Am I a weirdo??? Take your time answering girls lol

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
So I've already bought two little dresses, a coat and some pink vests. I'm not pregnant and even if i was (even with the girl planning and diet) I would be very likely to have a boy.
The only people who know about my secret baby girl drawer are my best friend and my sister, they are quite disturbed by it but know that's just me lol
Sooo I'm in asda with oh and see the most gorgeous little t shirt, pink and sparkly. I pick it up and look at it, oh shouts Oi put it down you weirdo! I'm thinking, imagine if he saw the drawer lol
I haven't told anyone else, suppose I'm embarrassed, so it must be weird?
Am I? (I will not be offended, promise)

Nope, I have a baby Boy bag :)

Includes snowsuit and sleeping bag :) OH knows all about it.

Lxx

Last edited:
no - you're so keen to get a girl it's not surprising

i''ve wanted to buy things, but kept back from it so far (but then I am so tight I don't buy most things I want anyway)

Aww bless.. I wish I had a secret draw now :(

I don't think your weird at all chick, I think your just staying hopefull :)

p.s Did you buy it in the end lol? x

*sighs with relief* I'm so glad it's not just me.
Oh definitely would not understand :( xxx

Aww bless.. I wish I had a secret draw now :(

I don't think your weird at all chick, I think your just staying hopefull :)

p.s Did you buy it in the end lol? x

No, he made me question my mental well being (very briefly lol) xx

No Cosmic, i don't think so.

You are ttc which isn't a happy place most of the time and you have 4 lads running around and then there is hubby too...

Allowing yourself to prepare for that little girl you want so badly is probably going to give you so much happiness and it might be as close as you ever get. You've got to make the most of it.

You can deal with it later if it isn't a little girl :)

No not at all Hun I've bought three different baby journals, I have no idea why I've also got a bib from everywhere I've traveled to in the last six years. OH thinks I'm weird but I don't care. It kills me not to buy clothes etc but I know I'd end up with 100 newborn baby grows lol

Xxxxxx

Thanks everyone, I really wasn't expecting those responses. My sister thinks I'm heading for a fall but I will now tell them to zip it lol xx

I think it's perfectly understandable! It's kind of like visualisation really! When I was on a diet and exercise program a while ago I had fit women as desktop image, screensaver, read loads of fitness stuff online, watched movies about fit people :p It all helped keep me going, and I can imagine this is a bit the same for you! It helps keep the motivation high and make you focus on your goal (and is a result of you focusing on your goal).

I actually managed to make oh buy one piece of baby clothing WITH me when we were on holiday in his home country this Christmas, so that IF I was pregnant we had already bought something, and if not the first thing we bought for our little one we bought there. It's hididng in my closet now. OH didn't exactly enjoy doing it :p But he did! It's honestly not that pretty, there was very little unisex clothing to choose from, but it's tiny, and it's the first thing we bought and we got it in a country far far away lol :p so no, I don't think you are weird.

I don't think it's weird at all. I do the same thing, onlly i have a bag of boys clothes and another bag of girls things. If i see a bargain, i get it xx

If you are I am.. It wasn't long ago I knitted a little Pink hooded cardi/jacket, its tucked away in the wardrobe.. dunno why :)

I dont think you are wierd at all hun, I have a little baby drawer and a baby file (im a proper geek) but hubbie does know about it all!! Nearly bought the carrycot for the pram we want as it was on offer but I did stop there!! Lol!
xxxx

No you are not..you're an optimist and even if you don't concieve a girl first time..Im sure you will use them someday..

..Ive ebayed some boys sleepsuits, and if #3 don't get to don them, Im sure someday I will use them..girls stuff are so much nicer tho xx

Last edited:
Phew I'm the same!! But mine isn't a little draw!! I've got a full massive box of various clothes!!! I could very easily clothe a baby for weeks with what I've got!!
I'm a nanny for a very wealthy family. The baby ( now 3) gets sooooo many clothes for birthdays and xmas' it's ridiculas. Anyway I got told to sort her wardrobe and throw away what she's grown out of.
I aware 98% of it was new with tags on or been worn once!! So I asked if I could keep it to give to my sister!! But she had a boy so I kept it!!!!
It's all designer too like dkny denim dresses and Dior outfits etc!!

But I think I have to own up to buying maternity clothes last week as they we're in the sale!!
I'm not even pregnant yet!!! Just hope it happens soon!!
I'm dying to get all these clothes out!
P.s OH has seen my stash and he freaked out until I told him why I had it all!!

Phew feel better now I've got that off my chest!!
It's like therapy here!! Lol xxx

So glad I'm not the only one, I sooo thought I would be xx

:) I just remembered that I started crocheting a baby blanket over a year ago, when we were still planning to wait to to for another 2 years! :p

My sister in law has a big box of baby clothes too, and she doesn't have a boyfriend or anything. She basically collects stuff she finds, and then some of her friends know about this and will give stuff to her aswell if they found lost stuff. She showed it to me when I was visiting this easter. She doesn't want to have kids for a long time yet, but likes collecting it. She even takes it out to wash it every now and then to keep it in good condition, and she's touched up some prints with textile markers and stuff. She told me that if I get pregnant before any of her close friends I have a big gift waiting :p

So yeah, not weird!

oh, I also keep looking at this baby jacket and shoe knitting kit at john lewis, but I've managed to not buy it! I HAVE bought a patternmakind book for babies clothes though, and am hoping to start making some over the summer :)

I have a few bits that my parents gave me cos my nephew had grown out of them all. I don't really like having them in the house though; I dunno why! And TBH my nephew's style is not what I would dress my son in either lol

Last edited:
no hun your not a weirdo, I have baby grow's, cardigans, toys, dresses & snow suits upstairs waiting, if I see something I like in the sale and Doodles doesn't need anything I pick it up x x

not weird at all hunny, ive been so tempted to buy cute things in the sales and were not pregnant yet just in case you know :) lol dont wanna miss a bargain :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back