Advice from successful moms-to-be

Just to add to this thread. The relax and try not to think about it, don't worry and all that annoyingly was proved right with me. I charted my cycles for 7 months previously so roughly knew about my cycle and when abouts i ovulated. I booked a few nights away for valentines, didn't chart when i was away, drank every night and bd. Then came home and had brought some ovulation tests and pre seed(never used them before) got a + on tests so was probably + the day before aswell. Used pre-seed and BD the night we came back and dadah BFP!
Good Luck

I thought I'd make this a sticky for a bit in-case it can help someone!

Here's some useful cervical mucus info:

Before Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
The first few days following menstruation, there will be little or no discharge present. You will feel dryness around your vulva. During this time, chances of getting pregnant are low.

Approaching Ovulation (chance of pregnancy):
The first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. In the finger test, the mucus should break easily. You will only be able to pull your fingers about 1 cm apart before it breaks. During this transition time, first the mucus will become cloudy and slightly stretchy during the finger test (this means that it will still break before the fingers are stretched all the way). As time progresses, the mucus will become greater in volume.

Right around ovulation (high chance of pregnancy):
At this stage, mucus resembles egg whites. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. Finger testing will allow the mucus to stretch quite a ways (several centimeters) before it breaks (if it breaks at all). ) The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your 'mucus peak'. This is the last day of this period where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. During this phase, the sperm's survival rate is higher. It can survive in cervical mucus for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle.

After Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage (does not stretch during finger test) and there is again a feeling of dryness around the vulva.

I had very little CM but it still went to EW, even though it was just a tiny amount.

My advice would be try to pinpoint where you are in the cycle according to th CM info above, and when you see a slight change, BD every day or every other day for a week to 10 days. I relied too much on counting the days and that's why it took me longer to concieve!
All the time track your CM and look out for EW! Even if you aren't sucessful at first this will help you track better for the following month.

thank you so much for all your advice im going to be addicted to this thread so keep all the advice coming. :clap: i will be joining you soon i hope :pray:

it took me 7 months to conceive with Ewan, my nurse told me to take a spoon full of honey every day as it would improve cm quality, i also took follic acid as soon as i was ttc. I aslo took a supplemrnt called Multi Maca - a pervuvian herb which is supposed to increase fertility, if any one wants more info on it or where to get this please pm me.

My hubby and I were trying after a miscarriage for 5 months, I didn't want to get too clinical yet so we just did the BD every 2-3 days.

I changed from taking folic acid alone to taking Pregnacare, I thought I could do with a few more vitamins.

And everytime we BD I shoved a pillow under my bum for half an hour to give gravity a lift. Sometimes if it was late I would quite happily fall asleep and wake up in the early hours of the morning to remove the pillow.

Seemed to work after month 1 of trying so fingers crossed everything will work out ok this time.

Good luck and relax and enjoy !!!

Hi everyone!

Thought Id add a few little things to this thread. I dont know how much they will help you guys but I think they defo had some influence on me getting my BFP.

Good luck and Baby Dust to all!!! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1. Eat plenty of natural yoghurt. I did this around ovulation and I swear it helped my cervical mucus.

2. Use OPK's, and use them just a few days before you would normally begin testing because you can ovulate at different times each month and that lil egg may start its journey just a little bit earlier than expected!

3. Take your preggy vits (I used Sanatogen Pro-natal and still am)

4. Drink Green Tea, renowned for its reputation in increasing fertility.

5. Get OH to wear loose underwear, prefably cotton to keep his little soldiers cool.

6. RELAX. I know thats soooooooo hard to do but the month I fell preg I totally forgot about TTC and before I knew it I had my BFP! Do anything you can to take your mind off the two week wait, read books, go for a massge, go for walks, anything to relax you and take your mind off it.

GOOD LUCK HUNNIES xxx

Ahhh, this is a great thread!

We TTC for 18 months, first 6 months a DISASTER, I had a viral infecion which affected my heart, so with all the tests and being so ill we hardly did any baby dancing......I was woring on a 29 day cycle when in fact it was 31!!

We tried ovulation tests for the last 6 months, ASDA own make, started testing at day 10.

We were at the point of going to docs to see if we could have some tests done, and we went on holiday to Isle of Arran, Scotland...A week of relaxing, walking, bottles AND bottles of red wine, a few packets of fags (only smoked when drunk) and lots of lesuirely love making :oops: :shock: , we came home pregnant!!! I was amazed!! So much for cutting down on booze and fags!! (Havent touched either since BFP!)

I always stayed on bed for at least 20 mins, pillow under bum to raise pelvis :shock: and avoided rushing to loo for as long as I could

GOOD LUCk to all, hope something from the thread helps you all on your way to first trimester

LOTS OF BABY DUST TO ALL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I think that it is a good idea to just BD when you want to as having to do it makes it a bit of a chore. We took about 5/6 months TTC and at first we were BD'ing every other day which for us is not normal as we are more of a once or twice a week couple and we wern't enjoying BD'ing as much as we normally would. The month that we concieved we actually only had sex about 3 times as I was working shifts. I think I actually concieved on day 18 of a 32 day cycle which is pretty spot on for ovulating times. I used ovulation kits to find out when I was ovulating which I bought of of e bay very cheap along with the pregnancy tests and after sex I have to admit I did stay laid on the bed for about 5 or 10 mins with my legs up againts the wall. It is probably best for the woman to be laying on her back when the man ejaculates as this also helps with gravity although obviously you could still become pregnant in other positions. TTC is a nightmare for us women especially when every month you torture yourself by doing about 10 HPT's before AF is even due and hold each one under the light and make yourself believe that there is a really faint line when actually there is nothing. I would also covince myself that I had symptoms of pregnancy when I didn't and when I did finally get a BFP I had no symptoms atall until I was 8 weeks pregnant. Anyway good luck and just remember it will happen eventually.
:)

Hi all,

I just decided I wasn't go to think about ttc 24/7, so I decided to tell OH I was not tryng for this month, as I didn't want it to consume my life any more............so I put it to the back of my head and just decided I would BD every night in the hope my OH would not work my cycle out!!! Lucky for me, it was CD 20 when he did realise, and he refused to BD anymore unless I admitted I was TTC without him :lol: (he said it in fun....Men!) so I didn't admit it and didn't mind as I knew I would have hit my O day!

