Advice from successful moms-to-be

Hi I must have no tread properly but some of you girls were mentioning a magic something around the time of ovulation.... what is this please?

I think the most important thing, difficult though it sounds, is to relax as much as possible. We only fell pregnant when I stopped fretting about when I was ovulating etc and just went with the flow - after a year of trying!

I have read a study which says that your libido goes up naturally when you're ovulating anyway and any healthy couple who are making love reasonably regularly (say twice a week) will fall pregnant just as quickly without monitoring anything as they will with charting etc.

Hello all.
I'm new to the TTC site. I live in the US, but have a great buddy in Brighton who recommended the site! (Sorry, some of my language might be Americanized...but I'll try to translate :wink: )
I'm not actually trying yet, but I am charting my temps and CM, trying to determine when my fertile time will be. (I ovulated this month! First time I ever kept track of it, so it was neat to know!) My hubby and I have decided to start trying for our first child in a couple of months. :cheer:
This post was very informative. This is right on track with a book I'm reading now, Natural Family Planning. Thanks for all the great advice!

I hope this helps all 'conceivers to be'!!!
After my 2nd child we sort of decided to try for a 3rd, but I couldnt seem to get the timing right.
After a few hopeless months somebody recommended a product called 'CALISTA' it looks like a lipstick, and they sell it in Superdrug.
Basically all you do is lick the end ( Yes-- no messing around with doing wee wees!!) and after a few minutes look at the results in it's own little microscope.
If the saliva has dried to a 'bubble' effect then you are not ready to ovulate.
However, if the saliva looks like little 'sticks/lines' then Eureka!!! You are just beginning to ovulate-- get those bed sheets warmed up!!!
It worked for me first time!!!
Unfortunately I miscarried at 4 weeks, so, instead of waiting a few months to try again- I just carried on the next month and it WORKED FIRST TIME AGAIN!!!
Daniel was born in June 2005.. my 3rd child.
I am now pregnant with my 4th ( which, incidentally wasn't 'planned' as such)
So if you are struggling to conceive I would highly recommend this product, unlike ovulation kits, it tells you when you are 'just about to' ovulate rather than being in the middle and being too late.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

These are the thing i did to aid my fertility on the month i got pregnant, and i fell pregnant after 1 cycle. i hope they are off use to some of you TTCers.

1. Took the magic medicine (guafenistine (sp?)) for 7 days before ovulation.

2. tracked my cervial mucus on these charts:
http://www.babyhopes.com/download/cm-chart.pdf
and only BD'd on the days that i had the egg white cervical mucus, followign this advice:
http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/cervical-mucus.html

3. kept my legs in the air for 15-30 minutes after BDing

4. We only BD'd twice this whole month, i had EWCM on the 21st and 22nd and only BD'd on both those days.

good luck, i hope my wisdom helps. baby dust to all TTCers :hug: :D .

I think I might have posted this before somewhere, but I think it might be better in this thread...

I watched a programme about food and fertility in May/June. It recommended that men have two fresh fruit smoothies every day. They are full of vit C which is an antioxidant and would protect sperm from the free radicals that attack it and make them less effective. (swim slower or loose tails etc)
They also suggested that men eat a serving of brazil nuts every day. I think these were full of zinc and selinium. This helped increase the man's sperm production.
We decided to give it a shot. My OH ate brazils every day (lucky he likes them) and had a fruit smootie every lunch time (wasn't fresh as we didn't have time). A month later we got a BFP :cheer:
It may be a load of codswallop and a complete coincidence....but it was certainly worth a try.

One other thing, as others have said...try to relax if you can. The weekend we concieved, we were away in a lovely hotel for our anniversary. We slept, ate, drank, swam, walked and of course bd'd lots. We were having fun, we were not concentrating on getting preggers. It seemed to work :cheer:

Good luck to everyone, I am sending oodles of baby dust your way :hug: :hug: :hug:

There is definitely something to be said for 'laying on your back for as long as poss. after'. For years my BF and I weren't exactly careful using the withdrawal method (not sure why because we were both scared of children). I remember I always used to get up and rush to the loo, but then he got a much more comfortable bed and so I got lazy!!!! My first little girlie was the result!!! She wasn't intended but it was the best thing that happened to us.

