ahhhh not happy :(

elisesmum

Reaction score
Im sorry for yet another moaning post but just need to vent before i actually scream and cry hysterically and wake my lg up.... I decided it would be a good idea to have a change and go back to being a red head yesterday, so finally decided on xxl live put it on, my hair was darkish blonde so it should of gone right but no it came out a weird pinky colour then noticed my hair felt abit funny and was sticking together so dried my hair and the ends wouldnt dry properly then when i did it was so brittle and then when i touched it, it just broke in huge clumps then i notice my hair was just coming out in clumps too evertime i brushed it or put my fingers through it now i have a bald patch at the back of my head and is going to get bigger because the hair aroubd it is just so weak even a professional cant repair my hair well unless i shave it my hair was short anyway ( just past ear length) and im gutted i love my hair and i have done so much to it but never used something that has left my hair beyond repair, i wasnt even bothered about the colour that i could live with because i could put a wash in dye over it until it was ok to dye it again but no them horible people had to make a dye that ruins hair... Even the hairdresser said dont use it as it ruins your hair unfortunatly this was after the damage had been already done :( sorry for the long rant but im very hormonal today xx

Poor you, go out and get some Redken Extreme Cat and use it between your shampoo and conditioner every day or every other day. It's miracle stuff and will strengthen your hair back up and make it grow quicker. It's about £16 a bottle but lasts ages and really really works!! My hair was a mess after 2 full head bleaches in a week and it brought it back to life. And stay away from the xxl in future! It's a bugger to get out of the hair! Xx

Aw sweetheart :hugs: that stuff Mrs Stuart recommends sounds perfect.

Hope you get it sorted soon xxx

Oh no! What a nightmare :( I use the XXL hair dye all the time! But it is in black, so I'm guessing that can't really go wrong..

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon lovely! xx

Mrsstuart where can i get that stuff from please, i will try anything right now so my hair doesnt have to get the shave, i usually use aussie reconstructor to repair my hair after lightening and dyes but for once that hasnt even that hasnt made it slightly better xx

Thanks essjaypea definitly going to give a go to what mrsstuart said xx

Last edited:
Google the Redken website and you will find a salon locator, it will give you a list of salons in your area. Xx

Thanks leah well i have used one of there before but it was the salon version of there product but according to the hairdresser this has something in it which lightens the hair as it dyes so it goes vibrant red xx

Don't use XXL live, it's shit. Lol.
It's basically a high lift tint, like a step down from bleach....

So what it does is, when you pop it on, even if it's reds/purple, it will lift the hair as much as it can, while depositing the purple/red pigment also...

Which is why your hair turned a pinky colour, because your hair being blonde, wouldnt have needed to be lightened anymore before putting a red on, which is basically what the XXL live did. It lifted your blonde, and deposited the red tone, - think of paint - white and red make pink....

Stick to ordinary box colours, if need be, or find a cheap mobile hairdresser to do it if cost is a problem fo the salon! Or ask me lol xxx

omg i cant believe this happened although like sarah said red and blonde would make pink....
Ive always used xxL but then again im dark haired so thats prob why..
Hope it gets sorted x

OMG so sorry this has happened :( you should sue the company and that's just not right.... Hope you manage to find a solution soon...:hugs:

Im usually really good with hair sarah i do mine myself (cut/dyed for several years now) and it said it was for medium blonde to brown so i thought lets give it a go because usually i wouldnt touch xxl unless it is the salon one so god knows why i thought i would buy it, hoping a hairdresser can chop most of the damage and then cover the expanding bold patch, can see me getting it shaved and using wigs lol xxx

However though... I've heard on the grapevine that dying your haair whilst pregnant can change the outcome of what it normally does!!

Mines not gone right this time...

I had a pink bit in my fringe... and I've had it millions of times before, dyed it over black and it's been perfect.
This time, I've used the same colour, same peroxide, left it on for the same amount of time, and it hasn't quite covered my rooty bits even though I applied it thoroughly!

Pregnancy does funny things!

Thanks loula, think it only did it because like sarah said it contains something to lift the hair colour out first which the darker ones dont xx

Thanks ceebee, going to write to them today to see what they say because it going to cost me alot to fix there mess so hoping they might be nice about it and compensate for the damage it caused because i used the product in the correct way so its there fault for selling such a crap product xx

Unfortunately it prob says in the guidelines not to use on blonde, there are rules and laws when colouring hair and you can't turn a blonde bright red just by using one colour, it would be a long process for a professional to get it to red. Unfortunately leave it to the professionals is always the best advice!! Xx

So sorry to read this hun, hope the Redken stuff sorts it out. I'd be tempted not to mention the fact that you are pg as they will use this as their place to hide behind, citing how pg hormones change the nature of your hair and you should only dye professionally during this time etc etc. Just take pics of your head and the damage only.

Really hope you get it sorted soon. To be fair you've picked the best season to do this though, a nice summery head scarf to tie round your hair whilst it regrows wouldnt look out of place at all.

:hug:
xx

I wasnt fussed about it not going red mrsstuart its the damage it has done to my poor hair, on the side of the box my hair colour matched with the colours that you can use it on and ive done my hair many of times from blonde to red but this was the first time any damage has been done, even just dyed my blonde extensions with a loreal red and it has gone perfect these where the same colour as my hair i was looking through the internet and it doesnt look im the only one it has happened to, got an appointment with a hairdresser at 2 so lets see what they can do, should of really gone there first... lesson learnt xx

Definitly not going to say im pregnant firstbaby as we know they will blame it on that even though i have died it serveral times during this pregnancy and this has never happened, well thats a great idea and gives me an excuse to go shopping :) xx

Omg that's so scary!!
I hope the hairdresser manages to get it sorted out for u!

I put a blonde loreal mousse dye in my hair a couple of weeks ago and it turned my hair brunette!!! And now I'm afraid to try to get it back to blonde in case something bad happens to my hair, and can't afford to see a professional just yet. Nightmare!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

it might also be a combination of pregnancy hormones too hun - your hair takes differently to dye when your pregnant xxx

oopsie - didnt read the previous comments lol x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back