3rd labours...harder? easier?

mariana

Reaction score
just wanting to hear your stories, as i have been told third labours are the most painful! i am 13 weeks with my third.

Hiya Mariana,welcome to the forum,didn't want to read and run when i had my dd2 second time labour was easy and quick within 3 hours of labour than my first dd was in labour 18 hours.

I don't know from experience having a 3rd baby but i've also had people tell me it does get alot harder when your older having babies and painfull
labours but i hope not cause we are ttc baby no 3. :?

I suppose everyones different,hopefully someone might have more answers for you having 3 or more babies.
Good luck and congratulations on your 3rd pregnancy.x

I was told third pregnancies and labours tend to be awkward longer and more painful

had 45 hours prom syntocinon and forceps with the first
45 minutes 12 contractions 2 pushes with the second
4 hours gas and air relaxed calm with the third and he was the biggest too at 9lb3 - the first 2 were three weeks early while my 3rd was on his due date - it couldnt have been any easier or more normal :lol:

I am now wondering what number 4 will bring :)

My 3rd labour was by far the best.

1st was about 20 hours long and 1 week early weighing 6lb 11oz.

2nd I was induced, she was back to back and although I dilated in 4 hours I was pushing for 4 hours too. 11 days over due weighing 8lb 11oz

3rd I was only in labour for 1 hour 44 mins and although his shoulder got stuck cos he was my biggest baby he was the least painful one. I recovered really quickly after the birth too :) 5 days over due weighing 9lb 5 oz

Hmm, My second was the most painful lol by far! Although my 3rd was the biggest!

First labour = 31 1/2 hours
Second labour = 7 hours
Third labour = 9 hours but just progressed slower, wasnt in as much pain as with Dillon!

Also I dont know if this is what most people find but my babys got heavier lol

First - 7lb 12oz
Second - 8lbs 7 oz
Third - 8lbs 9 oz

If a lot of people find that, maybe thats why they also say its more painful ha

I was my mums 3rd child and it was her worse labour by far. It took 34 hours, I got trapped behind her cervix which had swelled up with the cord around my neck and she had to be transferred to hospital (was having a homebirth) narrowly avoiding a c-section.

I hadn't heard the 3rd child thing before, I guess everyone's different so you might have a really easy labour this time

My mums 3rd labour was by far her best...even better than her 4th :) She said it was the most amazing experience. Labour only lasted a couple of hours & she only pushed twice and he was here. She said she sat in amazement and couldnt believe he had arrived and she sat saying he cant be I didnt do anything LOL

lea m said:
Also I dont know if this is what most people find but my babys got heavier lol

First - 7lb 12oz
Second - 8lbs 7 oz
Third - 8lbs 9 oz

Yeah! I know I put it in my post but listed they were

6lb 11oz
8lb 11oz
9lb 5oz

so quite a big just each time.

My first was...back to back, 1hr 47mins, no pain relief...6lb 7oz
My second was also back to back, 1hr 27mins, no pain relief..5lb 5oz
My third was normal position, 15 mins, no pain relief (no time lol).6lb 9oz
My fourth was an emergency induction (no fluid around the baby) 11 days early, 2hrs 46mins dry labour, v.painful, had gas and air..6lb 5oz.

My labour with my 3rd was just under 2 hours from first pain till he was born. i was fully dilated at home when the m/w arrived and i was in the hospital for 9 mins and he was born, so it was quite quick :D

omg dont say that!

i never heard that b4 n im 33 weeks preggers with my 3rd!! :shock:

i hope its not true.

my two were 7lb10oz then 5lb7oz so dont know what this litttle bean will do!!!!

I'm pretty sure my mums third was the easiest birth.

1st- Induction and forceps, baby was a few weeks early, 6lb12oz
2nd-Natural birth quite long though and tears, 3 weeks late, 9lb
3rd- Natural birth 2 weeks early, 2 hours long, baby simply fell out, but had problems relating to injesting a lot of crap on way out and spend 10 days in hos (thogh this wasnt related to her birth) 6lb 15

The difference in weight my mum thinks is to do with the lighter ones being girls, and bigger boys running in the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back