• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

61% of pregnant British women drink whilst pregnant...true?

I didn't drink whilst pregnant. But I don't usually dink much anyway, bar a night out a few week ago lol

I agree a white wine and lemonade in a tall glass with ice is very different to a glass of wine alone. And if people enjoy an occasional drink that's their business and no one else's xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wni1az

I agree a white wine and lemonade in a tall glass with ice is very different to a glass of wine alone. And if people enjoy an occasional drink that's their business and no one else's xx

---

We're not saying its everyone's business. But the fact that even if it is white wine mixed with lemonade, its still alcohol, no matter what way u dress it up.

What I'm saying is that I can't think of a good enough excuse for me to allow any alcohol to pass to my baby, so for my baby's own health, I'm staying well away. Its not a big sacrifice for me at all, and if I did drink and something happened, I'd never forgive myself x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Maclean is right if you were a heavy drinker before becoming pregnant cutting it out completely is very dangerous and you are at risk to a heart attack. Being an alcoholic is an addiction so should be treated as so I think society is far too niave about this.
It's personal choice, a proper drink to me would be say a few glasses on a Friday/Saturday night with hubby. I haven't done this since February so therefore that's what my 'proper drink' would be :)

These subjects always get heated ;) but what about those who eat all the things were told not to! Each to there own :)

---

We're not saying its everyone's business. But the fact that even if it is white wine mixed with lemonade, its still alcohol, no matter what way u dress it up.

What I'm saying is that I can't think of a good enough excuse for me to allow any alcohol to pass to my baby, so for my baby's own health, I'm staying well away. Its not a big sacrifice for me at all, and if I did drink and something happened, I'd never forgive myself x

I agree x

Maclean is right if you were a heavy drinker before becoming pregnant cutting it out completely is very dangerous and you are at risk to a heart attack. Being an alcoholic is an addiction so should be treated as so I think society is far too niave about this.
It's personal choice, a proper drink to me would be say a few glasses on a Friday/Saturday night with hubby. I haven't done this since February so therefore that's what my 'proper drink' would be :)

These subjects always get heated ;) but what about those who eat all the things were told not to! Each to there own :)

I do agree that it would be dangerous, but I think that may be an alcoholic shouldn't really be having a child if they have such a harmful addiction?
I admit that I have eaten foods that are thought to be risks during pregnancy, but those are pretty much avoided if the food is cooked properly and from a reputable source. I still wouldn't eat foods like pate etc though.

I think it's good to know other peoples opinions on sensitive subjects, as you find out more about it x

Just to be devils advocate (these are not my opinions).
Feeling the way you do about alcohol (any amount), do you feel the same about ladies who have diamorphine or pethidine in labour, knowing that it also crosses the placenta, and is a strong opiate??? xx

Feeling the way you do about alcohol (any amount), do you feel the same about ladies who have diamorphine or pethidine in labour, knowing that it also crosses the placenta, and is a strong opiate??? xx

Good question!!
And just to let it be known to others I'm not. Heavy drinker or alcoholic pre-pregnancy!! Xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?un5bvo

Good ponit. It's a tricky one, as yes it is an opiate so could potentially be harmful. Having said that, many medications could be harmful during pregnancy. It's never really been studied as far as I'm aware, so I suppose it's hard to know what the effects are. I suppose it's to some degree safer than drinking or taking other harmful substances, as they are controlled and measured to an exact, safe dose and is used specifically for pain. If it was harmful I suppse it wouldn't be a commonly used drug during labour, so maybe the benefits far outway the cons? I really don't know, I think it's a question that you could talk about all day.

Good question!!
And just to let it be known to others I'm not. Heavy drinker or alcoholic pre-pregnancy!! Xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?un5bvo

Nobody was suggesting you are.. x

Last edited:
I've put in my birth plan that I'd rather not have diamorphine specifically because of the effects it has on baby. I'm going to try gas and air and if I can't cope, I'll ask for an epidural. But I'd rather not have diamorphine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back