A hot bath every day

Sylvie

Reaction score
Do you think it's all right to have hot baths so often? It's the only thing that helps with my really bad backache... and warm is not enough relief :(
I am wondering because tonight baby was moving like mad before I went in the bath and he's gone all quiet now... I guess I shouldn't complain as his wriggling added to intense tightenings (felt for the first time tonight) was a bit too much :wall:

its not advised to have hot baths ever when your pregnant, it stops baby regulating their temperature. maybe apply heat packs to your back?

i suffered bad back so i know its horrible, i went for massages and that helped alot

In first tri especially its advised to not have hot baths and raise your core body temp as its not good for baby and development in some areas iirc.

In other tris I'd still not go overly hot as it will raise your body temp which is not advised in pregnancy overall as I understand it. Chances are the water does not cover your bump anyways, so LO might not notice too much.

Depends also what you consider hot really? If your skin goes red/pink then I'd say thats too hot. I'd personally not sit in a bath while PG that does that to me. If it does not colour you but is hot enough to help your back ache then I'd guess it was ok.

If you have backache have your tried rocking on all fours? Maybe your LO is lying awkwardly and chunks of time spent on all fours often gets them to change position to something more comfy for you.

Or use a hot water bottle on your back instead.

paradysso said:
its not advised to have hot baths ever when your pregnant, it stops baby regulating their temperature. maybe apply heat packs to your back?

Ah thats the bit I was missing in my reply. Thank you :) Baby unable to regulate their temp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back