[b]HAIR DYE/HI-LIGHTS[/b]

tuck

Reaction score
I just wondered wether anyone has dyed their hair since finding out preggie?

None of the hairdressers here will do it for me and I am not gonna risk a home dye as have hi-lights and had a VERY nasty experience once which resulted in hair falling out. :cry:

Anyway did you dye hair and did it turn out ok?

I had mine highlighted at the hairdressers when I was about 12 weeks and it was fine :)

I am practically gray and get my roots tinted every month and highlights done about every 3 to 6 months. I asked my hairdressers about this and she said it's the tint that can do the harm as that's whats next to the skin but is very rare for something to happen in that the colour won't take or it could can damage you hair she reckons highlights shouldn't be a problem because the bleach doesn't get near the skin.

I had my tint done at about 5.5 weeks and all was fine. Both my sisters also have gray hair and they've had six kids between them and always got their roots tinted due pregnancy.

ive been to hairdressers 2 dye my hair a black/dark brown colour n i dye it at home now, no complications just a gorjus colour =)

I dye my hair with a home dye every 2/3 months.

I've read up on it and there's no evidence that it does any harm.

Cx

I've dyed mine at home a couple of times but waited till the end of Tri one just out of fear more than anything.
I am getting mine done just before LO is born at the hairdressers (haven't informed hubby yet) as i can't imagine leaning over the bath 40 weeks preggers trying to wash the dye out :shock:

My cousin who is a hairdresser said that the only problem you can get is with paroxides as the hormones can make the dye take differantly on your hair.

Yup, I've had my highlights done every two/three months and all fine.

i had my hair highlighed just before xmas and mins fine!!

Not sure what to believe now as I read that home dyes without ammonia are fine, havn't heard anything about peroxides though :?

I dyed my hair last week (25 weeks) I used a home dye without ammonia but it did contain hydrogen peroxide, everything was fine except my skin had a slight reaction to it which has never happened before, was just a bit itchy and sore but was fine after an hour :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back