6 weeks PRG, and concerned about performing....

cristi

Reaction score
This might sound a little unusual... but here goes.
My partner is in a 'heavy metal' band, and occasionally I have performed with them as a vocalist, but it is not what most would call 'singing'. I have a very unfeminine sounding scream or growl, which is very desirable for that style of music. We are planning a show within a few weeks in which I would only be performing one song with the group. I am concerned about my baby... is it potentially dangerous to do this while pregnant?? please help!!!

You'll be fine as long as you don't do any crowd surfing, moshing, or slamming things around the stage. And limit yourself to only one song, because the growling that goes with kind of music can be very tiring and you may find yourself getting tired a lot quicker. I know I used to be in a Kittie cover band when I was in high school. I wasn't PG then but I can imagin how tired I would have gotten. I still sing a long to Kittie songs and get tired after only two song. Just make sure you don't overdo it. And also no drinking and no smoking and ask the band that they not smoke around you either. Let your doctor know that you plan on preforming just that he knows. Have Fun.

thank you for your reply, that is very helpful!! I will make sure to run it by the doctor, just to be safe! I will just do that one song and get off the stage, it is a really easy song and I only sing during the choruses:
www.myspace.com/cutthroatmusic "should you ever burn"
thanks alot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back