6 weeks... lack of symptoms very worrying...

bex

Reaction score
I am 6 weeks pregnant, I found out 2 weeks ago. The first week I found out I felt VERY tired, a little sick off and on and my boobs felt tingly almost a throbbing feeling at night a couple of times. This week I am starting to worry as I am not feeling anything now, if I hadn't done 6 + tests I wouldn't dream I was pregnant. Is it poss for symptoms to just disappear and if I had lost the baby would I bleed or have any symptoms to tell me this had happened. Was very tempted today to buy yet another test today but don't think I can keep doing this!!!!

Hi Bex

I know it's hard, but try not to worry - it's so early a lot of people don't start to get the 'typical' pregnancy symptoms until 8 weeks or so, and the symptoms do come and go - I remember when my morning sickness disappeared for a day I'd completely convinced myself that my pregnancy had died. It returned with a vengeance the next day and I was so relieved (for about 5 minutes then it was back to moaning about feeling crap!).

Even now I panic if I don't feel baby move for a few hours, so the worrying doesn't cease I'm afraid. The main thing is that it's totally normal for symptoms to come and go.

Congratulations on your pregnancy

LBxx

Hi Bex

I felt tired and a bit off colour when I got my BFP but I didn't morning sickness until about 9 wks and then it was only very slight and was in the evenings.

Easier said than done but try not to worry - I was also concerned by my lack of symptoms but the more people I speak to I realise that each pregnancy is very different and you might be one of the lucky ones that doesn't get the sickness at all!

Lucy
23 + 1

Hi Bex,

Like the others have said try and not worry, very difficult as it is, I worry about most things (always have!) but if (God forbid) something terrible happened you would know about it.

My morning sickness and symptons started at about 5/6 weeks and they still haven't gone. Had to go to the docs. today coz i'm about to have a break down with my blooming headaches :lol: also found out that i've got a urinary infection which isn't helping matters! I've also had bleeding gums, extreme tiredness, need to wee every two mins., backaches and spots, so believe me hun you really don't want to have the pregnancy symptons, they really are poo! (or lack of it - if you know what i mean :oops: :lol: )

It's weird tho. at first I liked having sore boobs and nausea :!: etc coz it made things seem real but it's gone on so long now the novelty has well and truly worn off!

Everyone is different with their pregnancies, I know of people that had no signs or symptons whatsoever (my mum for one) with all their pregnancies ( one of my friends didn't even know she was PG until gone 10 weeks!) and others that have suffered for the whole nine months so please don't worry.

Have you seen the doc yet? or have you got an appointment with a midwife?

Let us know how you're doing.

Take Care.

Nicki.x

Thanks for all your replies. I haven't seen my doctor yet, have been thinking about making an appointment in a week or so but didn't think i should go too early.

I'm sure I am just being paranoid but you can't help worrying and sometimes it just doesn't feel real! It's silly really because I hope that I don't get the sickness so I should as you say hope I'm one of the lucky ones.... fingers crossed!

Bex

Good luck and keep us posted with how the pregancy is going - you'll find loads of support on this forum and sometimes it's great to chat to other girls in the same boat when your friends / partner can't understand!

LBxx

Hi Bex,

I have had very few symptoms and was also convinced something was wrong. Like you, I was tired the first week or so, then nothing. I too also bought tests about 2 weeks after I found out cause I was so paranoid.

I had a wee bit of sickness week 9 into week 10 and that was it, I was so worried about going for my 12 week scan but I had it on Tuesday and everything was as it should be, so try to take it easy and relax, everything will be fine.

Lx

Thanks everyone, again.

I take it all back though, today feeling very sick, my stomache is also sooo bloated I'm having trouble keeping my jeans zipped up!!! All the doubts have well and truely gone.... for now at least!!! :D

Hi Bex
I'm 5/6 weeks preg. & I've very few symptoms yet. Boobs only starting to get sore & only if I touch them.Get bouts of tiredness that comes & goes. Slightly off food at times of day, v unusual for me. I feel same , need symtoms to be stonger just so I'll really know. You would deff. know if you had lost baby, so you haven't it's still there. Whn r u getting scanned?
Lorrie xx :)

Hi,
I have an appointment at docs on Monday so will find out about scan then, think I will prob pay to have one done before the 12 week one just to put my mind at rest. when are you having yours?

Hi Bex I have my first scan 24th Oct , I'm getting scanned early because I had m/c b4 & to double check my dates.

Lorrie xx

hi bex i hope the scan went well for u! im 10 wks now and i never had any symtoms apart from sore boobs, my tiredness isnt as bad as before and i occassionily have headaches! i feel fine and im quite worried coz i never had nausea either! im waiting for my midwife to contact me this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back