A few questions I should probably get out of the way

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Some maybe a bit TMI...
1. The first poo... Does it really hurt? I'm dying to go, but terrified of it hurting!
2. I've noticed a bit of like... Orange gooey stuff on my pad a couple of times... Is that normal or possible infection?
3. A bit silly maybe but I'm really nervous about having a bath. I'm kinda worried that the soap in the water will cause problems with the stitches or even just soaking in the water. Has anyone ever had any problems with that or am I just being silly? :blush: (All of my stitches are internal but I'm still worried)

I think that's it :/ I'll post again if I think of anything else lol xx

Ok calm down :) I haven't any idea about the second question but hopefully someone else can help. As for pooing, I was terrified lol but it wasn't that bad! Having a bath, I was told not to put any bubble bath or anything in it, I just had salt baths. Do your stitches hurt? If they do get some arnica tablets, I swear they saved my sanity, I was only sore for about a week they helped the healing and then for about two weeks I only had slight discomfort sitting certain ways.

Thank you hunni! What about like, after washing hair and stuff when the bubbles end up in the water :/ Stitches aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be but I've been prescribed a lot of painkillers so they're probably helping a lot :) xx

Hold a sanitary towel against your stitches when you poo helps loads. I used my Lo's baby products for a couple of weeks and had no problems and doesn't sting.

I would have a shower after my bath to wash my hair that way I wasn't sitting in the bubbles!

I would do that except we don't have a shower... Guess I'll just leave it to the very last minute so I'm sitting there for minimal time :) x

I was gonna suggest the shower thing, that's what I did. Baths were just to relax in lol try the baby products though, they're a lot more delicate so should be fine x

1 - Yes its agony, I found it impossible to push, my muscles were useless, so couldn't get anything out, MW gave me stuff (soz cant mind what) to soften it up.

2 - Never experienced orangy stuff, only lots of blood and clumps.

3 - Try not to use any soap or bubble bath at all in the bath for a couple of weeks, just in case. And I found lukewarm water better.

:)

1 - Yes its agony, I found it impossible to push, my muscles were useless, so couldn't get anything out, MW gave me stuff (soz cant mind what) to soften it up.

You can get DulcoEase from Boots, it's a softener rather than a laxative so will make it a bit easier. I remember feeling like I had to hold everything 'together' the first time but it was actually fine!
You could ask the midwife/HV about the orange discharge just in case?

could the orange discharge be the disinfectant they use in surgery? hope youre feeling a bit better

I didn't know they did lol was completely under but I guess it could be...... xx

The stuff used during surgery is a nasty horrible colour of yellow and its a very thin substance and kinda sticks to u if that makes sense. It'll be normal anyway, try not 2 worry! Is ur MW still coming every day?

well i had a section but they put orange stuff all over my bump which was there until i showered, i guess if you had internal stitches theyd put some inside which might cause the discharge? only my little theory, i think its prob still best to mention it to the midwife :flower:

no she didn't come today so this is the "day after discharge" visit if you get me... and yehh the disinfectant theory makes sense :) will double check anyways though xx

Do they still come out every day for the first 10 days at home? Thats what they did with my 1st, i'm gonna start a wee thread about it soon, see what people's experiences are with MW - esp with 2nd.

I don't think so.... As far as I know it's the day after discharge, then 10 days... And thats it.... But I could be wrong x

My midwife stayed for longer but that was because she was a bit concerned about my scar. If they feel you need longer then then can come see you everyday or every other day. Midwives can only come out for the first 28 days though.

Salt baths are amazing for the healing process. I didnt have stiches but a csection scar and it wasnt sore or anything when I was in the bath. I just used salt and nothing else. Maybe just for a few days you could wash your hair over the side of the bath? Might stop any possible infection.

That's a good idea August Mum I hadn't thought of that... Can always get OH to help if I struggle... So salt bath, strip wash and hair over the side... Sounds like a lot of fuss! lol The things we go through :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back