scans

ladyinpink

Reaction score
I had a scan on saturday at the EPU due to having some bleeding everything was fine and saw the heartbeat. The nurse said that i should cancel my dating scan that is booked for me as they dated me at this scan.

I still want to have my scan on the 8th Jan cos will be such a long wait till the 20 week scan. Do u think i should ring and cancel it or keep it? My other scan is at a different hospital to where the EPU is.

thanks xx

I'd be tempted not to cancel - but they'll pass all your notes to the other hospital anyway, so my only concern would be that they'd just cancel it for you and you'd turn up and be disappointed. I was only 9+4 when I had my dating scan as they put me back a week, and it feels like an age to my next one - it's not until I'm 22 weeks! :cry:

Glad all was OK with your early scan :hug:

That's plain daft! In my first pregnancy I too had early scans due to complications, yet I was never told to cancel my 12 week scan. Dating early on in the pregnancy isn't quite as accurate as dating later as the embryo/feotus is so small. At my 12 week dating scan, my date changed by four days to my one at eight weeks! And of course, it is another opportunity to see your baby and check everything is OK. I personally wouldn't cancel it - if your area offers 12 week scans, then you are entitled to it.

well this is how angry i am today - i will be 12 wks on sunday - and the NHS in my area is pathetic - so last time i was with the mid wife she said if u don't get an appointment from the hospital before (17/12/08) which is tomorrow then come in and see me - so today i said to myself riteo lets ring the hospital and c whats goin on - so to cut a long story short got through and after being transferred about 10times to that many extensions - wrong extensions mite i add - i finally got talkin to the docs secretary who told me - yes i have your letter from ur doctor but sorry i have no date for you - here the scans are between 12 and 16weeks :shock: which seems way to close to the 20week scan which will obviously push that further away too - so what could i say to her - she said your letter is rightly up the pile so all I can say is if you give me your number then i will ring you if there's a cancellation - so that was that - have to go to the mid wife tomorrow, she'll probably just listen for the heart beat or something ! !
So i'm quite disappointed, thought i would have had my wee picture before xmas but obviously not :roll:

How frustrating for you Loulabele! The first scan date they gave me I would have been 15 weeks - it's anytime between 10 and 17 where I am - but I managed to get an earlier one. I couldn't wait until after xmas!

Some areas don't offer 12 week scans at all though, so I guess we're lucky to live in places that do.

aww hun i'd be tempted to keep it i went today and they put my dates back to 10 weeks and they have booked me in again for 3 weeks time to check all ok and they couldn't get a clear enough view to have a nice look.

well ladies, went to the docs this morning to see the midwife and she just tested for the heartbeat - she said oh this should be no problem cause ur v slim, there were 2 ladies there and they both had a prod around, honestly at one stage i swore they were gona pierce my stomach with the tool they were using :lol: - but no joy, the wee rascal just couldn't be located - they said a few more weeks should make a big difference and that the child is v small which i understand, i just would have liked to have at least heard something just to settle myself - and just believe that there is something in there - she seemed shocked though that i hadn't received an appointment yet - so what can i do - i'll just have to persevere ! !
Oh and on the other hand , i decided for curiousity to ring a private clinic near me who offer private services -scans, bloods the whole lot, i was just curious and my OH had said ring and see how much it costs and we'll consider it after my disappointment yesterday - so to my shock this is the price i got :-

£150.00 registration
£2500.00 2 weeks after baby is born

that was for the full package, - and that doesn't guarantee you a private room in the hospital either - you'd have to ring and book it which is another £100 quid a nite :shock: but they also offer separate scans on their own which they call early pregnancy scans, which cost £170.00 - which i thought expensive, so u really do take it forgranted when u have these things done for u on NHS ! ! I nicely said thank you and i'll have a think :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back