Absolutely exhausted!!

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Hi girls

Sorry I've not been on much recently, had a busy few days.

I've not had much energy either. I can barely get to the shop across the street without feeling like I've run a marathon!! Its not just the extreme exhaustion, its the really painful legs and feet if I'm standing or walking for more than a few minutes.

I had a growth scan today and asked the mw, she said the exhaustion is normal for the third trimester, and the pain is because of fluid and extra weight.
But it really doesn't help matters lol.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can manage a little better?
I did an hour long photo shoot the other night and thought I was gona collapse!!

So any tips would be very much appreciated xox

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

How are your iron levels? I found by taking iron tablets I've felt sooo much better! But my levels are poo which I already knew but I need to get them up before I get to full term!

im struggling with this also and can totally relate to the sore feet and legs when standing for more than 5 minutes. my midwife put me on iron tablets and they have helped massively although im still having trouble but i just put that down to the extra weight and just being pregnant. maybe discuss some iron tablets with ur midwife or get her to check ur levels? xxx

My iron levels aren't great but I'm taking tablets. Have been for about a month or more.
Its only got this bad over the last 5 or so days x

I find wearing flip flops or really or shoes doesn't help, a little incline of some sort makes things much more comfortable, I'm a hairdresser so I know all about standing for long periods, all I do is shift my weight as often as poss and sit down when ever I can too xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3mlccy

My midwife suggested spatone it's a liquid supplement you add to fruit juice she suggested fresh orange and it doesn't have the same effect as iron tablets! So far so good although you have to pay for it! Each dose is the equivalent to 2lb spinach!

I take spatone every day too lol. But my doc gave it to me on prescription.
I've also come out of heels as I'd not be able to cope in them anymore. And I wear shoe inserts to support my feet while I'm walking (I have arthritis so have always worn these anyway)

I think this is just something I'm gona have to just put up with til LO makes an appearance - fun times lol x

I know what you mean! its like being back in tri 1 when I could have slept 24/7! except now theres the aches and pains to!

Am also taking spatone got it on prescription because the iron tablets made me so ill!

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I've found that I've had to go for a nap once a day now - only for an hour and it really helps. I feel so much better in the evening for it. X

I know how you feel hun.... I a absolutely exhausted, so much so I am questioning weather I am going to last another 7 weeks at work....

I think our LOs are due a growth spurt now so maybe that is what is sucking all our energy!! xx

Tiredness is why I had to finish work earlier than I planned. Bonus being that my Annual Leave runs April to March so I had full years hol to use meaning ML still doesn't start until planned. Have to go for wee hour snooze every afternoon but def feel loads better after and keeps me going until bed time.

Have been wearing crocs flip flops for last 10 days. Not the prettiest of footwear but comfortable and have support too. Put my trainers on Monday evening for first time to walk the dog and tops of feet came out feeling all bruised. Flip flops for next number of weeks me thinks. Bring back sunshine or I'm gonna look stupid lol

Today, 09:17 AM * #11
I know how you feel hun.... I a absolutely exhausted, so much so I am questioning weather I am going to last another 7 weeks at work....

I think our LOs are due a growth spurt now so maybe that is what is sucking all our energy!! xx

Im exactly the same, though luckily I have to use up my annual leaves so I only have another 3 weeks left to work.
Im counting the days though, because I find it so draining just now and by the end of my shift my ankles are swollen and my feet feel as though they are on fire!

Oh really? Yeah maybe that's it then.

At my growth scan yesterday, the mw said my baby weighs 3.5lbs - big fatty lol.

It really is like being back in tri 1, minus the sickness. I could go to bed and stay there til I go into labour lol.

I have some photo shoots booked over the next few weeks, but I might not book any more after that and just chillax for the last few weeks before baby arrives. I feel like such a moan but I am really struggling lol xx

Dont be daft, you're not moaning. Walking around is hard enough being pregnant without having to contend with arthritis in your your feet normally anyway. I'm knackered from working sitting behind my desk most days let alone having the energy to be on my feet and 'energised' for a photoshoot.

If your body is telling you to slow down then you must, it'll be no good for you or LO if you go into labour knackered - Sounds like I'm nagging - ha ha!

Hopefully this weekend you can put your feet up and catch up on some well deserved rest.
xx

I love all u girls lol!! Its so nice to have people who understand how tiring it is to be pregnant lol.

My husband said to me yesterday 'stop waddling' while we were walking into the hospital and I was like 'are u effing serious?!' Lol. X

I might have to see if I can get it on prescription then if some others can!did you get it from the dr or midwife? Then my mum might be able to get it too!!!

I've come over tired all of a sudden today!also I received a letter from the hospital saying I should be takig 2 not 1 iron tablets a day!!!!!!

I found that I was really exhausted and in a lot of pain a few weeks ago, but I actually feel more energetic and comfortable now. So it can get better! I think the only advice is to listen to your body - if you're exhausted, it's probably your body saying that you need to slow down and rest. But I know how frustrating it can be.

thinking of you xx

p.s I have adopted a full on waddle now because my thighs rub against each other in the heat and it really hurts!

My husband said to me yesterday 'stop waddling' while we were walking into the hospital and I was like 'are u effing serious?!' Lol. X

LOL!! Well my hubby keeps going on about how tired he is.... I get that he works long hours but I am carry a child and I don't complain about being tired!!xx

Jayjay can't believe ur husband told u to stop waddling!! I'd have killed him. Does he not realise that waddling comes with pregnancy? Carrying extra weight naturally makes it a lot harder to walk. I was taking dog for a walk other day and said to DH I'm away to waddle round this. He just said that wen he met me he never thought I'd ever say I was waddling. Sometimes I can walk ok, others def not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back