8 week scan shows 6 weeks and no heartbeat, worried

ClaireC said:
Hi everyone,

I'm afraid things didn't work out well for me.

The scan on Tuesday showed no growth, the hematoma was bigger and the corpus luteum had disappeared. I'd already started cramping and losing blood that very day so the scan just confirmed it. When I saw my OB the next day he warned me that from the look of the scan, leaving things to take their course was likely to last weeks. I just couldn't handle that idea, so he organised a D&C for that evening. It was all very humane, in a nearby hospital with nice staff. My OB did the op himself and I was back home within 3 hours. Today I feel empty physically and mentally, but definitely think the D&C was the right choice for me. We'll try again in a few months when my body has settled down.

I wanted to thank all of you for your good wishes and to say to anyone who comes across this post looking for answers to their own personal dilemma that just because it didn't work out for me it doesn't mean that you should be pessimistic for yourself. No matter how much you research your situation you'll find differences of opinion, different statistics and different outcomes. There's plenty of situations like this that have happy endings, I hope yours does.

xxx

Very sorry to hear that Claire, wanted to pass on lots of hugs!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back