Agreeing on a name

Eveadel

Reaction score
Im not TTC til Jan but I always think of names, I came up with a nice name for a girl yesterday and my husband didnt like it. Do you think it could cause problems if you both dont agree??

I think you should always agree on the name. I'm finding it really hard thinking of a boy's name this time round too (just like you not ttc till Jan but I like to be prepared!) because OH doesn't like any names I suggest. We both fell in love with Austin as soon as it came up as a choice, so it was pretty easy. We've got a girl's name too (Isabelle(!)) which we both love, and a couple of back ups if we change our minds. It's just boy's names that are so hard!

At least there's time to think of one that we love as much as Austin.

Did you both like your DD's name when you picked that?

Yes we both liked the name Isabella so no arguments there. There are quite a few names I have said that I liked but he doesnt. Its so hard as I would like a classic name but not one that is to common. We have already picked a boys name which is quite boring really but it is a family name. Just need to find a name if we are blessed with another girl.

you have to both agree. its not fair if one of you doesnt like it. imagine how you'd feel if you didnt like your own child's name! i know its frustrating when your partner doesnt like a name you like, but u hav to both respect each other by agreeing on one you BOTH like. afterall, its a big decision! :hug:

Yeah I do agree with you. Just wished he liked some of my other names.

I think its wise to have a list, pop it on the inside of a cupboard door, and keeping adding to it as names come up either of you like, then leave it for as long as it takes until you agree. My OH initially didn't warm to Isaac, but the more I spoke about it, he decided it was his name :lol: Especially if its a name you've not used before with friends or family, it can take some getting used to. We wanted a name that was unique to our circle of friends and family, but also one that had stood the test of time, and we loved its meaning too :D
Very best wishes, and I agree, you both have to like the name, no matter who initially decides on the name :hug:

My hubby didnt like 'Fynn' at first..but I didnt pressure him... he just seen the labour and the birth and said call him whatever you want.. he now likes the name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back