HOW LONG DO YOU LADIES STAY IN HOSPITAL!!

nikki1306

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering how long you all stayed in hospital after you gave birth?

I had my first daughter in the middle of the night but i was home within 12 hours and my second daughter i had at 7am and i was out by lunchtime!!

It's so much quieter and comfortable at home i couldn't wait to get back :D xx

I was in for 4 days with my daughter, but that's what they did back then. With this one, I'm hoping to be home as soon as they'll let me, barring any problems of course!! :lol:

I went in first thing Christmas Eve and came out Boxing Day afternoon, but I had to be cut in theatre so was quite unwell. Could have done to have stayed longer but I begged them to let me home so I wouldn't miss the whole of Christmas. But I ended up laid up at home with no midwives or painkillers so I wish I had stayed in :?

I was in 4 nights with my daughter but that was due to me being induced then when she was born she was only 4LB and couldnt keep a steady temp!

I will be staying in as little as possible with this one! Might be pushed to staying in over night depending on what time she is born! (Thats if it all goes to plan who kno's how it will turn out lol)

Kelly

Ella was born at 2am on Boxing Day and we were out by 10am.

All in all including giving birth I entered the hospital at 1.15am, so was in under 9 hours :lol: TBH I could have done with more of a rest as I was walking like John Wayne and couldn't put my legs together as I was so swollen (getting in the car was a bit of a mare!), but I just wanted to go home.

With my first I was in for 3 days and I had a horrible midwife who didn't seem to want to let me go home. I had no problems at all so don't know why that happend, I just put it down to me being only 20 at the time and maybe they didn't think i could cope! Who knows. With my second she was born at 10.25pm and I was discharged at 11am the next day. They couldn't ged rid of my quick enough.

A full week :( because my blood pressure still hadn't settled and Naomi wasn't feeding very well.

Sue

I would love to stay in as little as poss but i worry as i have a 6 year old! Should i try and get some rest at hosp before i return home (even tho i will miss her like crazy) or should i just come straight home? Is or was anyone on the same situation? Really not sure what to do i supose ill just see how i feel at the time!

Kelly

I had Phoebe on the Monday morning and was let home at midnight on the Tuesday. I discharged myself though. They wanted me to stay in until my bowels opened but I just wanted to be at home :lol:

i had ewan at 6.30 on the mondat night and i went home at 3pm on the tuesday - i didn't sleep at all monday night being in hospital, i just wanted my own bed and my husnband. i hated hopsital i'm quite shy and just was nervous about everything. plus the care i got was useless got better care from hubby

Had reece friday morning and went home sat morning

Olivia was born on a Saturday evening and I went home Sunday at 6pm ish. They wanted me to stay in for 2 days but since I had barely slept a wink due to the other little babies and people snoring I wanted to get home as well. Like Kim though once at home I loved being in my own surroundings but not having the painkillers delivered to my bed and the overwhelming feeling of the baby I wished I'd stayed in one more night.

Lucy

I had matthew at 11.16pm on sat and was home by 7pm on Sunday ! I thought they would keep me in longer but I think they like to get you home as soon as possible and I couldnt wait to get home!

I had Charlie at 5.55am Sunday morning and they let me home lunchtime on the Monday, it probably would have been earlier but as I was breastfeeding and Charlie didn't take to it straight away they wanted to keep an eye on us.

I hated being in the hospital away from my hubbie, I felt so nervous!

3 days. I hate hospitals so it was a nightmare. I had difficulties feeding and was next to another mum who kept whining about how her baby was always asleep after feeding and that she had so much milk. I had no milk and a screaming child. I begged to go home, but they didn't want me to as I was not able to feed her properly. They sent a Dr in to talk to me and all i kept doing was sobbing "I want to go home", after promising I would use formula to top up they let me go. However after getting home we discovered that a cat had gotten into our house and sprayed somewhere so the house smelt of cat spray :( (which really grated seeing as I had spent the day before going into labour bleaching the whole house). His mum was a darling and came round with the bleach to scrub the hall whilst I cried about wanting to go back to the hospital. An absolute palava :D

The bloming cat got in once more after that so npw our three have top have magnets on their collar so they can get in and out, they keep coming in with all sorts of metal stuck to their collar :D

3 days with Daniel. That was the minimum stay with a first back then and I hated every minute of it

2 weeks with Callum (plus the 3 months ante natal stay with days off for good behaviour) :roll: Callum spent 4 weeks in SCBU

3 days with Charlotte - recommended stay for section

2 days with Alex - I wanted out after one day but they forced me to stay for two - something to do with me still having the drain in my wound - tut :roll: !!!.

i was in for a wk. came out yestadey but for tha same reason as sami- Bliss is a Preemie lol
love xx willow xx

i went in at half 1 gave birth at 3.30 and was going to let me out at 7 but i tore badley and was bleeding quiete heavily so asked to stay in the nite to make sure i was al ok - then was about to be discharged at ten the next morning but B had low BP so had to stay in till 4 to have it checked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back