Making a complaint?

willowwisp

Reaction score
In light of the frankly shocking and appalling consultation we've just had with a consultant, does anyone know how best to make a complaint?

I know about PAL's, which is basically the NHS's black hole for ignoring complaints, does anyone know any other way or any senior people to target?

Send a letter marked strictly private and confidential to the medical director

Depending on the board it may not go to the medical director. Lots of people address letters to Nicola Sturgen but she never gets them either - unless the complaint is big enough to be passed up to her.

Hope you get it sorted love xxx

wow sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience, it's hardly the time you want that to happen x

It would get there at my hospital! You can get the MDs name from the hospital website, also look for the email convention and email it as well.

Last edited:
yeah, thats why I said it may get there, and that all boards are different..

Thanks all, we've managed to get hold of the CE's details, do you think this will do? We are planning on copying him (or do we need MD?) in on the complaint to PAL's to ensure it gets properly handled.

Going back to the GP to ask for a referral elsewhere. Utterly disgusted and very very upset.

I don't know where u r from obviously hon. My experience with PALS at my hospital was very good. If u aren't happy with them I'd recommend going straight to the Chief Executive. Our CE was who wrote back to me as well as PALS, so getting in touch with the CE makes sense to me.

In my Boardwe have a specific complaints department but dealings with any from my end they are always addressed to the Chief Executive. This is then passed on to the relevant people. Maybe you could try that for your Board.

Its really rubbish that your in a position where you have to complain though. I feel for you having gone through something similar with my GP practice. The process is different though as its not acute care. Made it all harder for me by being an NHS employee but at the end of the day I am also a patient. And we all deserve the best. Good luck xxxx

It may also be a good idea to sent a copy to your local MP and state that in the letter , as that usually gains some extra weight because your MP has to keep in contact with you until your happy with the outcome so no-one can just file it away .
So sorry you've had such a terrible experiance and hope you get something sorted by your complaint , Good luck xx

Thanks all, email has gone to PAL's, the hospital complaint department, and (with some googling) directly to the CE on cc. I'm not expecting much, seeing my GP on Tuesday to request a referral to a different consultant. I have no confidence in her ability to get me through this pregnancy.

I'm honestly still so upset about it I can't bare to repeat it all. Hubby is the most laid back person in the world, he has fabulous people skills and his job reflects that so he is used to dealing with difficult people day in day out. He was horrified by her behaviour towards us and he actually stepped in and managed it which she was seriously displeased about because he gave as good as he got but didn't rise to the provocations. I'm usually described as being a bit cold and hard because I cope with just about everything anyone could throw at me, but she had me in such a state I couldn't speak or even look at her within 5 minutes of being in the same room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back