Had a early scan today but left confused and scared

snoop

Reaction score
My pregnancy is measuring in at 6 weeks and 6 days. but I have to go back next Monday for another scan I had a trainee scanner and she seen a good heart beat to start with so she said, then she decided she could not decide after 10 mins if its strong enough or not so me and the oh after 30 mins in the scan room getting told there is to many pulses to give a accurate reading of its heart. Then we got taken into a wee room and told they seen the sack, yolk bag and the baby measuring at 7mm ane well tucked up in the womb and they want me to get a scan because they can't determin the heart rate.
So we have left with little hope even though the last nurse said it might be ok or it mighr not, no one can tell at the moment.
I feel so guilty and scared that I could lose this one too :-(

Hope ur ok Hun xxx they tend to not be too positive as they are constantly trying to cover there backs. They tend
To be very matter of fact about things too it's hard for us because we worry so much xx

i agree, they can't be over positive which from our perspective is a bit disappointing. that said, it sounds positive that they have seen the baby well tucked up. im sure eveything will be fine xx

Hope you're ok hun :hug: Fx everything will be fine.
xxx

Fingers crossed every things ok, wasn't there a qualified scanner there, it's ridiculous to let a trainee stress you out like that xxx

Thanks everyone, I suppose I have got my self worked up over nothing as usual, its going to be a long week waiting for the next scan. I guess that the heart beat could have been affected with stress I am going through as well as quiting smoking, I know I should have done that along time ago, but never thought I would get pregnant again.
Since the internal scan that the student done (was painful at times), I have a pain on and off my right side. i just hope its only the internal scan that caused it and not my little one x

Fingers crossed every things ok, wasn't there a qualified scanner there, it's ridiculous to let a trainee stress you out like that xxx

There was all she had to say was slow down to the student, I don't mind students we all have to learn, then the qualified one only spoke in the end to say we need you back in a week cause they cant tell because there is to many pulses to get a accurate reading x

Hope everything is perfect when you go back next week :) , Like they say she was probably just being over cautions not wanting to say too much, Try stay positive baby was all tucked up and even if they couldnt get a accurate reading there was a heart beat and thats the important think, XXX

Hey again , was just reading article about fetus development n it said when the heart first starts beating it can take a few days for the rythem to settle so maybe this was the reason for asking you to go back next week?

Hey again , was just reading article about fetus development n it said when the heart first starts beating it can take a few days for the rythem to settle so maybe this was the reason for asking you to go back next week?

Thanks Hugsy I hope that's the case with this wee one after what you wrote has gave me a bit more hope for monday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back