ovulation on clomid

MsVicki

Reaction score
Hello all (duplicaiton of post - I think I put the first in the wrong bit of the forum!)

Firstly, this is the first forum I have signed up to and reading some of the other posts I haven't got a clue what the abbreviations or lingo is so please can you bear this in mind if you are able to reply!
So, I am 38 years old, never had any kids or been pregnant. Have been TTC (that's the only lingo I know!) for a few years but my cycles went bonkers last year, sometimes being up to 60+ days long. Had some acupuncture and homeopathy and for whatever reason, my cycles returned to between 28 and 32 days long.
I have a consultant gynae at present and have had tests done including a hysterosalpingogram and my hubby has had all clear on his sperm test. So, I'm on Clomid and have been for 3 cycles now. My cycles have now reduced to 23/24 days for these three cycles and I've had positive ovulation kit tests on day 14/15. BUT, I've had day 21 progesterone tests to see if I've ovulated and the last one showed a reading of 11, which the gynae thinks is showing the 'tail end' of my ovulation, so next month she wants me to have a blood test on day 17. Given my cycle lengths she thinks I am ovulating around about day 10 to take into account the 14 day post ovulation - pre period reckoning. But the ovulation test says day 15 so I'm confused - how can this be?? From day 15 onwards till my period I get really sore breasts which is annoying cause I know this can also be a sign of pregnancy but it never is for me!
Also, I am worried I don't have the optimum cervical fluid that sperm like ie egg white so is there anything I can do about this?
I've got another 3 months on Clomid abd am trying to get an appt with the gynae to ask her to explain the above but this could be weeks

So to summarise, I'm wondering:

1. What do you think about me having positive ovulation tests on day 14/15 of 23/24 day cyles?
2. what can I do or use as a sperm friendly lubricant?

I'd REALLY appreciate any advice. x

Hey Hun I don't have much help but to try and poss do the deed day 9-16 everyother day or poss every day of you can manage. Also I've heard pre seed is very very good!!!

I am sorry I don't have
Much help but I want to wish you all the best x x x x

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply. Not heard of pre seed so will check it out - thanks a lot. Vicki x
:dance:

Boots sell a sperm friendly lubrication it is called Sasmar Conceive Plus and it costs around £15 I have been using it as I dont always have alot of CM (cervical mucas) and I find it helps, its a lot more watery then normal lube. My other tip would be the same as what Smess said after your period you should have sex every other day (hence the need for the lube) by doing it that way you wont miss OV day regardless of when it is x

im a clomid lady!

Im on my 3rd cycle 50 mg from days 2_6.

Ive ovulated the last 2 months as blood test was 120 oand 165!

also dont worry i ovulate later now on clomid day 14/16 and i have 28 cycles.

i brought pre seed only used it once its messy!!

Hiya not sure if this helps but... from what Ive found out.... it can take 12-36 hrs after lh surge to ovulate, it can take up to 12 days for a fertilised egg to embed so...(this is approx) so you could infact have a period 10 days+ after ovulation. Does that make sense? Hope it helps put your mind at rest there is no "normal" is there :-> big hug and lots of luck xxx ps thanks for lubricant tip xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back