advice needed please?

Hels Bels

Reaction score
Hi guys,

There is no specific forum for this, so I have popped it in here with hope some of you may be able to help.

I have had irregular periods for 9 months now and am usually on a period every other week, but this changed when I missed my period in December. It is now 10 weeks since I had a period.

I had many tests at the doctors including blood tests checking hormones, signs of being anemic, ultrasound for fibroids and an internal scan also. All these tests brought nothing back and so I was told I simply had irregular periods.

When I was two days late for my December period I took a test and it was negative. A week later the doctors took another and this was also negative. I was told if I didn't start my period within two weeks of this test that I was to return to the doctors and provide another urine sample. I did this, and at this point it was 7 weeks since my last period, but this also came back negative.

I'm afraid I may have been very naive on the situation. Once my period was late (i.e. throughout Christmas and New Year) my partner and I assumed it wasn't possible to conceive, as we presumed I couldn't have been ovulating, and as a result had unprotected sex once my period was late. Could I have conceived in this time?

The reason I ask is that 5 days ago I thought my period had started as I wiped myself after visiting the toilet and there were very light pink spots on the paper. I presumed my period was starting, but this very, very light spotting continued for a further two days and now appears to have stopped. I am told spotting is an early pregnancy sign.

I apologise this is so lengthy... I have booked another doctors appointment but would really appreciate any thoughts in the meantime as I am going crazy! Being pregnant wouldn't be a terrible thing by any means, I am sure my partner and I would both be thrilled... but what with not knowing IF I could have conceived when I had no period throughout the festive season, I actually wouldn't know how far gone I am!!!!

I hope this makes sense.

Any ideas/thoughts welcome and greatly appreciated!

Help?!?!?!

I would say because you dont know your cycle, conception is a chance at anytime :?

the spotting does sound like implantation... hope you get what you want :hug:

MaybeMummy said:
I would say because you dont know your cycle, conception is a chance at anytime :?

the spotting does sound like implantation... hope you get what you want :hug:

I agree!!

Sarah

I would probably test again in another few days :hug:

fothers said:
I would probably test again in another few days :hug:

It all seems to be pointing towards pregnancy but the tests just never come up positive! It wasn't planned, but we have got really quite excited by the idea. I can't even see it being easy for us if we continue to try from now on, as my periods are clearly not right. I'm reeeaaally upset! :(

:hug: suprising whe u have a scare it makes u see how much u want it

:hug: big hugs

Well, I had some blood tests taken a week ago to see if I had polycystic ovaries, anemia, hormone imbalance or under/over active thyroids. I got the results for those blood tests this morning. The good news is that I don't have polycystic ovaries... phew!!! The bad news is that I have to go back in six months cos the test showed I had under active thyroids... they repeated this test to check and it said i had NORMAL thyroids the 2nd time. Grrrr. I hate all this not knowing, it's really starting to annoy me. I never know when to expect a period - which is a pain whether you're TTC or not!!

Today I had some pains in my lower back and felt a little faint. It didn't last long, and I can't help but wonder whether or not I am now imagining these things in hope that a test in 2 weeks will show something that yesterdays didn't.

Oh I'm SO fed up, it's all I can think about.

:( :( :(

Don't give up hope, I was over 8 weeks gone with two of my 3 pregnancies and never got a positive test. I miscarried all 3 but thats nothing new in my family. I know that some people take a while to get a positive test result when pregant and others get one before they have even missed a period. Different women have different pregnancies.
Keep pushing your doctor to get things sorted for you
Good Luck

Hope you get some answers soon :hug:

With thyroid tests it can be fairly difficult to diagnose as a non thyroidal illness or stress can give flase low readings which is why they would have retested you.

Well, still no AF... this is really unusual for me as usually I have a period every other week. Now the exact opposite has happened and I haven't had a period since November 11th! December tests were negative, then we could have possibly conceived at the end of december/beginning of January, but the test on Weds was BFN. Aaaargh!!! I hate my body!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back