6 week scan.

Westonp

Reaction score
Just had a 6 week scan and told that have a growing yolk sack but nothing else. Have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan, it doesn't look good though. Anybody had this before with a positive outcome?

it can swing both ways i know ppl that had this and it all turned out ok and also the other like myself that it didnt turn out ok for, fingers crossed for u that it turns out ok xxx

Fingers tossed for u Hun, I was in exactly the same situation in December. My outcome wasnt good, try and keep strong x

Yeah me with two of my pregnancies, I went back after two weeks and there was a bouncing bean with a heartbeat both times. Xx

I had 1 of these with my last son and was the same only had the yolk sack and had to go back the next week, at 6 weeks with most people they can only see the yolk sack as the heart doesnt start beating till between 6-7 weeks, i went back at 7 weeks and saw my babys heart beat, try not to worry (i know harder said than done) but its totally normal xx

Just had a 6 week scan and told that have a growing yolk sack but nothing else. Have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan, it doesn't look good though. Anybody had this before with a positive outcome?
Hi hun. I had this in tri 1. had a scan at 7 weeks and got put back to 5 weeks and then had to wait another 2 weeks to be scanned again!! don't stress too much, I was told that just because they date you from the first day of your last period that is just a rough guess and baby could have implanted anytime up to 2 weeks after. it doesn't mean baby isn't there. I had lots of dark brown CM so I pretty much convinced myself it was bad news and now here I am in tri 2 at just over 14 weeks! :) good luck xxx

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm not holding out for anything positive, the sack being at 17mm doesn't sound positive.

This happened to me last year and I went back and then the baby appeared but then sadly I lost it, every pregnancy is different and reading the comments they don't always turn out bad. Try to remain positive Hun. Xxx

I was in exactly this position last week. I had an early scan at 6+4 as i had previously had a miscarriage in February. On the scan they said everything looked normal but there was no heartbeat. I went back yesterday (a week later) and the foetus had grown lots and there was a clear heartbeat. I have never been so relieved, especially after a week of convincing myself that we were going to get bad news.
I hope you have a goos outcome too
xx

Problem is that the scanning tech said that it wasn't right yet the doc has asked us to go back in two weeks. I'm really sufferring with all day morning sickness and I'm thinking that it's all for nothing.

Whilst your still been sick you have hope. My 6 week scan was only 3mm. 6.4week saw HB.

Last edited:
Assuming the worst outcome on Thursday, will the procedure be a d and c or termination? I understand they are different.

They gave me three choices:
1. Take a tablet
2. Wait to mc naturally
3. D&C
I went for the D&C option, but it's personal choice hun. Hope your doing ok. Xxx

For my mmc at 6 weeks I took a tablet hun. A few days later it acted like a heavy period.

All this talk about 6 week scans? Is it a bad thing that I won't be getting a 6 week scan?? I'm panicking a wee bit now.

Last edited:
No hun.
6 week scans are normally for people with multiple losses and medical conditions.

You can always book a private early reassurance scan tho from 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back