Hi New and need advice

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm new so this question has probably been asked loads.

I'm 32 and I had my last period on 25 May and am now a week late (I was due 22 June). I took a home test on Monday which was positive. Went straight to the Drs and he sent of the same sample I tested to the lab (after i insisted he did) I.

He phoned me up on Tuesday evening to say sorry it was negative.

I have done 3 more home tests since which have been negative. I have had cramps for 3 weeks like period/hunger pains but so far no period. Sore breasts since I ovalated. The Dr said to bring in another sample today but as the home pregnancy test was negative this morning I thought I would wait until end of next week.

I still have bad cramps. My periods are irregular between 28-32 days but that still makes me 2-4 days late. I feel sick but that could be either in my head or if my period is on the way. Can anyone advise?

It just feels disappointing to have a positive test and then to hear the lab said no and further test are negative but still no period.

Did you use the same brand test each time you have tested hun?

What test did you use and did you read the result in the time it says too?

Hi

I used the digital clearblue one on Monday and it said PREGNANT
I used the second digital clearblue in the box after the Dr rang and it said NOT PREGNANT.

I then tried 2 Llyods Pharmacy brand and both didn't show a second blue line so indicated NOT PREGNANT

:?

did you use morning urine on all the tests?

hmm im not sure then. I always thought clear blue digitals were pretty accurate and its just about inpossible to get a fake positive. And with a digital its a pretty clear yes or no. Did you break it open and see if there were 2 lines? I did with mine just to make sure the strip was the right way around :oops:

Hi

I guess may be I should wait a week and see if my period starts although this waiting is driving me mad. If I hadn't had a positive to start with I would have just said I was late. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah I would wait a few days then test again, hopefully the HCG just cant be detected at the moment or maybe you had a false positive? Good luck hun x

Dont want to upset you or anything but my sister has just been through this and her doctor has told her it was probably a chemical pregnancy she probably did concieve but for some reason it didnt work out and was reabsorbed into the body if pregnancy tests wernt so accurate we'd never even know about them but because we can detect pregnancies so early they get detected generally when people have a chemical pregnancy though they will have a period soon after this didnt happen with my sister though for some reason. Like I said didnt want to upset you just saying what happened to my sister doesnt mean its the same for you :hug:

Hi

Thanks I am guessing this is what is happening. What I find strange is that the Dr/lab tested the same sample I tested and I got a positive and they got a negative. This is the 1st month my husband and I have tried so we would have been very lucky if we had/are successful.

Mx

Oh that is odd with my sister she got a possitive totally different day to the negatives! In that case I would say your test was more accurate then doctors or and its very rare, but I dont believe clear blue digital are the most sensitive tests out there so I cant see it being more sensitive to doctors tests, you could have been very unlucky and had a faulty test!
Looks like all you can do is wait sorry cant be more help :hug:

Hi

Guess I'll just have to wait a week. I'll post an update when I know either way. Have ordered some pregnancy tests off of ebay (Fertility Solutions UK) as they are far cheaper then the chemist as well as some ovulation tests just in case I do need them too for the future as my cycle is completed out of sink

Mx

Also hun Clearblue have had a lot of bad press lately about them giving false positives. TBH I wouldn't touch Clearblue with a bargepole. Check out the link below, it's number 3 on the list

http://www.peeonastick.com/issues.html

Hope this helps a little. maybe test with a different brand in a few days hun. Good luck :hug:

Hi

Thanks about the info re Clearblue I must have got a dodgy one that gave a positive result.

Oh without warning just after I posted last night I started my period :cry:

So will have try to concieve in July.

Hi

Can anybody advise?

After my AF arrived confirming that I wasn't pregnant :? I have ordered ovalation kits as I haven't a clue when I will ovulate next. My cycle is so irregular.

So far it has been

AF
5 Jan
28 Jan = 23 days
28 Feb = 32 days
28 March = 29 days
28 April = 32 days
25 May = 28 days
28 June = 34 days

Any idea when to start testing for ovulation or even when it could be?

Mx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back