:(

I personally have no problem buying things second hand, as long as they're in good condition. The only things we bought brand new for my daughter were the buggy and the car seat. We were given a Moses basket but I bought a new mattress. I buy most of her clothes off selling sites on fb as well as toys. I don't think the baby will have a rubbish life, just because someone used the stuff before them so please don't stress xx

I don't see a problem with second hand-it depends on your circumstances.
I've ordered a brand new pram but if odd known my financial situation would change then I wouldn't have bothered.
I've got a second hand crib,cot and swing and more than half of his clothes are second hand.
Maybe try meeting in the middle it's stuff..g buy some new and some second hand.
Is it that money or budgeting that's a worry for him?

It sounds like there are two things going on...personally, I've bought most things for our baby second hand simply because I'm refusing to pay outrageous store prices for cheaply made goods (don't get me started on nursery furniture...), and I don't think there's anything wrong with saving a bit of money that way. If you feel like he's not really committed to caring for your baby, that's another deal - but I don't think that a loving upbringing depends on how much money you're able to spend on your baby, it's more about the sacrifices you're willing to make?

Maybe try talking to him and explain how you feel, and perhaps try to find out why it is that he doesn't want to spend more money?

I don't see anything wrong with buying second hand! In fact, in my opinion it is a lot better. Literally everything we've got for our little one (apart from a few items of clothing) is second hand. If you bought EVERYTHING brand new, you'd actually be spending well into the thousands. Even if I was rich, I'd still buy a lot of second hand stuff. Also, financial issues aside.... environmentally do you know how much is thrown away into landfill?!

Why would you relate second hand stuff with a 'rubbish upbringing'? Everything I had as a child was second hand and I had a lovely upbringing. Good parenting and loving your child has nothing to do with materialistic possessions. Also, why do you think he would be so bitter to try and enforce a rubbish upbringing to his own children just because he had one?

I already love my unborn child unconditionally, I absolutely adore my baby. I aim to provide him/her with the best upbringing I possibly can, regardless of where his/her things come from.

I just hope that if you decide not to have this baby then it is for other reasons and nothing to do with whether his/her things are brand new or not.

So to answer your question, yes, I think you are wrong.

Just realised this is her only post, so she may not even check back on this. Don't know if it's my bad pregnancy mood, but this post has actually made me quite angry.

I think it's trolling.

How can you go 'baby's dad wants me to buy everything second hand so maybe I should just terminate' which is pretty much what she said :eh:

I really hope so, Pheonix. Even the way she writes is angering me! Ahh

If this is her 4th baby, then she should have most things already...

I am sad to say that this makes me angry too :-(
If it's trolling, that's one thing. If it's true, well, I don't have any words.

I don't like this thread, who says should I terminate because they can't afford everything brand new... What the actual hell? Poor unborn bubba :(

Stupid woman.

Let's just say she's trolling to put our mind's at ease.

Let's hope so Hun!! I don't get why people do things like that though, like don't they have better things to do with their time?

That's the sad thing. However, we're not responding in the way that a troll wants us to, so this is good.
Preying on people who are pregnant or struggling with kiss or trying to conceive. Doesn't get much lower, but we are bigger than this!

Oh god. Not another troll post. Who cares about second hand stuff? What has OHs upbringing got to do with it? You have serious issues or just a snob. Wasting your time posting this type if thread. Good luck to ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back