21 day blood test???

Reaction score
Hi there.... I'm new and we've been trying off and on for 2 yrs.

Have been sent by Doc for a 21 day blood test...... what will this show as don't you O on day 14??

Also are you supposed to BD before and during O or after.... I know it's best to keep going all the way through but read somewhere that sperm dilutes the more you go at it??

Good luck everyone :wave:

Hi! :wave: Sorry I dont know anything about the blood tests, but when it comes to BDing I think its best to go at it for the few days leading up to ovulation and then on the day you ovulate. Once you have ovulated the chances of getting pregnant decrease rapidly. It has been advised if your OH has a low sperm count to have sex every other day around ovulation as doing it too much will 'dilute' the sperm. Otherwise if he has a good sperm count, it should be ok to do it every day.

day21 test is for progesterone level - this should be at its highest int eh mid-luteal phase (ie half way between ovulation on day 14 and then your next period).

If the level is above a certain level it shows you are definately ovulating.

hope this helps

it is one of the first fertily tests to do - ie day 21 progesterone to make sure you are making eggs and husbands sperm analysis to make sure he is making sperm. If those bits are ok you can go on to finding out why they are not meeting in the middle :)

Brill.. thanks guys . This'll be the first of many as i'm a first timer :wall:

Can I also add that not everyone will OV in day 14 it depends on how long your cycles are (not everyone has the textbook 28 day they tell you about in biology lessons lol) You will OV about 14 day before your next AF not 14 days after your last AF too. So if you have a 30 day cycle you'll OV around day 16, if you have a 40 day cycle it'll be around day 26 and so on.

Hope this helps, welcome to the forum hun :hug:

Thanks Skairdy i didnt know that about OV 14 days before your NEXT period.... no wonder i keep missing the damn thing. lol :wall:

thats kinda the problem :) working out when you ovulated is retrospective - ie you can inly be 100% sure when it was once you get to your next period... which is too late obviously! :) even the home ov tests only give a rough guide :)

1588 said:
Hi there.... I'm new and we've been trying off and on for 2 yrs.

Have been sent by Doc for a 21 day blood test...... what will this show as don't you O on day 14??

Also are you supposed to BD before and during O or after.... I know it's best to keep going all the way through but read somewhere that sperm dilutes the more you go at it??

Good luck everyone :wave:

Hi 1588

I'll be having the CD21 blood test next cycle (thats if I'm really lucky and the witch does not appear!) I will also be having the CD3 blood test too. I have a 25 day cycle and tend to O on day 15 or 16.

What reason did the docs give for sending you for the blood test? Is it due to you trying for 2 years etc? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back