4th child and suffering anxiety and panic

bea beas

Reaction score
Hi ladies... i am new to the pregnancy forum but i am keen to make friends and gain some much needed suppos rt and reassurance.

Just given birth to my 4th child on 11th of dec 2010 and was ok for a few days but now i am home i am feeling overwhelmed. i feel ok one minute all happy and relaxed and then the next minute feel complete despair, very low panicky and tearful and just a complete loss of hope of feeling normal again... didnt really suffer baby blues that i can remember but just wandering if anyone else feels like me? i love my children and have a very supportive hubby who is just fab although doesnt always understand, i mean i have given birth 3 times before and havent felt bothered about my post natal body but now seem to be all health anxious and stressed out... i had a good labour and was home the next day, bf is going well and my bleeding had stopped and then last night it all gushed again and that proper scared me so i called the midwife at 2am and spent the night up worrying...it wasnt even alot of blood and has stopped again now but i am worried i will freak out when it stars again!! just hate feeling so worried and anxious and dreading the worst when there have been no signs of anything bad!! will this ever end and is anyone else experiencing the same issues or similar?

I've just had my 2nd and feel quite like that! One minute happy, the next quite sad! I'm putting it down to being very tierd!
Welcome to the forum btw!

aww when was he/she born? i am trying to tell myself its just tiredness but feel like i am walking around in a dream most of the time...thanks hunny... i just can't seem to get the hang of these feelings so have kind of shut myself off from everyone and am trying to convince myself i am ok i'm not gonna die and i will get thru this!!! its just baby blues i think but my thoughts are freaking me out! x

do you feel any of these feelings? xx hugs xx

OMG. So glad you have posted this. I was just going to create my own thread on Baby Blues. I had them quite bad... It wasnt until I googled my symptoms to find out what it was. I honestly thought I was losing my mind and I am sure my husband did aswell.

Had my 1st baby boy on 29th November. I was fine for the first 3 days and then it set in. I had hardly any sleep for 5 nights due to being in hospital prior to being induced. I knew the tiredness didnt help but I was sooo incredibly emotional. I felt TRAPPED and ANXIOUS. I was wondering why on earth I decided I was mother material and was wondering why I wanted a baby. I was having horrible irrational thoughts and I felt like I wasnt bonding enough with Campbell.

My question is... WHY DOESNT ANYONE TALK ABOUT BB MORE?

If I had known how common they were and what the symptoms were I wouldnt have thought I was losing my mind!! I think I will create a thread in 3rd trimester for others xxx

aww pudds86 i know what u mean, i think midwives get so wrapped up in caring for our unborn bundles, that they sometimes neglect the mother and how she feels and they dont tell us what we will experience post pregnancy which i think is where awareness needs to be raised.

i am feeling ok today but sometimes my mind races with irrational thoughts and then the panic and anxiety will set in, i seem to be ok during the day and then the blues creep in at about 8pm in the evening! ((STRANGE))

At least from putting our thoughts on here we now know we are all perfectly normal and experiencing normal post pregnancy complaints so thats a relief in itself i guess...

how do you feel now? xx

mine came in evening too! it seemed to be anxiety about getting him to bed and then no sleep x

hiya i had that with my second child and am now expecting my 3rd really scared its gonna happen again! The doctors put me on a low dose of citalopram which really helped,but now i'm expecting again i've had to come off it which is really hard,did u have your chidren close together?,my youngest is only 8 months maybe that has something to do with it?

Hang in there ladies , congrats and welcome to PF Bea Bea - it will get better and easier, but if it doesnt seem like it is, ask the local health visitor or doc, do seek help and support early on, never try to middle through, a problem shared really is progress X

thanks ladies... just doesnt feel like i can rationalise anything at the mo...feeling very health anxious... i think if my bleeding stopped i would be able to get on with enjoying things. so worried at the sight of blood every time i go to the loo and its not even heavy but i keep waking up and getting up n expecting to haemmorage everywhere n that is what is giving me the anxiety and panic!!i am not even bleeding heavy and it starts and stops too but for me i think its loads but it really isnt, just so not used to seeing blood now cos have not had a period for about 2 yrs as my last 2 babies were very close in ages... just wish i could stop freaking out about it! hurry up 6 weeks so i know i am ok and all the post pregancy bleeding etc goes!

Well I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for 6 weeks now. I am able to manage it alot better now since I know what triggers it and how to calm myself, but I'm TERRIFIED I will get it when the baby us born because at the moment the only thing keeping me going is that it will be over when the baby arrives!!

If I have them now, I'm bound to get them after the birth? And everything will be more stressful :s

The doc was useless, just gave me a print out of how to breathe through them. I totally underhand how you feel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back