6 weeks and ms

mrz85

Reaction score
Hello almost 6 weeks and haveing morning sickeness I work In a nursing home where I have 2 do personal cares well the smell of the urine a fecus is makeing me worse :( would my go give me a sick note my left breast feels like its on fire is this normal thnxs

If your feeling sick and from work I would play up on it and try for a sick note but its up to you if you wanted to go on sick from working hun x

i only been in the job a month but I have offered 2 do soe other tasks like kitchen work as they need a kitchen worker and the care staff take it in turns but i was refused this

sorry to be blunt hun but I worked in three care home one of which has been shut down now lol. I had a fellow worker who got pregnant and because of the germs involved and all that she got signed off by the doctor as there was an outbreak of random illness and a few cases of C-diff wasn't pretty. I personally hated working at each of them as the nurses treated me like poo. I quit and walked out of the last one as I'd not slept and was being forced to come into work x (nights).

you got to think what you want to put first hunny work or baby x I'd see if you could maybe sign off work and claim benefits or something :S sounds like a crappy place if they aren't placing you away from the personal care side of things

yes t s horrible alot of the residents got chest infections n so on :( I just dont want 2 b there they stil asking me to do moving and handling which i sum times feel it s more weight than i shud be moving i just think my gp wont give me a sick note hope he does ..yes I get what ur saying about the nurses LOL

I think the GP would give you a note, especially if you are also feeling stressed out by what's happening. However, ms can last for quite a while, not sure if you'd get the entire time off. I take it work know you are pregnant?

they do yes no risk assment yet though ..

I know what you mean on the wieght side of things I moved residents in several homes using the wrong methods as the staff there were lazy and took shortcuts with everything. I feel sorry for people in homes x

my gp adviced me to self certifie for a week then go see him so wil do that but cant help feeling i am letting people down :( sighhhhhhhhhh

I'm a student nurse, and I'm dreading going back for these exact reasons!!

i signed myself off sick from my support worker job at 12 weeks as they said if i was being sick then i shouldnt come in as i wasnt fit for work. after that week i miraculously got a risk assessment done and got taken off the difficult jobs etc. then at 25 weeks i got pushed by a client and filled in an incident report and miraculously got moved to another house where i wasnt allowed to do anything but the ironing. now im on holiday til mat leave starts.

your not letting anyone down by looking out for yourself and if anything happens to you and they havent risk assessed your job u could sue. dont do it if u think its a risk, they cant make you and if they havent assessed it then its their fault and they havent got a leg to stand on really. if your still having bad sickness the doctor can sign you off work for as long as necessary too. you cannot be penalised for any sickness taken while pregnant either so your work just have to lump it!

I've been working on a ward where there has been multiple cases of C.diff and MRSA.. Also, they've had the portable x-ray machines on the ward fairly often, and was only told to stand off the ward the other day due to radiation (found out about stickybean after this) when other times I have been working fairly close to it, and been down to watch Patients have scans, xrays etc.

Will this affect my baby? Getting worried now, not even thought of this until now I'll be devastated if it has an affect :'( x

gp said if i aint better in a week 2 go see him

legally, your employer has an obligation to make sure your work will not put you or your babys health and safety at risk .

i think working in that sort of environment is classed as a risk, and your employer is supposed to offer alternative work if possible.
also, if you are working in a risky environment, your employer must do a risk assesment.

gave in my self certifed sick note will probly get the boot soon :-/

Sorry to say hun but you would be better off not working in a place like that while pregnant also money matters probably better off on dole till you can claim income support. I found I was x

Really ..wow well not all bad then

does your partner work? its all depends on if you have a partner, they work and how much its all mental. As me and my partner didn't work it worked out ok for us x

Can u get income support if ur on a joint claim for JSA? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back