advice please :-)

jojo3972

Reaction score
hi all well just got my bfp yey im only 3+5 so quite early on but as i had a mmc last may which was quite a traumatic time and took about 3 weeks from start to finish to end i was wandering cos epu said to ring wen i got bfp to have an early scan i dont want a scan till i am 7 weeks unless i need to that is do u think i should sort out my booking in with mw first n talk to her about it all or just ring epu wen i am about 5-6 weeks to arrange a scan? im fairly confident this preg will be fine as got quite high hcg levels causing all day sickness but i shall touch wood anyways that nothign will go wrong,what do u think i should do?? x

Hi hun,

Congratulations again LOL

I have had 3 miscarriages but my first took 3 weeks to occur back in May last year! It was the shittiest and most scariest time of my life.

A few weeks after I got my BFP, I booked a private scan as my EPU is an emergency only walk-in and my GP cannot refer me unless I have bleeding and or cramping..

My GP said he would ask EPU if they can see me though and EPU called me last week. They said that due to my history I could come in despite having no symptoms and they would still see me.

I moved my private scan and last week we went to the EPU and saw out babies HB at 7w 1d... :lol: I did have to wait for about 90 minutes but it was well worth it..

It may work differently where you are but that is my experience thus far.

I'd start with your GP.

I have to add that had it not been for the fact I've had 3 miscarriages [and been under a recurrent miscarriage clinic] then I am pretty sure my GP would not have contacted EPU on my behalf..

If there is no joy with GP I would suggest booking a private scan.

7 weeks is perfect as you'll def get to a see HB!

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
thnx carnat i remember them saying wen i left the hossy after the procedure that when i have another i can just ring up n speak to someone they are pretty gd at our local epu at the hospital,we dont realy have any involvment with the gp here when pregnant its all mw or consultant care and i am quite high risk due to a few factors so i will be be consultant led but i shall rind my mw monday morning n have s chat to her, i am sop pleased ur pregnancy is coming along nicely u well deserve it :) xx

Congrats :) I had a mmc too and was referred for an early scan at 6+3 cos I had spotting early on which they think was just late implantation bleeding. Have a chat with your gp and see what they say! If you are worried at all may be better going for one closer to 7 weeks as you've definite chance of seeing baby's hb. Wishing you the best of luck :) xxxx

Congrats :) I had a mmc too and was referred for an early scan at 6+3 cos I had spotting early on which they think was just late implantation bleeding. Have a chat with your gp and see what they say! If you are worried at all may be better going for one closer to 7 weeks as you've definite chance of seeing baby's hb. Wishing you the best of luck :) xxxx

hi thnx yes i am going to go to my docs tomoro get the pregnancy pack off them and that comes with mw number which i will ring to arrange my booking in app but can only ring between 8-9 on morning crazy times lol so i shall ring her tuesday n bend her ear and go from there if she just cba with me like some mws cant then i will just ring epu myself cos they are realy nice and try to help as much as possible :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back