Advice from successful moms-to-be

I'm with you Miracle babe!

Booze is the answer!

After being so good whilst ttc i thought the hell with it and consumed copious amounts of white wine. I would put money on that being the night I conceived!! :cheer:

The way I have gotten pregnant all the times,is literally as soon as your man has done the deed,have an orgasm,this sucks it all up like a vacuum,I swear by this :oops:

Well here's my story....

I knew last month that I was due to ovulate when we were visiting the in laws in Sweden.

OH thought it was fantastic that we could do it in his home land but I felt pressured up.

I had started taking the magic medicine just after my AF finished and took it all the way through to ovulation.

I had decided that I was going to use the OPK too and monitor my temp.

This and any good will went out of the window when we got there.

We stayed in a little summerhouse in the countryside next to the lake and all of us including the kids went into relaxed mode.

I was drinking about a bottle of wine every night so we just relaxed and said we would try next month.

When we had been home about a week,I had the slight feeling that AF was starting and I thought oh no here we go early...I went to the toilet and instead of finding my Af there were just 5 small brown spots of blood.

I worked it out to be exactly 10 days since Ovulation but still 6 days before my AF was due.

me being me couldn't wait to test so the next day I tested 5 days early with one of the ebay early tests.

initially there was the faintest of lines but when left became obvious about an hour later.

OH wasn't convinced so we did one later that evening which w fainter but still just about visible.

Did clear blue next morning 4 days early and there was a faint but obvious cross straight away, next morning 3 days ealry, I did the other clear blue and straight away came a big big massive dark blue cross!!

So that's my story.

I think what worked for me and others on this topic is o sit back and chill a little istead of stressing out our bodies... good luck to you all x

thank you for all the tips, i am gonna try them all out!

trying for baby number 4

and it is getting harder the more kids i have.

i am only 25! :D

Hi All

After 18 months of trying we got our BFP when we gave up (I know, always the way...). I was trying all of the alternatives (reflexology, etc. ) and so have no idea which one worked unfortunately. The last one I tried was when I walked into that Dr & Herb randomly, the guy spoke through his translator and told me I had some 'blockages' to various life sources, and sold me some herbal tablets (cost a fortune, I didn't dare tell the hubby, figured I'd been done).

Anyway, within the month I got my BFP! I think you can buy the herbal tablets anywhere, don't need to be from Dr & Herb. I had to take 8 of each, 3 times a day (!) - first one was Jin Kui Shen Qi Wan and the second was Nuan Gong Yun Zi Wan.

BUT he prescribed those specifically for the reason he thought I was having probs, so it might vary from person to person.

Sorry... can't be more help, I'm not an expert and don't even know if it DID work... :oops: ... but I am PG!

I have no idea if anything we tried helped to speed up our getting pregnant, but here are a few things I will pass on, good luck!!

We got pregnant the second month of trying, which was very quick I thought, especially seeing as I'd been on the Pill or Contraceptive Injection for over 11 years without a break.

I came off the pill the first day of my period and we started trying straight away, I have read recent research suggests no waiting after stopping taking the Pill, and for me, it worked.

My partner also took extra steps with the tablets Selenium and Zinc, one a day of each, both are reported to aid sperm mobility.

I never changed my diet, drinking or smoking habits, have now obviously but I didn't while trying so if stopping them helps, that wasn't what did it for me, just for those who just can't put down that caffeine or glass of wine :wink:

I think that's about it, I don't know if those tips will help but have fun trying because I think that helps too, if you're relaxed, Good Luck!! :)

Have definately been trying the remaining horizontal for a while after BDing thing, and recently my DH thinks its hilarious to lift my legs in the air for a few mins after as well! :oops: I imagine we both look stupid, but what ever helps.

if we have a BFN this month might try the zinc and selenium suggestion..it can't hurt.

still not sure about the BDing every other day...am using an OPK and am never sure whether to put BD off until the next day after a negative just in case its pos then!

hiya ttc'ers,
well thought id tell you my little story,
the month i fell pregnant i was like a mad women lol,
these are all the things i did

printed out my ovulation sheet of the internet
ONLY had it with my partner on them nights :oops:
after we did it i put my bum under a couple of pillows and stayed there for half an hour.
i got very drunk that month and thought to myself im never going to get pregnant anyway :lol: and i did!

Good Luck girls!!
shell x x :hug: x x

My story is very simular to Red Shoes - I fell in the 2nd month of trying after being on the pill non-stop for 11+ years....
I started folic acid immediatly & had sex every other day and propped my bottom up with a pillow after sex - that done the job - yay! :D

Heres my story...