TTC my 3rd now, and currently trying a pillow to tilt my pelvis!

Ovulation kits are also a worthwhile investment - even if you only use them once to determine when you ovulate. My 2nd girlie, and also the little one I sadly lost recently were conceived quickly using these.

I have been trying for 7 months with no luck, I have been charting my temp and using ovulation tests. I have also been lying there for at least half hour after sex, and only making him 'finish' on top or from behind :oops: but still no luck! Hopefully it will be our month this time.
Thanks for all your advice Mums! This thread has been really helpful. :D

Hi Loola,

Have you tried putting a pillow under you to tilt your pelvis, or legs in the air (personnally I couldn't do that for very long - were ttc when we went to bed so usually went to sleep afterwards and usually tried to stay on my back for a couple of hours).

The other thing you could try is an ovulation microscope - you can buy them online for 20 quid or so (never used them myself but have read about others that have used them on here and was actually about to buy one when I found out I was pg. The other thing I considered were the over-the-counter fertility tests - they are quite expensive but you can get both male and female ones, and it could put your mind at rest.

All the very best - hope it happens for you really soon. :hug:

Daisyrose - so sorry, i only just realised you had replied to my post. Thank you so much for your advice, I may have to check out the microscope thingy and I am tempted by the fertility tests too, like you said to put my mind at ease.

I have been putting a cushion underneath me everytime. Im going to really focus on getting the timing perfect this month. Thankkfully my OH and I have had a big talk about how important it is to me to make the most of every opportunity as a few things had happened in the previous months that have meant that we havent BD'd when we really should have, be it people have turned up at the house unexpectedly, the football has been more important etc. Hopefully from now on I wont feel as disappointed every month, because at least Ill know we have tried our best.

After 10 months of trying I finally got my BFP. I had tried ovulation kits, magic meds, vitamin b6 but none of those worked so I gave up on them. The month we conceived we werent even supposed to be trying but there were a couple of times we got carried away (probably just habbit).

Here's a list of things that were different to other months...

We didnt have sex every day.

We didnt feel under pressure and just enjoyed ourselves.

I had been on a healthy eating and exercise regime for a couple of months and lost 23lbs (which took me out of the overweight category and into the average one).

Drank lots of water.

Didnt worry about laying down and keeping it all in after sex.

Thats about it I think. Good luck girls. :hug:

I had this issue. We got married November 2015. After sex, I would go to sleep and sleep all night. Needless to say, I got a UTI. However, when I asked my gynecologist about it, she said to lay flat or with my legs on a pillow for 10-15 minutes after sex. Then use the restroom. That will help prevent a UTI. So far, it has.

Awesome thread! Since i have a 4 year old and im TTC number #2 here are my little nuggets of knowledge!:lol:

1. Don't turn sex into a chore!, when your mind is completely focused on getting pregnant, you'll be surprised how fast things in the bedroom lose their fizz.

2. Don't overthink symptoms, ive done this in the past and driven myself bonkers with every little twinge, or craving and then been completely disheartened when AF came!

3. Relax!, go with the flow! You'll also be surprised how fast it drags when you think about TTC at every minute of the day, I was TTC my son for 6 months, as soon as i gave up, relaxed and decided to take things as they come..I fell :)

4. Keep your mind occupied during the TWW. Find something constructive to do so your thoughts arent consumed with symptom spotting..Take on a side project, i found reading a new book completely freed my mind and helped me relax!

5. Don't get down when AF Hits, i know its easier said than done. But how i look at it as you're one cycle closer to a BFP :)

6. And finally...FOR GOD SAKE..STAY OFF GOOGLE!! If we all typed in symptoms and what not into google we'd all be dead according to google!:lol:

All the best everyone =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back