Right hip giving way!

KJL

Reaction score
For the past two days my right hip/inner thigh keeps literally giving way :? It's agony! I'm walking along and then...boom...it goes and collapses! I know it's normal to have hip/pelvic pain but this is getting silly and getting worse! I haven't had any problems all through pregnancy so I'm wondering why now :? It's now hurting even sitting down in my right groin and lower back. I assume it has something to do with baby maybe engaging fully? Walking is becomming a bit hazardous and risky but I'm not sure if I can manage sitting in bed all wk until my induction on fri :( I have an old hip injury on my right side (in my sacoilliac joint) but it's been totally fine up until now. Do I grin and bare it and stay in bed or should I do something about it? I'm worried it may cause some issues during labour?

i would think its from the babies head dropping even lower, but maybe worth mentioning to MW to see what she says

Get in touch with your midwife. I have a very sexy tubigrip to wear from just under my bust to my hips to keep me going until I see the physio. The tubigrip holds me together so I am in a lot less pain. My midwife carries them round with her in case someone needs them :D Maybe yours could give you one. It also works as a thermal vest :rotfl:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back