napping

skatty

Reaction score
I am trying to get Leorah into a routine in the day. I put her down for naps in her pram as she sleeps best in that in the conservatory. She wears her snowsuit which I think helps her not startle. I put a blanket over the pram to block out visual stimulation as she is easily distracted and yet she will lie there for up to an hour and a half before she'll nod off!! All will be quiet so I'll take a peak and there she will be lying with her eyes wide open! Please has anyone any ideas as by the end of the day she is really overtired. I try and catch her before she's too tired and as soon as I put on her snowsuit she looks happy and starts getting droopy eyed! I have no idea what to do! :?

sorry sweety cant help, ellis has to be rocked to sleep for naps xxxx

Hi Skatty

I normally take a walk every day with Gabriella in her pram and she always seems to drop off; if she is still sleeping when I get back I will leave her to sleep.

She is definitely getting better with her naps; she normally has a couple of short ones in the day (half an hour to an hour) and a long one (2 to 3 hours) when we go out in the pram or car).

I found that after feeding and changing her; I put her in her rocker seat and bring her into the bathroom whilst I shower and the sound of the shower seems to send her to sleep.

I do think it is just trial and error and everyones babies are different; you just have to find what works for Leorah and yourself.

Good luck hun :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls :wink:

Well Leorah never managed to nap more than 10 mins the whole day yesterday and boy didn't we know it come bedtime! (she was up for14 hours :shock: ) I put her down at 7.00pm and we had to take it in turns to rock her in a dark room until 10pm! She then woke at 5.45am this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep!

She is still suffering terribly from wind, I am using infacol and it helps a bit but I think it must be caused by something else other than swallwoing air. I am desperate and am cutting out wheat and dairy from today to see if it helps1 I haven't a clue what I will eat but I have some calcium tablets :lol:

DH is out walking with her now as that usually sends her to sleep. We have decided it doesn't matter how she naps at the mo' as long as she does nap. She just can't switch off, she always has to be watching something, even in the pitch black room we have to cover the light of the baby moniter and she comes right up in your face trying to look you in the eye!

I just hope our persistance pays off, we seem to take two steps forward and then three back again :wall:

Hi

aww big :hug: to you guys it must be so difficult, hopefully she starts to nap better soon .
Katrina

Skatty I see you are worried that it may be your diet? I had to cut more vegetables out for a while with Brody, like brocolli and cabbage etc. Also I accidently had a fizzy drink one day and BOY did I know about it. Also anything spicy set Brody off when he was very little.

As far as the naps, have you got any more clues you could give her that it's slep time, like playing soft music or anything? I would maybe talk her for a walk in the pushchair till she goes to sleep a few times then seeing if she gets the message that the pram means a nap. At that age I was rocking Brody to sleep in his reclining chair so I'm not really an expert though!

Skatty, how are the naps coming on? I have just had a thought, you said in one of your posts that when you put Leorah down for a nap she is in her snow suit and her hands are covered? I am wondering if that is hindering her sleeping. Ellie almost always sucks on her thumb to goto sleep for her daytime naps.

I am very happy to say Leorah naps now :cheer:

I have been doing an elimination diet since Sunday and within 2 days it was like I have a new baby!! She now lets me know when she is ready! One minute she will be smiling and the next she'll get grizzly and I put her in her snowsuit and she looks relieved! Before I was putting her down at the first yawn as I read in the Baby Whisperer and she'd end up not napping at all! In fact today we were thinking she had been sleeping a bit too much but she's sleeping at the mo' so hopefully it hasn't disturbed her night/evening sleep.

She's better in the evening too, can still be a bit ratty but nothing compared to a week ago. She naps all evening until she is ready for her proper bed at around 10pm.

I am scared to add anything to my diet now but I am pretty sure its dairy proteins that upset her because I thought about it and her behaviour was always worst after a day where I'd eaten cheese, had cereal for breakfast and maybe a hot chocolate etc. It may be soy too as I gave up stir fries thinking the brown rice was upsetting her but after all my research its more likely to be the soy sauce. I am prepared to do thislimited diet as long as I need too, I am so pleased I have a happy baby!

Leorah doesn't suck her thumb yet but loves to suck her fingers or fist!

thanks for all your ideas and support :hug:

i am just getting hope into a routine at the mo and she is now sleeping trough the night, i will feed her when she wakes up and if that does not send her to sleep then we play for a bit and that usually does the trick, i try to feed her every 3 to 4 hours because she was comfort eating every hour before. also every time she falls asleep she goes to bed in her moses basket so that she knows when she is in there it is bed time. hope used to not sleep trhough the day or night hardly but this has worked fot me x also try taking your baby out in the car if you drive it works wonders

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back