Acid reflux? Feeding problems HELP

KJL

Reaction score
Layla is now 11 wks and for the past week she's developed some issues when feeding. When she takes the bottle she feeds for a few seconds then turns her head away and cries, this goes on and on until she's finished the bottle. I know it's not becuase she's not hungry as when she's had enough she spits the milk out or spits the bottle out. She seems really frustrated and uncomfortable. She kicks her legs about and grumbles and often has bad wind at the moment. I'm wondering if she's got acid reflux? She isn't sick often but it does seem she is uncomfortable when drinking.

She's on aptimal 1

just to add, she also has hiccups a lot

Hi,

just because she dosen't vomit, doesn't mean she can't have silent reflux. I don't know much about it but there are some ladies on here that have lo's with it.

I think that maybe your lo could be suffering from colic, but hey it could still be a sign of acid reflux.

xxx

My LO does it all the time. Im POSITIVE thats trapped wind. Sit her up and literally rub her back for half an hour. If she gets that trapped wind up she'll relax and drink comfortably. Its a nightmare but just keep trying and trying till she brings it up. may need to burp a couple times.

My son always burps after a bottle but i always have to keep winding him at the end coz i no he'll have more and then that often causes the same reactions as your LO when hes due the next feed.

Good luck! :)

Sage said:
My LO does it all the time. Im POSITIVE thats trapped wind. Sit her up and literally rub her back for half an hour. If she gets that trapped wind up she'll relax and drink comfortably. Its a nightmare but just keep trying and trying till she brings it up. may need to burp a couple times.

My son always burps after a bottle but i always have to keep winding him at the end coz i no he'll have more and then that often causes the same reactions as your LO when hes due the next feed.

Good luck! :)

We wind her a lot as well and even when she brings up the wind she still carries on with the crying and going rigid which is making me think that there is something else. I know what you mean about the burping after a bottle, sometimes I sit for 30mins or more winding her as I'm convinced there's more in there :roll: This behaviour is quite new though and she really seems to be distressed however much I wind her :wall: I feel like she's in pain and it's really upset me and my hubby tonight. It took me 2 hrs to settle her after feeding and she's just fallen asleep (I think due to exhaustion after all the crying!). I think I may try switching to the easy digest milk and see if that helps :think:

I wouldnt still be suprised if it is wind. You not alone my son does it all the time. sounds like colic to me hun. Its heartbreaking theres nothing you can do until it passes. I use cow and gate comfort and after about a week he was a different child. He still gets the odd "colic spasms" but its not 3/4 times a day like it use to be. :hug:

Sage said:
I wouldnt still be suprised if it is wind. You not alone my son does it all the time. sounds like colic to me hun. Its heartbreaking theres nothing you can do until it passes. I use cow and gate comfort and after about a week he was a different child. He still gets the odd "colic spasms" but its not 3/4 times a day like it use to be. :hug:

I just switched to Aptimal easy digest and she took the whole bottle with no crying :dance: She even took 2 extra ozs and has been playing and smiling since :D I'm hoping that it isn't just a fluke and she genuinely seems to be better on it. I've bought some infant gaviscon as well to try if the seems distressed again...fingers crossed the easy digest helps :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back