Well it took us 5 months of trying and had been on pill for 9 years without a break..

I found charting temps really helped as i learned i ovulated later in cycle.I charted for 3 months and got pregnant the 3rd cycle of temping.

The strange thing was that the month before we conceived my chart looked a bit dodgy so i wasnt sure what was going on- i was worried that there was something wrong so the actual month we conceived (Dec) we only Bd 3 times around possible OV but all i wanted to know was that i had a normal cycle!! So i wasnt thinking about getting pregnant like i had been the previous months.

The BD session that "did it" was actually spontaneous and really good and i wasnt thhinking about getting pregnant! Chart showed i OV day 19 and we BD CD 18 which i think was just luckly very good timing!! :cheer:

I got AF like cramps on 4dpo and for a couple of days and was upset that AF was about to come. This passed then i got more cramps a few days later. 9dpo in the evening i got a few sharp twinges in my BBs! That and the cramps is what made me test 10dpo and got BFP on my 28th birthday! Yeah

GOOD LUCK GIRLIES!!

Buy a cat!!!
No I'm not joking! After 3.5 years of TTC and fertility tests just started, we bought 2 cats. After 3 months of having them i fell pregnant. My baby was born one day before the cats first birthday.
When we relocated to the middle east we had to find new homes for them, they went to a lovely couple. We are in contact via email and guess what?! Within a month of owning the cats she is pregnant too.
Maybe having a pet takes the whole stress off you in order to let nature take its course.....

Spend all your money ha ha!!!
We had been trying for 2 years to have baby and were having tests done at hospital, but didn't hold out too much hope. So to cheer ourselves up we spent £6000 refitting our kitchen, new cupbords, tiles, flooring the lot, and guess what. Yep the next month I found out I was pregnant. Had got no money left but at least I had a nice new kitchen to prepare baby food and drinks!!!!

well what can i say

I was ttc for 3 years and had no joy :(
Went to the hospital to find out why i was having trouble getting pregnant and they diagnosed me with PCOS :cry: whilst awaiting follow up appointment off the hospital i had loads of sex (sorry if tmi)and i found out just before xmas i was pregnant with my 1st child :dance:

Another tip for people with PCOS if you are overweight try and loss some weight i was prescribed metformin to help me lose weight and this is why i probley concieved due to me lossing alittle bit of weight.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS

we were ttc for approx 1 year. after speaking to doc we decided that the first thing i should do was improve my diet and loose some weight :oops: decided to just relax about ttc while i lost weight, 2 stone lighter and BFP. of course this ment i was 5 months pg on my wedding day :shock: but was so happy to be pg that it did not matter. good luck to you all still trying.

Hi!

We were not really TTC seriously but we weren't not stopping it from happening if you know what I mean, but then after 6 months nothing had happened so I decided to take some action, I charted my cycle and made sure we had sex before during and after ovulation, I made sure that I didn't move after and I even put my legs in the air resting on the headboard with a pillow under my bum! :oops: the next month I was pregnant!

I never noticed any change in discharge or anything....

The only thing i did differently when i got my BFP's was i ate natural yoghurt around ovulation and i drank plenty of water all through my cycle. Dont know if they actually work but thats the only difference between the cycles i got BFN and the ones i got BFP's.

OK heres my story,

I came off the pill in October after being on it for 15 years!!! We were seriously TTC for 3 months just with OPKs then we decided not to try so hard, We BD once in the last 1 and a half months and thats when it happened!!!

Lots of Babydust to you all :hug: :hug: stay positive.

Maria xx

Well as our baby wasnt planned I cant really help here, alls I can say is i think enjoying yourselves and not worrying about will it be this time/wont it helps lots....

as all these woman with unplanned pregnancys werent thinking that at the time were they?

I would say the proof is in the pudding girlies!!

Anyway goodluck with trying everyone :wink: dont let it take over the reason you want a baby in the first place :hug:

It will happen when it is meant to happen, I am a firm believer in that!!

STAY POSITIVE!!

Happy baby making :wink: :twisted:

Me and my ex were TTC for 4 years but it didn't happen.
I got pregnant after 6 months with my current boyfriend, we weren't trying for a baby and I put kids to the back of my mind and then it just happened.
My advice is don't let it rule your life and don't let it be the only thing you think about because nature will take it's course when it is good and ready and there's nothing much you can really do except wait and be patient.

thanx girls found a few good tips in this thread also got to look out for that book any idea where i could find it?

i too hold my legs in the air and stay still for about 15 minutes as for the loo thing i wait till i cant wait no more and then go, maybe il try some folic acid tablets too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back