Uh oh them pesky hormones strikes again....:-S

Stunned

Reaction score
I have decided on Eva as a first name...really have decided finally! :s lol!

Anyway I told OH to choose the middle name as I didn't really give him the choice of agreeing to Eva. He came up with Eva Blue - as a joke he says. Thing is, I love it! Goes nicely with our surnames too.

Is it too stupid as a middle name? I'm thinking that cos it's a middle name, albeit unusual, it won't cause problems with teasing or bullying?

I think it's pretty stupid as a middle name and in the long run you, and your daughter, will regret it.

Why ruin such a lovely name like Eva with a joke middle name?

And if, and i mean if, it was ever used as a name at all - it would be for a boy, like Baloo in Jungle Book :)

If you really like it I don't actually think it's too bad. Middle names aren't used everyday anyway, so they are a good way of using a 'different' name without it being too stupid. It will be an interesting talking point when baby is older!

Well I know someone with the middle name Blue and he does absolutely love it. It's his signature colour and a nickname amoung his closest friends.

I dont think its stupid at all and every name is a personal choice, so you hsouldnt listen when others put you down for your choice!

I have heard a lot worse but give it some serious thought first. It could work but at the same time if anyone at school found out and decided to make a big deal about it, it may cause problems!

me too lexi! :) I think its a great name and I knew a girl who's first name was blue!

also this is what everyone should remember kids are mean! they will all pick on each other for millions of reasons regardless of what your name is - thats life!

Thank you everyone for their comments which have been helpful. You are quite correct that it is something to be carefully considered but also correct that kids will pick up anything to use to bully or tease. In my Eva's case, she is far more likely to be bullied because her parents are deaf than because of her unusual middle name which no one is likely to know about unless she tells them.

Will keep on considering!

I think it depends on your surname as we know some people who called their daughter blue and their surname is wormald pronounced Worm-mould. Blue wormald sounds like either a cheese or a toilet cleaner. But I do love blue on it's own

I think it depends on your surname as we know some people who called their daughter blue and their surname is wormald pronounced Worm-mould. Blue wormald sounds like either a cheese or a toilet cleaner. But I do love blue on it's own

:rotfl: Blue Worm Mould - Excellent name!

Cheered me right up that did!

Last edited:
I like it! One of our friends kids has the middle name Danger - now that's a jokey just for fun middle name, and even that no one has really expressed any strong reactions too, people just think it's cool or funny generally.

My friends niece is called Blu....really like it and its something different. At the end of the day Stunned its YOUR baby and YOUR decision so dont let anyone put you off or talk you out of whatever name you like....xxx

I love it, but my fav colour is blue so I'm biased, and it really does make a great nickname too later on with her mates. do agree on depends if it goes ok with your surname whatever that is, but lovely and unusual

wow i actually really like that, sounds lovely!
XxX

Here is an update. We actually named our baby Eva Grace which we love.

But.... We now wish we had called her Eva Blue! So we have nicknamed her "Blue".

Just wanted tell people to go with their hearts and not to be afraid of other peoples reactions or opinions!

i love it :) why done you spell it Eva Bleu (I know a girl, first name Bleu and I think it's really nice and original) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back