mini pill and bleeding,,

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
My bleeding stopped about 2weeks after birth completly, i decided to go onto mini pill on monday, then on tuesday i started bleeding again, its like a period, red blood etc, and average not too heavy, i know the mini pill can cause irregular bleeding, but soo soon after taking? or isit just coincidence? i've got funny tummy ache too, not like period pain, ita achy and i kep feeling quite dizzy..

anyone on the mini pill, or any suggestions? xxx

I was on the mini pill after having sam and the bleeding frove me insane. I was having AF every 2 weeks then spotting in between.

Emma58 said:
I was on the mini pill after having sam and the bleeding frove me insane. I was having AF every 2 weeks then spotting in between.

oh ek, might have second thoughts on takin it then? cant have rudey cuddles when bleedin like this so defeats object hehe xx

Same as Emma. I had nothing for 6 weeks and then I bled on and off for the best part of a month (maybe more, can't remember) and stopped taking it. My GP said that with pills like that it can often be all or nothing - some people don't bleed at all, some bleed constantly.

Maybe wait and see if it settles down?

daftscotslass said:
Same as Emma. I had nothing for 6 weeks and then I bled on and off for the best part of a month (maybe more, can't remember) and stopped taking it. My GP said that with pills like that it can often be all or nothing - some people don't bleed at all, some bleed constantly.

how soon after takin it did you begin to bleed?
i will wait week, i was hoping i could relax no more bleeding for lil while... :( ah well, why do we have to go thru all this and not men lol.. no wonder we moan hehe xx

charlotteheys85 said:
daftscotslass said:

i will wait week, i was hoping i could relax no more bleeding for lil while... :( ah well, why do we have to go thru all this and not men lol.. no wonder we moan hehe xx

I was supposed to start taking it before I had a period after the birth. Totally forgot this advice and waited until my first period which was 8 weeks after she was born. Then I had nothing for 6 weeks then the fun began. Now that I've stopped taking it I'm regular as clockwork, 28 days.

Yeah when there's a man pill my OH is on the list :lol:

daftscotslass said:
charlotteheys85 said:
daftscotslass said:

I was supposed to start taking it before I had a period after the birth. Totally forgot this advice and waited until my first period which was 8 weeks after she was born. Then I had nothing for 6 weeks then the fun began. Now that I've stopped taking it I'm regular as clockwork, 28 days.

Yeah when there's a man pill my OH is on the list :lol:

i wouldnt trust oho take it, he wants more children, i dont lol..
did u habe problems with mini pill and bleeding too? xx

I took cerazette and didnt bleed at all! Though my friend bled alot for a couple of months?! Its weird how it affects people different isnt it?!

I posted a similar thread when I first went on the mini-pill too, had only been taking it a few days and started bleeding! :evil: Thought it was going to be stop-start bleeding from then on, but tbh I bled for about a week and then had nothing since. Ive been on it over 7 weeks now, and apart from that intial bleed havent had anything else since and no other side effects either :D

lisa282 said:
I posted a similar thread when I first went on the mini-pill too, had only been taking it a few days and started bleeding! :evil: Thought it was going to be stop-start bleeding from then on, but tbh I bled for about a week and then had nothing since. Ive been on it over 7 weeks now, and apart from that intial bleed havent had anything else since and no other side effects either :D

yay thanks for this post hun, my bleeding has started to reduce over last few days, few hours after taking it, i bleed a lil bit more but dies down alot in day, hoping this will eventually die right down completly hehe..

going to stick it out another week or soo :) xxx

lea m said:
I took cerazette and didnt bleed at all! Though my friend bled alot for a couple of months?! Its weird how it affects people different isnt it?!

Im on cerazette and was bleeding practically everyday for 3 months, but now I just get a light period for a couple of days a month. The reason for it is that it breaks down the lining of the womb, hence the blood. So it makes the womb lining not good enough for an egg to grow, and it's gotta come out somehow lol.

leckershell said:
lea m said:

Im on cerazette and was bleeding practically everyday for 3 months, but now I just get a light period for a couple of days a month. The reason for it is that it breaks down the lining of the womb, hence the blood. So it makes the womb lining not good enough for an egg to grow, and it's gotta come out somehow lol.

i'm on this one too, still not had AF yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back