Concerned About Lack of Weight Gain?

mdsremos

Reaction score
I know this may sound strange but I am a little concerned as I havent put on much weight throughout my pregnancy. Due to a pre-eclampsia scare we had a scan last week (33wks) and baby is approximately 5lb 6oz and although I am not a slim person (usually a size 16-18) I have only put on 10lbs so far.

My bump is the correct size as per the midwifes measurements and I have been feeling baby move since 16 weeks which really amazed me and now he can be felt really easily as he is very high up in my uterus and is such a wriggler.

I did mention it to one of the midwives when I was admitted last week to hospital for a week but she seemed to think that baby had taken alot of nutrients which means I have probably lost some of the weight I put on and I will probably put more on now until the birth.....saying that I came out of hospital having lost 2lbs even though I ate everything they put in front of me!

Anyone else been in this situation???

A friend of mine was exactly the same and lost weight throughout her pregnancy.

Apparently the heavier you are pre-conception the less weight you need to gain if you see what i mean.

I'm average weight and apparently should gain between 21-28 lbs although i've gone over but some lighter than me should gain 28-35lb and someone heavier 14-21lb if that makes sense (taken from Miriam Stoppard)

As long as the baby is healthy i wouldb't worry unless you're feeling unwell.

xxx

hun as long as baby is a good weight dont worry on my first child i was same size as you and only put on a stone and 4 pound all the way through this time i started size 14 and ive gained loads more by time i have baby will prob have gained 3 stone :shock: xxxx

Hi Honey,

I wouldnt worry I think it is as they say the baby is drawing its nutrients from you. My Aunt was a size 12 before pregnancy she has lost that much weight she is now 6 to and 8 as all her pregnancys (3) took weight off her :lol: :lol:

you are probably carrying all baby.

Take care

Sarah

My pre-pregnancy size is about 10-12 and I have lost weight through out my entire pregnancy!! I lost a total of about 15lbs from the beginning until the present and the baby is now weighing approx. 6lbs. It is normal for me not put on any weight during my pregnancies in fact I do nothing but loose weight the whole time so we were expecting this. MW is not concerned because the baby is growing and although she maybe a peanut she's still healthy. People ask me all the time where am I hiding the baby because there is virtually no belly and believe you me the baby's living quarters are getting awfully tight!!! So I wouldn't worry to much as long as you are taking care of yourself i.e. eating and resting and the baby is growing then there should be no worries!! :wink: :wink:
Look at it like this less to loose after the baby is born!! :D :D

xoxo Ree

Im 33 weeks pregnant and i had allready gained 2 st at 5 months i was a 14 when i got pregnant not im in a 18 -20 full of strech marks im not really worried though because im gonna start a diet as soon as flump is born and maybe start a strict exercise regeme. I have known many different shapes and sizes throughout pregnancy i know of someone who actually lost a lot of weight in pregnancy and my future sister in law gained 7 st speak to your midwife about it if your worried. You should be fine.

Don't worry hun baby is good size it's just less to loose after.

I lost weight at the beginning cos of morning sickness and after baby was born i weighed 7lb more than before i was pregnant and was back in my jeans within 2 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back