A few questions I should probably get out of the way

You'll heal up in no time, and it will all be a distant memory!!

Some maybe a bit TMI...
1. The first poo... Does it really hurt? I'm dying to go, but terrified of it hurting!
2. I've noticed a bit of like... Orange gooey stuff on my pad a couple of times... Is that normal or possible infection?
3. A bit silly maybe but I'm really nervous about having a bath. I'm kinda worried that the soap in the water will cause problems with the stitches or even just soaking in the water. Has anyone ever had any problems with that or am I just being silly? :blush: (All of my stitches are internal but I'm still worried)

I think that's it :/ I'll post again if I think of anything else lol xx

Haven't read everyones replies yet but thought I'd reply first with my answers :)

1. Well I couldn't go at all, ended up having to take something to help loosen me up, I'm still not quite right but its helping :) I'm not going to lie the first time hurt a bit, but it's not that bad, it's mainly the bruises that hurt rather than the stitches. Oh and cus I'm super lucky I have piles too, so they caused me a bit of pain too
If you find it's painful it might be worth loosening yourself up too....i think the stuff I got is lactoease or something along those lines from the pharmacy, it's a liquid, it's been really good, doesn't make you go all the time just makes things softer :)

2. I've not had anything like that, so I'm not sure Hun, might be worth asking the mw

3. Oh Hun go and run a bath right now and jump on in :) I've found baths are the best things ever for helping me recover, I've been having one every day sometimes two a day :) it really helps to soothe everything, and helps keep your stitches clean
I had just a plain bath the first few days then had bubbles from about day 4
I'd say baths are one of the best things I've done for recovery, they soothe everything, keep things clean and give you a chance to have a little relax :)

Hold a sanitary towel against your stitches when you poo helps loads. I used my Lo's baby products for a couple of weeks and had no problems and doesn't sting.

and i thought i was the only one to do this haha. Yeah it really does help... it never hurt. xxx

The orange stuff that they rub on you before an op etc is iodine :) It kills the germies

I used lactolose (sp) and drank a lot of fresh orange juice also helped absorb the iron from the iron tablets :lol:

I showered or didnt wash my hair when I was in the bath for the first few days. I also used AJ's bath stuff :)

Thanks girls, midwife today said that the orange stuff was he disinfectant, i did a poo last night and was actually fine... and midwife said that washing myself and my hair in the bath is fine just make sure i rinse myself off well afterwards :) xx

what about dry shampoo? i know not ideal but it might bive you stitches time to heal and the like?

The midwife said it's fine 'cause they're all internal :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back