• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

After the birth - what loopy things did you do?

LaineyG

Reaction score
I'm going to try and explain this as well as I can.

After you had your baby, and you look back on those first few weeks, what do you think of yourself?

I was a total fruit loop! I was so convinced that everyone around me was sure that I had PND, and talking about me behind my back!

I think I over compensated for this and tried extra hard to act normal!!

Mind you, how normal is this -

1. My midwife turned up on the first morning home, I'd never met her before as I had Mhairi in a hospital 30 miles away. She sat down and said "How are you?" and I burst into tears! :rotfl: :rotfl: My god, I'd have loved to have had a camera to capture her face!

2. I dropped Mhairi's medical card into the docs about a week after she was born. On my way out my jeans were falling down so I just hiked up my jacket, exposed my builders bum :moon: to the WHOLE of our local college across the street and then tut-tutted at the wolf whistles!

Anyone else done daft things in the race to prove sanity after birth?

xxx

Omg, loads.

One thing i nticed though is that I turned into my mom overnight! I was tutting at smoking teens, hated loud music and screamed at my husband if he came near me and cryed at everything.

Turns out i did have te dreaded pnd though.

I was such a drama queen.

I went into overdrive after I had Isaac. I did everything really really fast. I spoke really fast too. The first telephone conversation I had with MIL was funny, it was like I had so much to say and not enough time to say it. When I passed the phone over to OH my MIL said I has worn her out lol

my nesting instinct kicked in , guess it didnt have time while i was pregnant :rotfl:

lou said:
I went into overdrive after I had Isaac. I did everything really really fast. I spoke really fast too. The first telephone conversation I had with MIL was funny, it was like I had so much to say and not enough time to say it. When I passed the phone over to OH my MIL said I has worn her out lol

Yip! I did this too!

And did you find yourself having to tell everyone a condensed (or not soo condensed) version of the pregnancy, birth, feeding and sleeping habits?

I could have recorded my "BlahBlah" and just played it back to anyone I saw!

Also, if complete strangers made I contact with me when I was out with Mhairi I HAD to talk to them!

xxx

I went mental at my husband...............I'm mean serious fruit loop, mad man, serial killer...........crazy. Scream, slamming doors, crying, stamping feet, knocking things off the side,why?

Because my hubby had been out 3 nights in a row and I wanted him to stay home ( first week I was home).

Then when he did stay home, I told him to go out as I didn't want a 'sympathy' card from him.

Apparently the next day, I was sweet as pie and never acted like the night before had happened!

newmum said:
I can't find anything. Keep tidying up absentmindedly and losing everything.
I was bad before now I'm practically leathal with this....

also the other day I made a cup of tea and managed to put the milk in the cupboard where we keep teabags, the teabags in the fridge, then left the tea on the side till dh came home 4 hours later. He made fun of me too :cry:

ive so done the tea in the fridge thing , but i put my cuppa actually in there and not the milk :rotfl:

Have I never told you about my second night in hospital after having Mhairi?

The first day and night was really quiet, although Mhairi was up every hour for a bf so I was knacked by the next night!

Anyways, about teatime on the second day the ward went mental. It was the ward for ladies with problem pregnancies/births, so it was always a bit chaotic with emergencies etc.

So, Mhairi slept from 10 till 4 in the morning! But I was up at 3 and had to go for a pee.

So off I trot up the corrider and I swear there must have been a full moon!

There was one lady walking about flapping her top over her head (no bra on) and doing this wild wailing noise.

The toilets on my side of the ward were taken up by 1) a woman being violently sick and screaming for her mammy. 2) another woman obviously having her pre-labour clear-out.......and both of them hadn't shut the door!

I went to the other side of the ward to use the loo and there was a group of 6 heavily pregnant woman all heading out the door, packs of ciggys in hand, telling the MW they'd buzz back in when they were done!

Babies were screaming, mothers were screaming and it was all soooo surreal!

I peed, ran back into my room and hid under the covers!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

xxx

today I made me and OH a cup of tea... trouble was he was at work and it wasn't until I took it in the lounge that I remembered :shock:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

well about an hour after I got back from hospital I insisted on cleaning the kitchen and tidying up all the mess from baby presents etc. I was rushing around making tea for everyone..,. meanwhile struggling with a foofoo the size of a hovercraft and knackered beyond belief... I just wanted everything to be normal again....

I tried so hard, that I just wore myself out and use to just cry to myself in the bath every night for about 5 days after the birth!

i was a headcase!
xx

I remember being on the ward the day of Isaac's birth and everytime someone asked me how old he was I couldn't remember :rotfl:

I had six people over to visit, went upstairs to the loo, saw my bed and thought 'mmm, how comfy does that look!'

So I got into bed and went to sleep :oops: I just kinda of forgot they were there :?

My friend tucked Stanley up with me and they let themselves out :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back