Napping three month old... Jacob is three months today!

moss

Reaction score
At three months, do you/did you let your baby sleep whenever he or she wanted? Jacob has been napping a lot more than ever lately and I have just been going with the flow, as I try to do for most things, but when do you reach the point of limiting the length of naps or setting the time?

I don't even now. And Galen is the other side of 6 months.

TBH Galen sorted himself out nap wise as he got older and I've never really had to set a routine or wake him from sleeps (unless we *have* to go out). He now has 2 sleeps a day, one mid morning for about 30 minutes and one mid afternoon for about 40 minutes.

Unless you really want to try to set things to suit you for whatever reason I'd give Jacob a chance to find his own pattern (don't forget you've got growth spurts coming up where everything you thought you knew about your babys own patter goes out the window :lol: )

Good! I want to let him do whatever he feels like, but sometimes his naps last so long that part of me wondered whether I should be trying to keep him awake once in a while. He just suddenly started sleeping all day, which is completely new, so feels a little weird. He didn't even do that when he was first born! He sleeps at night, though, so I guess it's fine.

I shouldnt worry about interfering with his naps he sleeps well at night(for now :shhh: ) and they work it all out for themselves eventually. 0-6 months is also full of growing and some days especially following a spurt they tend to have some longer sleep. Make the most of it :wink: Theres plenty of fun to come when they start trying to drop naps when thier bodies are clearly not ready too mehe. Babies are pretty smart thou.. they work it all out for themselves over time. We just need to nudge here and there. :hug:

James hardly used to sleep at all during the day, now he'll often sleep for an hour in the afternoon and an hour in the morning and it doesn't seem to affect his night-time sleep. I try very hard never to wake him unless I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back