6 weeks and ms

Can u get income support if ur on a joint claim for JSA? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yeah from 29 weeks of pregnancy as your unfit for work then, you and your partner can claim income support up until the baby is 3 months old :) then your back onto a joint JSA claim but your partner signs for your both hehe so you can stay at home x

Can I just say working in care homes either nursing or residential isn't all bad. I've worked in social care for 14 years and yes have worked my way up, so don't work on the floor anymore however I do ensure risk assessments are implemented and staff are protected. As for mrsa and cdif it's all about your infection control practices and how you personally manage this.
You should not be doing any manual handling or people moving people and your risk assessment should say that. I understand personal care may make you feel Ill but you'll prob find if it wasn't that it would be something else.
I wouldn't go off sick tbh go to your employer and explain the situation if you can go in the kitchens or domestic duties. It's better than sitting around for nine months xx

Can I just say working in care homes either nursing or residential isn't all bad. I've worked in social care for 14 years and yes have worked my way up, so don't work on the floor anymore however I do ensure risk assessments are implemented and staff are protected. As for mrsa and cdif it's all about your infection control practices and how you personally manage this.
You should not be doing any manual handling or people moving people and your risk assessment should say that. I understand personal care may make you feel Ill but you'll prob find if it wasn't that it would be something else.
I wouldn't go off sick tbh go to your employer and explain the situation if you can go in the kitchens or domestic duties. It's better than sitting around for nine months xx

I wish you worked in all the ones I've worked for, Honestly one has been shut down from the lack of standards the staff were doing, quick jobs and shortcuts so they could sit on their arse all day I felt sorry for my residents half the time :(

Infection control was a joke at them all, they wouldn't buy gloves for us at one point I was fedup of this as its sick transferring germs all over the place. I was ever told to go into the yellow bins outside as a bag has brust inside once dropped in I noticed it and reported to manager to get her response to get into bin and bag up the waste. I was like OMG you do it! Luckily I never got made.

But you can see why I won't work in any of them ever again. to be used for minium wage and abused by nurses to do all the little work. I was hit and abused by residents and ignored when we complained.

Can u get income support if ur on a joint claim for JSA? X

Yeah from 29 weeks of pregnancy as your unfit for work then, you and your partner can claim income support up until the baby is 3 months old :) then your back onto a joint JSA claim but your partner signs for your both hehe so you can stay at home x

Thanks for the info :) x

i have only worked in the place 3 weeks and b4 this was working as a senior in a resdential home

b4 i started work we was getting housing benift and jsa i was.. my hubby works part time

its all random how they work things out. I tried to tell jobcentre a number of times as I was in a joint claim me getting part time work was pointless as it wouldn't support me and my partner they are so thick at times. Just wish my partner could find a full time job that paid decent money x everyone wants to employ part timers as its cheaper for them its disgusting x

just got a call of one of the nurses and her words I left them in the shit ! :-0 very profesional she said I cant be off from work for a week my gp adviced me 2 stay of 1 week and then go bk and see him ..she said if i was finding things difficult i should have spoke 2 her when i asked her about the kitchen she said no !!

Yeah see what I mean, noone wants to work for a shit wage and they hate paying agency nurses and careworkers. Hence why I ignored my phone handed in my uniform and quit :( x Sorry hun x

You just have to think it over is it a job you love and want to keep if not and baby is more important then tell them to stick job and apply for job seekers but don't tell them you quit say you got sacked as they don't pay you for ages x

When me and my OH had a joint JSA claim, they wouldn't give us income support, as they said it was basically the same thing and you're either entitled to one or the other. If you just walk out, they won't help you either as it was your choice to walk out of the job, rather than be sacked. Maybe you should just ask for domestic or kitchen work, as the way jobs are atm, it could be ages til you find another one, and you may get maternity pay.... I know it must be really shitty working there atm, but having an income must be a plus. And you'll have to prove you're actively looking for a new job, I just put down names of companies and said I'd applied... They get in touch with jobs they've suggested to you, to see if you've applied or not, and if you haven't they stop your money anyway.

just got a call of one of the nurses and her words I left them in the shit ! :-0 very profesional she said I cant be off from work for a week my gp adviced me 2 stay of 1 week and then go bk and see him ..she said if i was finding things difficult i should have spoke 2 her when i asked her about the kitchen she said no !!

Hi Hun bloody hell that's not sounding very professional at all!! I'm assuming this nurse isn't the manager in which case ignore her shes talking her out arse!!
Legally you can complete a self cert for one week. On your return request a meeting with manager , they should do a back to work interview anyway but just in case make sure you've got it booked. You have the right to put in a grievance about how you were spoken too as it is unacceptable. Also request your risk assessment to be reviewed and here you can mention the kitchens.
Good luck xx

When me and my OH had a joint JSA claim, they wouldn't give us income support, as they said it was basically the same thing and you're either entitled to one or the other. If you just walk out, they won't help you either as it was your choice to walk out of the job, rather than be sacked. Maybe you should just ask for domestic or kitchen work, as the way jobs are atm, it could be ages til you find another one, and you may get maternity pay.... I know it must be really shitty working there atm, but having an income must be a plus. And you'll have to prove you're actively looking for a new job, I just put down names of companies and said I'd applied... They get in touch with jobs they've suggested to you, to see if you've applied or not, and if you haven't they stop your money anyway.

Yeah my O/H and me stayed on JSA as he wanted to carry on looking for work but I got pardoned after 29 weeks. And after baby was born. x To be honest I left my job at the time as it would have killed me to carry on working myself into the ground having no money for food and look after myself it was a nightmare. Personally my own health was more important than a job.

Last edited:
Job Centres are buggers- they make it so hard!!

the op cant say she was sacked if it isnt true cause the job center will check and pregnancy isnt an illness so not many people get income support mainly single mothers with kids under 5.sick people get ESA!

the op cant say she was sacked if it isnt true cause the job center will check and pregnancy isnt an illness so not many people get income support mainly single mothers with kids under 5.sick people get ESA!

Yeah its not worth lying, they'll probably just take all the money back off you and stop any further payments..

I will probly get sacked any way as i am only on a 3 month trial I am sure they will come up with a reason to let me go

They will need to start bringing up concerns in your supervisions now if they are going to sack you. They are not allowed to bring you pg related sickness into your probation review. If they do get it all documented and see them on a tribunal for unfair dismissal!
You can't normally claim this if under 12 months service except if you are discriminated against.good luck keep us posted x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back