6 weeks....nearly

Nottarts

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've just joined having read so many useful updates. I'm approaching 6 weeks and so happy! Quite nervous though and being a pecimist doesn't help! I went to the doc on Friday afternoon and he said I would hear from the midwife to make an appointment (still waiting). I was so surprised he didn't do any tests to give me a confirmed "you are def pregnant" message. I told him I had two positive home tests and he talked me through some of the effects of pregnancy and that was is - is this normal? I thought they would have wanted to confirm it quickly and start monitoring me from the earliest opportunity. My boobs are soooo sore and I'm completely tired and useless from about 2pm onwards and I get an achy sort of feeling like a period pain fair regularly. If anyone could put my mind at rest, I'd be so pleased to hear from you. Thanks x

I only ever had 1 pg test done by gp and that was wiv my 1st. Never had any of my other pregnancies confirmed,a positive is a positive. Ihavent even seen my gp this time,i rang and receptionist just gave me a number 4 mw and said if i was happy about it then there was no need 4 doc to see me unless i had any probs xxx Congrats btw xx

I too haven't had it confirmed. I don't think they need to. I have my first midwife appointment this Friday when I will be 10 weeks.

As for the pains, I got period type pains on an off and they seemed to just stop a couple of weeks ago. I still get the odd period pain type twinge. I assume it is completely normal!

Hi and welcome! Gp's don't do tests anymore as the home tests are very reliable! You should hear from midwife about 8 weeks for your booking in app but all
areas are different! Pains and twinges are completly normal too!
Congrats on your pregnancy x x

i rang docs said i was pregnant and they just booked me in with midwife who i didnt see til i was 13 weeks for booking in coz they were soooo slow, but she didnt do a pregnancy test, it was only til the scan that i guess it was 'confirmed' that yes... there is a baby in there xx

hey nottarts, congratulations! I'm 9 weeks and three days with my first, and too was quite surprisedthat the doc didn't test to confirm, just asked if id tested, told him i had done three that all said the same thing and he was like 'well ur def pregnant then'!
Got my first mw app next tues then straight into the scan from there, cant wait to see for with my own eyes that its not imaginary, there really is a mini person brewing!!
Hope ur feeling well, keep us updated with how u get on x

Welcome and congrats

Yes don't worry, it seems a little light on care I know doesn't it, but you get lots more later on in the pregnancy.

Our docs need you to see the doctor, and they don't test they just work out your dates, and tell you when to book in with midwife 10 weeks onwards in my area. then you should get 12 week scan, 16 week midwife and 20 week scan, so something every 4 weeks or so.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I think I must be about a week behind you. I also thought it was strange with the doctors. I phoned up as soon as we found out last week and they haven't even booked me in to see the doctor til the 30th June (which is still a week earlier than the original appointment they gave me).
We were so excited and thought that we would be seen straight away.

I am getting the same symptoms as you, the very sore boobs!!! They feel so full and heavy!!! and the crampy pains in the stomach.

Its all so exciting!!! But i hate not being able to tell anyone yet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back