had a 2 hour nap after being up at 4am so feel a bit more myself. I just feel like with him being away I don't want to let him down in work and want him to come back to everything done, but to be honest even if I wasn't pregnant it would be a struggle this week, it's typical everything's hit at once.

My OH has said he's booked a nice hotel for Friday night and booked me some pregnancy friendly spa treatments so at least I get to have a lovely pampering at the end of the week :) xxx

Awwww bless him thats so sweet!! Enjoy your pamer session x

Aw TaffyRose that is so lovely!! I want ur OH to have a word with mine lol.
Go Mr Taffy!! Lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ah thanks girls. He can be a right git at times, but can pull it out the bag. I was very touched when he said he'd checked to make sure the spa caters for pregnant ladies, they do a special massage where they rub your tummy, I can't wait :) xxx

What a lovely weekend to look forward to!!! Enjoy!!!

Now for a wee investigation into spa treatments available for pregnant women in my area- you've put me in the mood for a treat!! Xx

I'm just the same! I race around from 6am, rush about at work all day, then more of the same when i'm at home. It's only when my pelvis is killing me and I can't breathe properly that I realise i've probably overdone it, but it's a bit late by then!

I have started have dizzy spells over the last couple of weeks. I spoke to my midwife who basically said i'm overdoing things, but i'm not sure how to not do what I do if that makes sense??

Enjoy your weekend Taffyrose, it sounds amazing! I've got the two weeks over easter off of work so I might well do something similar! If I can find the time... :)

You girls should definitely book something up. I'm always making sure everyone else is ok and looked after and forget about myself. We need to make sure we try and chill (although I'm a nightmare for actually doing this) and think about ourselves :) xxx

i have zero chance of chilling for the next week :shock: house move this weekend then cleaning down the old house ready for new tenants wowzer, all i have done today is stand about doin a bit of cleaning in the new house and watching the carpet fitter do my floors and my back n legs are aching lol...i'll start winding down when both houses are sorted, deffo gonna find some time for me and maybe have a pamper day :)

Hope you enjoy your weekend Taffy, sounds like your OH has got the right idea :) xx

My OH has said he's booked a nice hotel for Friday night and booked me some pregnancy friendly spa treatments so at least I get to have a lovely pampering at the end of the week :) xxx

That's so sweet of him :) Hopefully you will make the most of your relaxing weekend. I know it has nothing to do with birth but have you bought the natal therapy CD yet, they cover a lot on relaxtion. This might help you now and for later. xx

omg im sooo exhausted, ive worked soo much this week and it feels liek the weeek has dragged.
Im sure my body is going to give up soon and i have work again tomorrow, was gonna throw a sickie but my flat being decorated so best im out, just got all that mess to come home too aswell x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back