I was able not to think about testing too, until the day before I was due AF, and that was only coz it was Father's Day the next day and I thought it would have been a nice Father's day pressie for him if ZI was to be pregnant............luckily I got a + and he was so pleased when I gave him the positive test at Midnight!

so............

1) Try not to think about it 24/7
2) Relax, let there be no pressure, keep it fun
3) Lay on your back for 10-20 mins afterwards

That was what I did!

By the way, OH really wants a baby so I didn't do anything behind his back - I wanted to suprise him, rather than him be like a cat on a hot tin roof waiting for me to test! :lol:

Good Luck to you all!!

BABY DUST!!!!

Tam x

don't make the same mistake i did and think you can only O 14 days before our period... my cycle was every 27 to 28 days... i wasted months trying between days 12 and 14... when i finally got my BFP and had my first scan.. i was a week further on in pregnancy than i'd thought... counting back i'd O on day 6 or 7 of my cycle... i've spoken to another person who O really early on in her cycle... apparently we can O twice in one month...

x

COME ON RUSKS.......ADD YOUR ADVICE NOWWWWWWWWWWW :dance: :dance: :dance: :wink: :wink:

Really pleased for you babe!! xx

Hayley,
My sis concieved really early in her cycle too, around 7-10 days!
xx

promise to post my story next week going away for the weekend and have to prepare xx

Thank you all for your tips!!
Esp Urchin for the post about CM... its something that i've wanted to know about but didn't want to ask!!
That will be something that will be really useful, especially now that i've been told that i'm not ovulating, if i do randomly ovulate the CM tips will help for signs!!!

Thank you all so much for all of your tips!!

xox

Forgot to say....
i'll definately be getting a copy of that book....
"taking charge of your fertility"
Been looking at the reviews on Amazon by people who have used it, and there are people who had failed IVF attempts managed to get pregnant naturally through following the book!!!

Thank You

xox

So sorry this has taken so long to post and sorry its long :oops:

So my BFP story, this is what I think worked for me: :dance:

The month I got my BFP I seriously cut down my caffeine intake and had one cup of coffee a day maximum. I wouldn’t say I cut down my alcohol cos the night I think I conceived I remember being quite tipsy!! :oops: But on the whole I didn’t drink a lot anyway.

Me and my OH went through a few periods of “pressure problems” where he couldn’t perform and I think we were putting too much pressure on ourselves and Bding became very much a baby making exercise, :? its important to keep the mystery and sparkle in your relationship and maybe not talk about things like OPKs and ovulation in front of him and just pretend (even though you are not) you are being spontaneous and you find him irresistible!! :lol: :lol:

One of the key elements I think helped me get my BFP was the magic medicine, I ovulated on day 22 and from day 15 I took two teaspoons of the stuff three times a day up until the day my temp shot up and I knew I ovulated, my CM was definitely much increased. :oops: ( I took the sainsburys own brand expectorant – very cheap and not too bad tasting) Jaidy baby also recommended natural yoghurt for this reason which I ate more of even though I hate the stuff!! :lol:

Charting is definitely a very good idea and it can be as simple or as difficult as you want to make it, I work shifts and found about 5 days of the cycle I didn’t temp ( after nights ) and I still saw a pattern. Taking charge of your fertility book has charts in the back and will explain all you need to know about this, also you will get loads of information from the forum regarding this. :dance: I took my temp between 6.30 and 7.30 every morning and even though I was an hour apart it was still very useful to see a pattern.

The opks I used were from e- bay and even if I had a faint line I would take that as a surge, we rarely BD every day, more like every other day not cos we were making a conscious effort to do that, me or my OH couldn’t BD every day we are not the most highly sexed people, either of us!! :oops: Its important to make sure you also do it other times of the month for your OH as well so he realises you are not using him for his spermies!! :lol: I would also be aware of secondary ovulation signs, like I had brown ovulation discharge (which is highly fertile fluid apparently) and also I had right ovary twinges, I found it really useful and still do keeping a diary of all the signs and symptoms so I can look back and see if I experienced the same each month which invariably I did. The month I got my BFP I was convinced I wasn’t pregnant as I had no symptoms what so ever, shere as when AF was due I had sore boobs for a few days leading up to AF.

I would also agree with everyone here to relax but to be honest even though I said I was chilled out about the whole thing I wasn’t, I was really obsessed and stressed about the whole thing, I got my BFP and I pray all of you do soon so you can join us on the first trimester and we can all have happy healthy pregnancy’s and babies
:pray: :pray: :pray:

:hug: Lisa xx

We were trying for nearly 4 years after an ectopic with no luck at all. Finally told in Oct there was little chance and fertility wasnt an option. Amazing what giving up all hope can do for you. You stop thinking about it and being obsessed about it. Finally got my miracle BFP in January.
Think the key is to totally relax although the half bottle of tequila on new years eve probably helped :wink:
Seriously I had also pretty much given up alcohol for a good 6 months prior due to health reasons and my weight had dropped significantly, not sure if this all contributed but when your ttc I think everything counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back