Alcohol and TTC...

jodied

Reaction score
Just wondered everyone's views on drinking a little bit of alcohol whilst TTC. I enjoy the odd glass of wine or two. If I do get my BFP then I plan to stop completely but just wondered if I can keep having a bit whilst we are TTC - don't mind giving up if I know I have a baby whereas don't really want to miss out on the odd glass of wine to chill out with if there isn't a baby but then again don't want to make it harder to have a baby.... confused?! Jodie x

i was told that you was able to have one unit a week if your preggers?

not to sure about ttc though as i know i was getting rat arsed just before i caught with codie :-S

That makes me a feel a bit better LouLou - I think I might just cut down but have the odd glass if I fancy it as I figure it's better to be chilled out as more likely to get pregnant then! x

yea exactly i dnt see the halm, with codie i used to have one pint a beer everynow and again and shes healty happy six year old :)

Hmmm, i always wonder whether to answer these posts or not because i take this nutrition thing really seriously and tend to bum people out :oooo:

Anyway... my opinion?

No alcohol.

If you can't go for just a couple of weeks from ovulation until testing without - you might want to think about that haha :)

If you really can't live without some booze, then i suppose keeping it to a minimum is ok but if you have any issues conceiving it should definately be the first thing to go.

Do some research. Your average women who isn't ttc shouldn't be drinking more than 14 units per week = 2 units per day = 175ml glass of wine per day.

Hi Louise - thanks for that x I asked for the input so can't exactly complain when people give it x

Hi = I have the same feelings as LouiseB, so I wont repeat.... What I will say is that if you are needing a drink to relax maybe think of other alternatives some sort of exercise or hypnotherapy??? This is a stressful situation that we are going through hey. Im just trying to think of alternatives as I know that I will try my best to conceive and dont want to put anything in my body that could possibly harm my chances or an unborn.....and I will be honest with you, I dont drink because I drank too much not because I am puritantical or anything, so I am in no position to judge whether you do or do not, I just think that where it comes to something like this its so important to us isnt it. Good luck hun xxx

I kind of agree with LouiseB but I wouldn't say NO achahol whilst TTC.

Although as soon as we get our BFP our body is all for our babies I think our body is still 'our' body whilst we're 'trying' so I don't see the harm in a glass or two! (just my opinion).

Having said that i'm 'almost' a tee totaler and have been all my adult life (i'm extremely fussy about any kind of drink - even soft drinks) so I only have the odd glass at christmas or a wedding etc and even then if I can get away with it i'll stick with apple juice lol.

I say it's our body and until we know for defo we're cooking a bubba we can 'treat' ourselves to things we can't have once we're pregnant! :)

Just my opinion though and each to their own I say! :)

xxx

Thanks ladies - really helpful comments. I think I'm going to adopt LouiseB's comments & combine them with Clairebear's - I hadn't really thought through the fact that it is only from ovulation until testing day so my plan is no alcohol at all during that time and maybe just a glass of wine when AF is here (as no risk then as you know no baby!) x

While I was ttc I decided no alcohol and to cut down on caffine. I did get very drunk new years eve though but wasn't pregnant at the time and knew I wasn't due to af just finishing and I also had 2 glasses of wine the night before I got my bfp. No one knew we were trying so didn't know how to say no but everything was fine and little mans fine! The odd glass is ok to have but I haven't touched a drop since I got my bfp!!

when i drink i like to get pi$$ed so therefore when i was preg i didnt have any altho.... i did get v drunk lots on holidays when didnt know i was preg altho i may have only been a week or so and the doc told me that until the placenta is formed which isnt that early the baby doesnt get anything of what ur getting?? im not sure how alcohol affects ur fertility rate but i reckon an odd glass of wine or two will do no harm and i think the opposite it may encourage you to relax which may give you a better chance of getting preg :D xx

I don't normally drink anyways, so thats not really an issue.
Although of I fancy a cold beer on a hot day and I'm TTC then I don't see the problem! But I don't drink to get drunk these days - done that far too much when I was younger and don't really enjoy being drunk now!

Nicely put ClaireBear. My sister in law was pretty drunk at my wedding and was on flight home when she realised that she was pregnant they werent actively trying actually not trying at all. That happened with her first as well and her first child is a poppett so there wasnt any adverse affects. Obviously there is moderation in everything which I think you are talking about hey Jodied but she has great lovely problem free kids (well as much as kids can be problem free but you know what i mean :->)

I hardly drink, not becuase i have decided to, i just tend to drink when i really fancy one! ie. pimms or some chilled beer on a really hot day. so i am not worrying about drinkin while ttc, as i have prob had 1 drink in the last 3 months! so i know i dont drink anywhere near to excess!

I dont think your wine would be a problem, you are having it in moderation, so i wouldnt go giving it up, but maybe like the other posters said, between ovulation and testing, cut it out then? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back