Bath!

shootingstar22

Reaction score
Ok so I just had a bath but am now worried as it was really hot. Theast couple of baths weren't warm enough so I allowed a little more heat as I knew it would cool and I can just about fill the bath before the hot runs out. Anyway when I put my foot in I was like
wow that's hot, usually my foot will adapt after a fee seconds, bit it didn't. So I added a bit
more cold and trie again. It was still quite got but decided to just bung myself in as I didn't want to make my bah cold.

Anway I ended up having to pour cold water on my head to cool me down as I was feeling over heated.

Now I'm worried I've hurt babe by having a ok hot bath!!! Anyone else had a too hot bath, or been worried about this?x

To be honest, I think it's just so that you don't overheat and go faint or cause a change in blood pressure.
I don't think it hurts bubs, and I don't know about you, but my bump sticks out of the water anyway!
I'm sure if there was something wrong, baby would let you know.
I'm about to go and run myself a lovely hot bath with some of my bathbombs I got from Lush for christmas, so I hope that's the only reason, anyway!

I had a super hot bath a week or so ago, had to keep a cold flannel for my face and keep my feet out to try nd cool down, still sweat like a pig for ages after though! I was ok,and bubs was happy enough after so didn't worry. Juat keep hydrated and aware of movement and if your worried get in touch with mw but i'm sure all will be fine :hugs: x

i really dont think it should affect baby women having been having babies for 100 of years and people are pregnant in heatwaves and the babies still seem to be fine

I've had hot baths all the way thru my pregnancy...not keen on showers and can't relax in warm water. It hasn't done me any harm,I think the main thing is not to let baby overheat but since 90% of my bump is out of the water now I can't see how it makes a lot of difference. Aslong as u don't keep the water hot and let it cool down then it's fine xx

I had hot baths all the way through and George is fine, occasionally worried about this esp after going to a spa and sitting in a heated outdoor pool for ages but hasn't done any harm, in fact the hot baths helped my back much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back