6 months and napping

skatty

Reaction score
I have been looking at the Baby Whisperer site and their seems to be a general view that around 6 months old babies start to take regular naps of 1½ hours twice a day!! They say with rolling, sitting up, feeding, trying to crawl etc that they get tired easier and daytime sleep tends to sort itself out. Now on a good day Leorah will have 1x1½ hour nap at some stage but I can't imagine her having 2 of that length. Since she has started to feed herself she does get very tired and go down for a nap but it generally only lasts 30-40 mins. Have any babies on this site found that their babies naps improved after 6 months?

Here's hoping :lol:

Stanley power naps and will have 20 mins here and there throughout the day (3/4 naps) I'd love a 1.5 hour stretch!

The only time he sleeps that long is if I cuddle up next to him and sleep too! Pointless for the housework really......... :lol:

Keeley's hav and they haven't... :?

on a good day she will wake up at half 7 have her bum changed then some breakfast then play and she'll be back alseep by half 8/9 then not wake up til 11... but then on days her dad has her she hardly sleeps at all :roll: :roll: i find it very hard puttin keeley into a routine for naps as her dad has her twice a week and all my routines go out the window :wall: :wall:

but mainly she wil still sleep for about half hour in the afternoon but she has started going to be at around 7/8 instead of 9/10 which is great :D

Arianna's has just improved this last month or so, she was like Stanley with the "power naps" but now she has an hour sleep at about 11am and another at about 4pm.

Since Ellie has been 6 months she normally has 2 occasionally 3 - 30min naps at nursery. She is then exhausted and goes down for 1hour about 45mins after we get home. I think some of that is because there is so much going on at nursery she doesn't want to miss out. She does nap for a bit longer (about 50mins) when she is home with me.

Jamie had 3 45minute naps yesterday but today has only had one but im not worried, if hes sleepy he will just pull at someone to give him a cuddle then go sleep. he used to nap so much when he was really little noww im glad hes awake for me to play with!!

I know it's a fluke and probably because she has a cold but Leorah had 1½ hours this morning then 1hr15 mins at lunchtime and is having her usual power nap on my DH now!! I must admit I like her napping as I get some time to do stuff but I also find the more she sleeps in the day the more settled she is at night, whne she has hardly naped we put her to bed and she keeps crying out evry 30+/40 mins and takes ages to get into a deep sleep.

Alfie has only just started doing this, he wakes up at half 5 (we were putting him bk to bed till 8 but he started waking in night agen) then at about half 7 goes for a power nap, till about 8 then at about 9 has a good 1,1/2 - 2 hours sleep, then up till about 1/2 then another 1 and a 1/2 2 hour sleep then, bath at 6, bed at 6.30 all way through till half 5 again

Katt, Gabriella is the same; she sleeps so much better at night if she has had regular naps in the day.

She is a cat napper though. She has 3 to 4 naps a day, the morning one is normally 20 mins to an hour, the afternoon one is normally an hour and the afternoon one is 20 mins to an hour. Sometimes she will sleep for longer than an hour but not often. I wish she would have longer stretches so that I could get bits done around the house.

At the moment she can't be up for any longer than 2 hours without getting tired, bless :D

Minxy said:
Stanley power naps and will have 20 mins here and there throughout the day (3/4 naps) I'd love a 1.5 hour stretch!

The only time he sleeps that long is if I cuddle up next to him and sleep too! Pointless for the housework really......... :lol:

THATS QUITE SIMIALER TO rACHAEL. sHE HAS LOTS OF POWER NAPS AND LOVES TO SNUGGLE WITH ME FOR A LONGER NAP! :hug:

fortunately I can say that Otis does generally fall into this catergory as he will sleep about an hour (to 1 1/2) after waking for any where for 1 to 2 hrs and then almost every 2 hrs he will want to sleep - if we're chilling at home! Otherwise he'll just have a nap in the moring and then again around 2pm for around 2hrs. So in total I would say that he sleeps for around 3hrs during the day (in total) and SOME times more if I'm lucky! :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back